Family Social Networking websites

Someone help me in finding Family Social Networking website. As most of the social websites like facebook, orkut,Hi5 is basically designed for friends & dating like stuff, everyone can view your profile. & everyone using these for their friends.

Most thing is too secure family Photos.

As my family is scattered in whole world, so I want to make a platform from where my whole family can share there experiences,photos,videos & update about events.So everyone can stay in touch every moment of life.

I need any good & secure social website which is only family oriented site.

Features like

- I can send invitation to my family members to join my family community.

- My family members authorize to get in.

- Everyone can startup blogs.

- Everyone can add up photos (facility of Album)

- Everyone can add up videos.

- Reminders,events Calenders.

I have found one http://famiva.com/ , would you people recommend this.

or someone using any other.

I need such like that I feel only my family is using this website & there is no other world for my family. Although there may be thousands of family networks but they are independent of each others.

Found that but not decided which is best, safe & secure.

http://www.rotorblog.com/2008/08/17/10-family-friendly-social-networking-sites-for-you/

Simple way is to make your own social network

You can use

Boonex Dolphin script or

Phpmotion(blogs,videos,photos,audio) sharing script

You can even make a website and install various scripts on it

Coppermine for photo sharing

Buddypress for blog sharing

Clip-bucket or osTube for video sharing

In this way you can make the most secure network

i am waiting for Google Wave

There is one called www.myfamily.com. Very good features. I am a satisfied customer since the last 10 years.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

There is one called www.myfamily.com. Very good features. I am a satisfied customer since the last 10 years.
[/quote]

Looking good. & also easy domain name. Few months ago I tried to make A/c on sampa.com, but after 2-3 months they wind up their booria bistara. So that why I am searching for some permanent & free website.

Are you facing any problem… yeh ads are problem in free package if they out of limits…

As I said, I am a satisfied customer (with good customer support) since the last 10 years. These people are very professional and know what they are doing. They plan to stay in the market and are very reliable.

But....

You need to pay them for what they do. I haven't checked what they offer for free but I highly recommend investing with them for a domain name and memory space.

my people specially in UK prefer to have seperate family social networks , i hope trend will expand to other countries soon too

In free basically google ads are problem.

Although its not too expensive. 29.95/year(essential plan). nearly Rs.2500/year not a big deal if they are giving good services.

Maverick have you consider google apps? Its pretty good. You get email, a site editor and also a google docs. You can also use your own domain name with google apps.

Maverick have you consider google apps? Its pretty good. You get email, a site editor and also a google docs. You can also use your own domain name with google apps.
[/quote]

No man, this is some kind of official stuff, I dont need any mailing app, document management system.

Actually I needed thing like facebook, but with security,invitation & family oriented .Some funky look website.

Although myfamily.com is not upto mark in few features.But it is cool & complete my all requirements also it is AJAX based.

Simple way is to make your own social network

You can use

Boonex Dolphin script or

Phpmotion(blogs,videos,photos,audio) sharing script

[/quote]

Yeah you can easily make your own but it’s hard to promote it :(

Yeah you can easily make your own but it’s hard to promote it :(

[/quote]

Why do you want to promote it if its only for your family?

[/quote]

Nice site, i just started to use. Hopefully it would be good for me also. Thanks for sharing