Fastest File Host(For PTCL or Link.net users)

I wanted to buy a new premium account of Rapidshare,megashares or megaupload. Before buying i want to confirm what speed people get who have these accounts, so please mention these information

1)Connection: Company , Speed

2)location: _ Town, City

3)Average Speed : _ kBps

4)Site : RS, MS or MU

5)Average Download/Day : _ GB

6)Average Download/Month: _ GB

Copy text below and fill it, Thanks for reading and replying to this post

1)Connection: ,

2)Location:

3)Average Speed : kBps

4)Site :

5)Average Download/Day : GB

6)Average Download/Month: GB

Connection : PTCL 2Mbps

Avg Speed : 210Kbps

Site : RS

Avg Download: Some times nothin , Pre loadshedding 4-7GB, Now 1GB to 3GB

Avg DL / Month : Used to be 30-40GB in pre loadshedding days/ Now abt 10-20Gb

Megaupload..

I bought this account as a special deal it was like $99 Unlimited downloads for lifetime.. i dont use it much.. only when i cant find anything on rapidshare.. speeds are ok .. not as fast as RS.. i get arnd 180KBps avg.

Take my advice... go for RS.. #1 you can find almost anything u want to dl on RS.. and RS offers like 6-8 Transit Providers.. that means if ur getting slow speeds on one provider u can switch to another one..which ensures u always get the best speeds.. MU doest have that facility. Buy RS select Cogent and Telesonera as ur transit providers and enjoy the fastest dl speeds 24x7.

Rapidshare!

rapishare gives a 250kB/s to 2mb users of ptcl

calculate the rest ur self

rapidshare is the best.

rapidshare gives 110 Kbps on 1 MB link on LinkDotNet

no doubt speed is good with rapidshare the content is also good!

and i get sometimes 6MB per second if i am in head office in a month only once :P laste week downloaded 12 movies in a day :P and was tired up bur RS rocks.

yeah but at home 512K LDN avg speed 55k fit and fine :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Rapidshare!
[/quote]

i had to download a 26MB tool, it wasn’t available anywhere as direct download and the only link i could find was RapidShare.

I hate rapidshare caz its a PITA for shared-IP users like vptcl etc. anyway i wasted like 40 minutes trying to write the SAME security code as asked. the stupid cats and symbols were so mixed up that i had to retry like a dozen times. in the end i got tired, felt like an ass and alt+F4ed the window.

left quite an impression on me.

thanks God a friend uploaded it somewhere else for me and i finally was able to download it.

but i guess u guys are talkin bout premium accounts

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i had to download a 26MB tool, it wasn’t available anywhere as direct download and the only link i could find was RapidShare.

I hate rapidshare caz its a PITA for shared-IP users like vptcl etc. anyway i wasted like 40 minutes trying to write the SAME security code as asked. the stupid cats and symbols were so mixed up that i had to retry like a dozen times. in the end i got tired, felt like an ass and alt+F4ed the window.

left quite an impression on me.

thanks God a friend uploaded it somewhere else for me and i finally was able to download it.

but i guess u guys are talkin bout premium accounts

[/quote]

ya i recommended rapidshare becuase he is going for premium account otherwise i also hate rapidshare

anyone using megashares premium account here? how is that compared to RS?

I got meself a RS Premium for the summer, going awesome so far.

Abt megaupload, the thing is that there are more RS links for stiff available then MU, so thats why most ppl go for RS.

megashares is now becoming more popular than megaupload. 6.7 GB file is hosted on megashares with only one link and also that doesnt die as early as RS links. I am still trying to get a megashares account. I hope they give me max download speed as RS. :D

I started this topic to get an idea of speed that users get not compare these hosts. So i am listing positive and negative points of all 3 sites. RS is most suitable for most people because you can find almost anything there. Megashares is suitable for people who want HD stuff.

RS:

+points : Almost everything is available (no.1), fast, files expire after 90 days of no download

- points : 100 mb files(Have to extract movies,series,etc),download limit (50gb/5 days)

Megashares:

+points : cheap (~1/2 RapidShare price), 10gb size limit(1 link for movies,series,etc), no download limit, HD content(no.2 after rapidshare) is readily available.

- points : Other than movies, games and series, very limited stuff (no.3), files expire within weeks.

Megaupload:

+points : no download limit

- points : can't use external download mangers, not much stuff (no.2)

rapidshare files do not expire. MOST of the RS files are from premium users so they have unlimited lifetime. they are deleted only if someone reports the links as piracy promoting links. :D

HD content is posted on all of them. its just now i see megashares links more than MU links because they are told to be as fast as RS + one link to download. if you buy a MSshars account tehn you'd be so p***** to not find most of the stuff on MShares. :P

MU is the worst thing out there. LOL

go for a RS. :D

Saad it depends on your connection. If your like us here with a 512kb or 1MB connection, then the Rapidshare 50GB/5days limit means nothing to you, you will never get to that point. As for speed, RS will give you a dedicated maximum, Itd depend on your connection rather then the file hoster id suppose.

HD content is also available on RS if you know where to look, as for having to extract, barely takes a minute.

if you have a premium account with rs you don't have to worry about multiple links! coz you can batch download em!

plus as wazim87 mentioned everything is there on RS you just need to find links

listen, I have used a megashares premium account now. and something is seriously wrong with that. I am trying to download a 7 GB file and its as fast as RS on a 2mb connection. but I when I paused the download and reset the modem , it wont let me resume that same file. all of my 2 GB download expired. :o megashares sucks if there is no solution to that. :(

with rapidshare i just pause the downloads and resume them with new IP without any problem.. so RS is much much better with just this feature alone. :D