Evo Nitro, epic fail

Sick and tired of my constant DSL disconnections, I went out and bought Evo Nitro today (paid the 9000/three month charges). So far I have had it for about a day. Signal strength on my ground floor is 3 bars (40%) and when I go upstairs, 4 bars (60%). My region is Lahore, close to Shaukat Khanum hospital. The maximum speedtest I have been able to get out of this is around 1 mb. I can't even speedtest it properly, most of the time the test fails while checking latency (latency test error), sometimes when starting the download and other times at the upload speed.

What I don't understand is how is this thing supposed to be even close to 9 mb? I know that speed never happens but I figured I should at least be able to get around 3-4 mb, this is beyond ridiculous. I have tried Linkdotnet, PTCL (on different lines), witribe, and finally this crappy device and I'm now at my wits' end. I think the only option left now is to sell my house and move to some PTCL exchange's backyard.

PS. How long does PTCL actually take to refund the charges?

After about ten tries, I have managed to complete a speedtest:

1884560432.png

3000 rupees a month for this blistering fast connection. <_<

rizla sorry for your loss.. log a complaint on PTA website.

Why don't you switch back to Dial up internet!

[quote=“rizla, post:, topic:”]

Sick and tired of my constant DSL disconnections, I went out and bought Evo Nitro today (paid the 9000/three month charges). So far I have had it for about a day. Signal strength on my ground floor is 3 bars (40%) and when I go upstairs, 4 bars (60%). My region is Lahore, close to Shaukat Khanum hospital. The maximum speedtest I have been able to get out of this is around 1 mb. I can’t even speedtest it properly, most of the time the test fails while checking latency (latency test error), sometimes when starting the download and other times at the upload speed.

What I don’t understand is how is this thing supposed to be even close to 9 mb? I know that speed never happens but I figured I should at least be able to get around 3-4 mb, this is beyond ridiculous. I have tried Linkdotnet, PTCL (on different lines), witribe, and finally this crappy device and I’m now at my wits’ end. I think the only option left now is to sell my house and move to some PTCL exchange’s backyard.

PS. How long does PTCL actually take to refund the charges?

[/quote]

Within four days you can return it and within a month ptcl pay refund in the shape of cheque.Ialso returned after one day. It is totally flop service. The mission of ptcl is looting money.No standard service. Every thing is launching without new standard technology.

you cant return the Evdo Nitro device for refund. Its only possible for the old Rev.a evdo.

Try IDM to check what maximum u get on downloads

Speedtest.net sux big time to show the actual speeds