Experience with ebay or Amazon regarding Shipment?

Why am I asking specifically regarding the shipment is because I want my package to be delivered to my home or any where I address them to ship, BUT directly to Pakistan..

I don't want to involve my relatives or friends out there to receive the delivery and manage to re-deliver that package to me. So please do not suggest about this way..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Don't read a lot if you don't want. It's just the fact why I am asking about ebay or Amazon

I actually have tried a lot for my Laptop battery to purchase a new one. In Lahore they are just having some crap imported from china. I don't know why but neither of the batteries got compatible with my Laptop, that is the second thing but the first thing was that there were a very rare stock of the battery I required. "Trade Links" and some other traders were as well failed to get a good battery. And it's been about a year now that I am using my laptop in just like a desktop replacement. "Galaxy" had also excused to to get that thing for me.

So today I thought to try once again after a couple of months to visit Hafeez Center. But unfortunately there was still no battery in the there. However "Trade Links" and another trader, on my request, once again accepted to check with the new batch. But I am pretty sure they are not gonna get it for me as they have spared already a bunch of batteries for that. And even if they do try then again I doubt that they will get a good thing as they just trade from China and I know that will not be compatible with the laptop I got directly from Dell UK.

[/quote]

I am actually willing to buy a Battery for my Laptop. And I have seen the battery, I need, in well stock on ebay and on Amazon.

It will be my first experience buying a tangible product online. So I would really need suggestions of you guys. Please tell me any thing I need to know as I am willing it to be delivered to Pakistan..

Any thing??... are there any shipment restrictions on the subjected service providers..??

It may depend on the sellers personal willingness...?

but any thing... like extra charges or duties etc..?

or like flaws and drawbacks I could face.. ??

Try this service

http://www.ebayinpakistan.com/

^ Thanks for your comment.. I'll check that...

Edit:

It's not the thing of my desire. I'll not use it.. thanks any way..

I'll want to have the direct interaction with them without any third party involved in..

Hi KA, I need to contact you about some information, could you please give your either IMs or email address? Thanks.

I really meant to buy a Battery that's why I posted here (thinking of getting a suggestion).

And what I got at ebay are just some batteries having not an option to be delivered to Pakistan or if they have, then they don't get an option to pay via Credit Card...

Only one item I got which was having both options to pay with a Credit Card and to be shipped to Pakistan. But... that was not a new piece (it was refurbished)

Huh! Only PayPal... what the heck.. And you know what I finally created an account last night at PayPal providing with the address detail of my Uncle at US and a fake mobile number but then I just thought not to continue with that and just Closed the account right away :/

Is there any help regarding the situation?

or I got only one option to use some one's PayPal.. I think

Yaar I think what zeshan has suggest is worth trying ..... its just that may be you can't buy directly. But you can give them exact link of ur product, tell them ur preferences about the product. and they will buy it on ur behalf. I mean u already have spent money on Chinese batteries right?

If u live KHI/LHR than you can personally visit them (according to them).

Just got the Package within 7 days.. Didn't pay any thing on receiving but just a Rs. 15 as a tip to our regular postman.

I have bought few items from Ebay.

1 Car service manual

1 macbook LCD

1 Macbook Battery..

I was quoted 40k for the lcd by the pak mac and other apple shops. I ordered it online from ebay and got it for 5400( shipping inclusive) . battery was for 12500 here and I got it for 4k including shipping. i got it off china too. Both transactions were very smooth. It took me around 3 weeks to get the item delivered. No tax , no nothing. For the first item, I paid him through Friend paypal. Second time uncle Paypal. Third time friend in china deposited the cash in seller account and I sent online via credit card. the seller is in my MSN list. She is too co operative. my battery is not an OEM apple battery but works easily for 3 hours and upto 4 + hours. THis is a very decent battery time and same was for my previous battery. Apart from the company logo which is even inside the battery and finishing ( Laptop is old and battery is new so obvious different ) , i am too satisfied . if you want it I can send you her email. You can check her ebay store if its available with her. You can TT, WU or Paypal or wire transfer the amount. Check what are the extra charges. Other option is that I know some one who will pay on your behalf via Paypal but will charge 10% on top of the total amount payable. Check all the possible options !

^ Thanks punk; I have my own payment sources so thanks for your offer any way.

but would you mind listing any charges if you paid extra to receive those items in Pakistan? e.g. the custom fees or taxes etc... as it's all about the fees people usually wonder to pay in favor to Taxation in Pakistan.

As I also just paid the actual cost to the seller and that was all, I didn't pay any thing here to receive that item. may be it's just a battery so that's why..

Also I would like to have her ebay store url as I would want to see her items at ebay.. you can send me the URL of her ebay store at following email address

468d700879f9b8ba7b7f85e.png
[/quote]

My experience is that if you use a courier service like FedEx, DHL or just about any other than the goods arrive. Customs sometimes holds them up, and if ordering a electronic item than customs charges whatever the duties are for that item. Even if it's clearly for personal use, and they wouldn't have charged duties for the same item coming through with a person.

Regular post is dicey. Don't trust it. Simple things like books have taken months, or never arrived.

@KA few questions

1. Did u use US post or a courier service ?

2. How much shipping charges did u pay ?

3. Was the item in original packing or was it opened by local customs for inspection ?

My experience is that if you use a courier service like FedEx, DHL or just about any other than the goods arrive. Customs sometimes holds them up, and if ordering a electronic item than customs charges whatever the duties are for that item. Even if it’s clearly for personal use, and they wouldn’t have charged duties for the same item coming through with a person.

Regular post is dicey. Don’t trust it. Simple things like books have taken months, or never arrived.

[/quote]

This is how I think it be. But not sure though(as I also did have a conversation with the customs via email they really don’t bother them selves to respond clarifying queries by the public. I just wrote each and every thing to get clarified but the response was just as “following taxes will be applicable on laptops” )

Any ways. I was talking about how do I think it would be…

If the sellers at ebay would dispatch the products without invoices, showing that the product is just a parcel from one person to another, the customs won’t charge any thing. This is just a clue after reading the story at http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=163270#p163270.

I, however, never bought these products online(from abroad) so I am not every familiar with it but I do have a bit of knowledge about these sales/purchases if you purchase a product online from the companies like Apple, Dell, HP, etc… they would surely attach the invoices of the product they are gonna dispatch out from the country. Which is actually what I think causes you to pay the local taxes on arrival.

And when they sell/dispatch the products to countries(they don’t have legal license to business in those countries) then the companies do not charge the VAT or any other Taxes(what they normally charge when selling to their legal markets). So in that case we (in Pakistan) actually do not pay any taxes to that product while purchasing at their online store. You, if noticed some times, would see the prices (exclusive of taxes) after selecting the shipping address. This fact really makes sense to me that those companies are actually aware that the customer is gonna pay the local taxes on receiving. Because these companies don’t have any national taxation account in the shipping country (Pakistan in our case).

Anyways this is just what I made a clue…

KA few questions

1. Did u use US post or a courier service ?

2. How much shipping charges did u pay ?

3. Was the item in original packing or was it opened by local customs for inspection ?

[/quote]

1- It was shipped from UK (not US). Via Royal Mail, which is the Govt’s official post in UK and affiliated with the Pakistan Post when delivering to Pakistan

2- I don’t remember now about the shipping charges but they surely were more than the ones shipping to their local country. May be around £8 along with the actual price when ordered.

3- I can’t make a guess about that if they unpacked or not. but logically, I think, they should have done it for security reasons if not for the taxes applications. However there was no local stamps/stickers on it.

I needed some help with getting batteries shipped using a credit card payment option. But I can't seem to find any help on Amazon or eBay. Can anyone help me?

^ You have to search the stores thoroughly you could find one with the CC option if you are lucky. But most of the sellers choose Paypal only to accept payments being most convenient for them.

When I was searching, I did find some batteries on eBay with CC option but unfortunately none of them were having an option to ship to Pakistan.