Fatwa Regarding Software Piracy

I found it interesting. So I wanted to share

http://www.jamiabinoria.net/efatawa/03-21-2009/5697.htm

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I found it interesting. So I wanted to share

http://www.jamiabinoria.net/efatawa/03-21-2009/5697.htm

[/quote]

True, piracy is not allowed in Islam and it is equal to stealing and stealing law applies on it. And it means cutting right hand.

^ piracy equal to stealing , hence is immoral and illegal in Islam

c'mon now all u guys give ur private torrents sites password to me... :P

i ll change them so i ll contribute in decreasing illegal file sharing :)

Yea, It's illegal in Islam

That means that abt 95% of Pakistan has stolen coz abt every1 is using pirated windows

Who cares?

^ofcourse no one but you, yourself, have to care about it :)

Who cares?
[/quote]

Everyone should care…! :)

so what should we do? i think we should uninstall windows and buy a original windows worth Rs.16000 ~ or we shuld start using Ubuntu :)

Why don't you look at it this way.......If you buy genuine then your indirectly funding the enemies of Islam. Obviously this is not always the case but still............

Why don’t you look at it this way…If you buy genuine then your indirectly funding the enemies of Islam. Obviously this is not always the case but still…
[/quote]

You are directly funding “enemies of Islam” by buying and using Intel/AMD processor, motherboard and your whole computer. The light bulb, the electricity, cars, cellphones and what-not.

Now what? :)

WHAT SENSEful THREAD AND TOPIC, AND ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. HA..hA

software piracy in this country is matter of economics this is a poor country, people have hard time building a 15,000 rupees computer hardware wise how the heck they gonna spend another 15,000 on software, it doesn't legitimizes the piracy but bottom line is buying power. nobody likes to have pirated software, deal with genuine advantage patches etc, but lack of financial capacity resorts then to take this rout, i doubt it comuter/inter would have ever evolved to where it is now in pakistan without piracy 'cause software cost would have killed the market at launch in 90s.

[/quote]

True True, but do you think we should pirate or not. If a restaurant staff gives you free food without the owner knowing it, do you think it would be fair? Just a question?

and as for fatwa... right or wrong these things are given out like laddoos, question is who is issuing is what authority he has, who he is representing, unless there is a central islamic scholars committee or something like in cairo, egypt etc who represent majority of muslims in the world and they issue fatwa then i might accept as muslim, but fatwas coming out of uneducated mullahs from every street corner is not acceptable to my common sense.

[/quote]

Dude don't get me started on the ignorant topic I had with you on the other thread. If shakil is showing a fatwa from a place he believes have good and sound scholars then thats his belief. You are giving us the same laddoos by saying egypt being the only sole authority in the world for giving out fatwas. Look, seriously, not in anger (not in jazbati) how many Mullas have you been to? Can you name any five popular uneducated scholars? Can you name any Egyptian scholar that you would recommend? Remember Most Alqaeda ideologies come from Egyptian scholars, so tell us which learning center should we go to? Why egypt and not Saudi, or Kuwaiti scholars? With over 100 Countries in the world, why pick Egypt?

@wampyr

Good one!!!

@Ultimate

Great answer. Its precise, doesn't offend anyone, and shows how open minded one is.

Software piracy is immoral, and i wont reject that many of us do that. many of us indeed...

anybody who pretends being religious and still pirates , is gay and hypocrite.

stealing is bad, whether you're stealing some car or an Operating System.

Software piracy is immoral, and i wont reject that many of us do that. many of us indeed…

anybody who pretends being religious and still pirates , is gay and hypocrite.

stealing is bad, whether you’re stealing some car or an Operating System.

[/quote]

Copyright infringement is NOT STEALING. The producer/seller of the item does not face any material loss, so he does not suffer. The only loss he makes is the ILLUSION OF A “LOST SALE”.

If you have the money to buy original software, but still pirate software, that’s when gets wrong.

Oh and don’t just BLINDLY follow anyone who gives a fatwa. Allah gave you the required senses and a brain to think and reason with whatever you come across.

Why don’t you look at it this way…If you buy genuine then your indirectly funding the enemies of Islam. Obviously this is not always the case but still…
[/quote]

That’s not enough…I know let’s live in caves like the Taliban!

PLEASE…

Stop using the internet, your computer, your car and electricity then if you hate the “enemies of Islam” so much :rolleyes:

That’s not enough…I know let’s live in caves like the Taliban!

PLEASE…

Stop using the internet, your computer, your car and electricity then if you hate the “enemies of Islam” so much :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Stop talking in Engalish, you infidels. ;)

Copyright infringement is NOT STEALING. The producer/seller of the item does not face any material loss, so he does not suffer. The only loss he makes is the ILLUSION OF A “LOST SALE”.

If you have the money to buy original software, but still pirate software, that’s when gets wrong.

Oh and don’t just BLINDLY follow anyone who gives a fatwa. Allah gave you the required senses and a brain to think and reason with whatever you come across.

[/quote]

that is funny actually, What gave you the perception that i’m following any fatwa?

I don’t care about what some dude thinks is bad and the whole world’s should follow it.

The thing is, if someone pretends to follow a super entity, they should atleast not act as hypocrites.

Sure you can TRY to satisfy your inner self that you’re not stealing when you’re PIRATING a s/w (ever thought was its called PIRACY/PIRATING?), but the reality is, you are stealing when you’re not paying for something that somebody busted their arses working on.

Take it like this,

The software/intellectual property owners spent their precious hours and thousands if not hundreds of thousands of Dollars on their programs/intellectual property, …it doesn’t really matter if their end product is tangible (a car) or not (computer program, a movie).

Most people in denial say: "we’re PIRATING (use a soft word here to satisfy your inner self again) because we wouldn’t have bought the original software anyway, so thats not loss of sale to them"

If you say “I wouldn’t have stolen the software had i not seriously need it to do the work i need for my Master’s degree”

OR

you say “I would never have bought the original software, were I not being able to PIRATE it”…

…Would you STEAL a car, just caz you need one to go to your university for Master’s degree?

or

if you steal a car, Would you say, I wouldn’t have stolen a car, had I not found a car with a door left open and the keys inside?

Think again, for yourself, don’t listen to my words, just analyze and think whats wrong and whats not.

P.S.: I don’t know if i even believe in half of what the Mullah’s keep telling us, so no chance of me following some illogical fatwa anyway.

@ V9s

I read your link and looked into the guy who wrote it "Edip Yuksel"

The guy who says Quran is the only and only Law and authority. The sunnah is to be neglected completely. Funny you would even come to this thread. And Yes the link actually does make you one of them cuz you are promoting them, Just in case if you were wondering or if you weren't aware.

@AbbasJin

Calm down brother.

that is funny actually, What gave you the perception that i’m following any fatwa?

I don’t care about what some dude thinks is bad and the whole world’s should follow it.

[/quote]

i never said you were following any fatwa, it was a general shout out to everyone here.

If you say “I wouldn’t have stolen the software had i not seriously need it to do the work i need for my Master’s degree”

OR

you say “I would never have bought the original software, were I not being able to PIRATE it”…

…Would you STEAL a car, just caz you need one to go to your university for Master’s degree?

or

if you steal a car, Would you say, I wouldn’t have stolen a car, had I not found a car with a door left open and the keys inside?

Think again, for yourself, don’t listen to my words, just analyze and think whats wrong and whats not.

[/quote]

To use your analogy, pirating would be the equivalent of looking at the car you wanted and making a copy of it at home…see it doesn’t logically make sense.

I’m not saying piracy is all good, all i’m saying is that if you can afford it, buy it and don’t be a hypocrite. But if you can’t afford it,find better alternatives.

but what PISSES me off is when businesses declare that they are losing $XXXXX because of piracy and when people equate piracy to stealing!