FAT or NTFS file system?

I want to ask about the NTFS and FAT file system!!!is there any advantage or disadvantage for any of these file systems!!!whats their effect on normal user while installing windows!!!

i havent used either as much but from what i have read i think NTFS is much better

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I want to ask about the NTFS and FAT file system!!!is there any advantage or disadvantage for any of these file systems!!!whats their effect on normal user while installing windows!!!
[/quote]

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=33840#p33840

NTFS is newer and better!

the data doesn’t gets easily corrupted on improper shut-downs

its a bit faster

fat32 doesn’t supports partition size more than 32 GB

Ntfs All The Way......

NTFS is without doubt a lot better than Fat. Fewer data loss and corruption in case of power losses.

also, with FAT32 there's a size limit of 4GB per file.

so let say, if you want to rip a DVD to an ISO/BIN image, the image's gonna be around 4+ GBs, and you'll simply get an error so you'll either have to split the image into 4GB chunks or convert ur drive into NTFS format.

NTFS is much better. (vista wont install on a FAT32 partition, it'll format the partition to NTFS just for the increased performance/security)

but NTFS causes problem while using ghost...

but NTFS causes problem while using ghost…
[/quote]

no pain, no gain! :P

someone did say something about trying some new version of Ghost

no pain, no gain! :P

someone did say something about trying some new version of Ghost

[/quote]

yeah yeah it was me it was me! :D

yeah new versions do fix these issues!

I have GHOST 2002 and it doesnt support the NTFS.I know the next version supports the NTFS v.2003 and I bought CD for that too..but very unluckily it was corrupt..so i guess i should go again and buy the ghost v.2003 but it would definitely be not available in my locality..

no pain, no gain!

extra pain would be taken!!!!!

I have GHOST 2002 and it doesnt support the NTFS.I know the next version supports the NTFS v.2003 and I bought CD for that too…but very unluckily it was corrupt…so i guess i should go again and buy the ghost v.2003 but it would definitely be not available in my locality…

no pain, no gain!

extra pain would be taken!!!

[/quote]

downloading is your best bet!

Use Ghost 11. It supports FAT and NTFS file systems on old IDE type drives and even on latest SATA drives. Its size is only 1.8 MB

@xplorer

could u please give the link of GHOST 11 over here!!!!

I have searched but found all of them shareware!!!!!

^ Check your mail.

^ Check your mail.
[/quote]

Asad, mind sharing? :P

abbasjin ate-the-rat-of gmail doubt com

^ Check your mail.
[/quote]

plz i need d link too,email me if cant b postd here.

Sorry fellas. You know the rules... though check your mail as I have sent less formal apologies ;)

Sorry fellas. You know the rules… though check your mail as I have sent less formal apologies ;)
[/quote]

:lol:

Just keep emailing the stuff. ;)

:lol:

Just keep emailing the stuff. ;)

[/quote]

Not the stuff man, just the “apologies” :) . Everyone stays happy this way.

You should "apologise" more often ;)