F-16 Ducted Fan Jet

My newest project...

WP1.jpg

And yes, it actually flies though I haven't flown it yet. :)

Some videos:

http://vimeo.com/4124872

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn9hjMeaFkc&feature=player_embedded

More pics in posts 29, 30 and 32.

wow looks good.

go to f9 park make it fly and show us the video of u flying it.....

awesome.

^ Why F-9 park?

looks really beautiful!

more details please

^ What kind of details are you interested in?

Such as fan unit, motor & what type of radio is in that hood.

If possible, cost too.

why the paranoia mod! :P

just fly it!

i say fly it above presidentes house and make him wet himself!

^ lol .. wish I had the one with drone capabilities ^_^

Nice one! Bro. pls mention the cost.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

go to f9 park make it fly and show us the video of u flying it…

awesome.

[/quote]

Further in reply to this same post, there are a lot of issues with flying at F-9 park where IAC (Islamabad Aeromodelling Club) members fly. That club is led by an egotistical vindictive old man acting as the President (kinda like our very own "Zar"dari) who wants only “Yes Men” stooges at his club. I have had a falling out with that club and am instead a member of another far better and friendlier club called MAC (Model Airplane Club). Hence, I don’t fly at F-9 park any more. It all comes down to the type of company one keeps.

If you want to read more about the issues relating to IAC at F-9 park, read at the link below:

http://rcpak.com/index.php/discussionforum?func=view&catid=27&id=1172

It’s a long read but if you have any stake in the progress of this hobby in Pakistan at all, you will learn a lot about the level of politics that happens behind the scenes and how an old man spoiled the hobby for the masses.

Such as fan unit, motor & what type of radio is in that hood.

If possible, cost too.

[/quote]

It is a 64mm ducted fan unit using a 3900kV brushless motor with a 30A ESC having a built-in BEC. It is powered with a single 1350mAh 25C lithium polymer battery. The radio I plan to use for now is a Hitec Eclipse 7 with Neutron 6 receiver.

The kit with motor, ESC and 4 servos costs around US$100 with about US$45-55 in shipping plus customs. Batteries cost $20-50 apiece depending on the brand and quality. The receiver costs about US$55 locally.

Wow Asad... You made that?

Also, the video looks like it has the same jet like the one you made.

And where is the picture of the remote?

why the paranoia mod! :P

just fly it!

i say fly it above presidentes house and make him wet himself!

[/quote]

What paranoia?

I will fly it eventually when I get the time and will to do it. I have other airplanes I would prefer to get better acquainted with before actually flying this one. It is a tad bit too fast.

The President wets himself hearing SC verdicts. He doesn’t needs this plane to do it for him. :D

Wow Asad… You made that?

Also, the video looks like it has the same jet like the one you made.

And where is the picture of the remote?

[/quote]

The word is “assembled”. The kit came in parts. I assembled some parts and strengthened many of the joints while at it. The fan unit also needed balancing.

The video is of the same jet… just someone else flying his own plane.

I didn’t include the image of the transmitter. Maybe later but if you want to see a pic, google Hitec Eclipse 7. e.g.

Hitec%20Eclipse%207%20QPCM.jpg

HITEC%20Eclipse%207.jpg

^Cool. Thanks for the pics.

The President wets himself hearing SC verdicts. He doesn’t needs this plane to do it for him. :D

[/quote]

^nice reply. :D

Please mention its weight and the required know how for a noob to fly these toys.

^nice reply. :D

Please mention its weight and the required know how for a noob to fly these toys.

[/quote]

Agreed. That was a darn good reply!

wow fantastic ! i want this thing : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4HXlGtNwws to scare the $#^& out of my neighbours lol

cool job.. You're a real engineer :D