Extra Tax on Telecom products

according to PTA's website and a msg from zong when u check the balance is that another tax is imposed on all telecom products e.g calls, sms etc. so now the tax is exceeded from 15% to 21%

copy past from PTA

FED on telecommunication services will enhance from 15% to 21% w.e.f. July 1, 2008. Withholding Tax (WHT) will continue to be charged @ 10% in addition to FED. Total Compounded Tax on telecommunication services will be 33.1%.

and the msg from Zong

Govt has revised tax rates. from now on tax deducyion will be 21% instead of 15%.

it means we will have 79Rs after loading a 100 rs card. #$%# on the face of this and previos govt.

I think that's the only way left for the gov. to stop misusage of mobiles and to earn more money!

yes you will have to pay Rs. 31 out of Rs. 100 Card as taxes ...

10 Rs. CED

21 Rs. GST

http://www.propakistani.com/2008/06/26/celluar-users-pay-rs-31-out-of-rs-100-card-as-taxes/

but it make more expensive calls for people who can't afford.

while people like us can bear these charges are few.

so it is hurdle for communication for poor people.

Mr 10% wants tax on everything..crappy government

How do you expect them to run the Government then? As for taxes on cellular services, it's time they do that, its in everyone's hands these days, rich or poor.

^ Why not start taxing breathing as well? After all, everyone has a nose and breaths air... :/

Why wont they effectively tax businesses, i think all of them have ways to evade their taxes. All the burden is bought on the ghareeb awaam.

yep there is another tax imposed on the telephone bill

With effect from 1st July 2008, 10% withholding tax (WHT) shall be charged on monthly telephone bills exceeding Rs. 1000.

so now a user cant use DSL with ease it means i have to pay extra 300-350 Rs for nothing coz my bill usaully comes above 3000 including DSL charges. :(

how about uniting ourselves and burn these !@#$%^&* this is the only way.......... in my opinion.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ Why not start taxing breathing as well? After all, everyone has a nose and breaths air… :confused:
[/quote]

Oh that would be foolish of them :P. But seriously, tell me how a country is supposed to run without taxes? We certainly are not oil rich. You have enough people in the country not pay taxes when they actually can afford to do so (I’m not talking about the bloody politicians, they don’t anyway and they don’t do anygood, I’m talking about the usual businessmen running shops who get enough profit but will die without ever registering for NTN). When they don’t pay, the tax guys have to come up with a way to pull out those taxes from people’s pockets.

I’m talking about the usual businessmen running shops who get enough profit but will die without ever registering for NTN). When they don’t pay, the tax guys have to come up with a way to pull out those taxes from people’s pockets.
[/quote]

Well it would be better if those tax guys got those tax evading businesses to start paying rather than continuing to squeeze the already paying segment further…but at the end of the day it will be the same, when those businessmen start paying taxing they will increase the cost of their already overpriced merchandise, and the consumer will have to suffer :expressionless:

^^ The solution is to find those who don't pay tax and force them to pay the tax. The idea is to increase the number of people who pay taxes, not increase the taxes themselves.

^^ The solution is to find those who don’t pay tax and force them to pay the tax. The idea is to increase the number of people who pay taxes, not increase the taxes themselves.
[/quote]

Ohhh, you mean tax people should work!!!

i hav heard we can get back all withholding taxes. how far that is true ?

i love paying taxes caz TAXES are supposed to support all the state-running-expenses. what i hate is when i see that TAX-money used by mother-f***ing ARMY Generals driving by me in COSTLY Sedans (purely PETROL ONLY) on the road.

What i hate is when that money being wasted on nice roads in army areas and wasted on HUGE buildings for army only personnel (these mother-f***ers have done nothing for us since '65, other than losing half of pakistan in '71, and then losing back Kargil in late 90s)

what i hate is when i see OUR TAX-Money being looted by corrupt politicians, who drive by me in Pajeros

what i hate is when i see OUR TAX-money NOT being used for the welfare of the common Pakistani.

what i hate is when i see OUR TAX-money being spent on a corrupt police force which cant do anything other than just blocking roads for the safety of the ELITE.

this makes me burn, caz is this the reason we are f***ing paying nearly one 3rd of our hard earned money on all basic necessity products?

yo abbas jin! i agree!

yo abbas jin! i agree!
[/quote]

x2

too true abass JIN

u know whole Pakistan is chor no check and balance.my brother load 100 rupees card for telenor its has 14 rupees in his credit after loading it was showing 102 rupees after application of taxes on 30 of June. On first of july they applied the tax of 21% and deducted 6 rupees and showing 96 rupees my question is that the new taxation policy is being affected from 1 of July so why they did this.

Another misleading for people is the increase of price of CNG first annouced increase of 13 rupees then 5 rupees .

i hav heard we can get back all withholding taxes. how far that is true ?
[/quote]

Not all withholding tax is refundable or adjustable against tax due. As far as telecome only income tax can be adjustable against your annual tax liablity.