Expenditure for Self-Defined Domain Name

Can anyone inform me about how much expenditure is required in obtaining a self-defined domain name and a website? I currently manage a blog that is www.syedahmaryamiqbal.blogspot.com but I wish to have my own website for my literary writings.

That really depends on a few things, how much space would you require? How much bandwidth do you believe your website will take up? If you dont know, tell me an estimated amount of visits you get on your blog on a daily basis.

A domain name costs around Rs. 900-1000. For the hosting i'll need to know the above specifications.

hi Maryam i think domain costs about $10 per year and some hosts are providing good hosting packages , recently i found very good one here at wp few days back , what are your requirements like how much space and BW you think your blog will require per month ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Can anyone inform me about how much expenditure is required in obtaining a self-defined domain name and a website? I currently manage a blog that is www.syedahmaryamiqbal.blogspot.com but I wish to have my own website for my literary writings.
[/quote]

Rs. 600-700 per year . Rs. 600 if you buy from a foreign registrar and use a discount coupon code (look for one here: http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/ ). Rs. 700 if you buy locally from creativeon.com . Both prices are for .com domain names. If you want a .info then its cheaper for the first year of registration . Around Rs. 100. I recommend that you buy a .com .