Eurener VS Canadian VS Yangli solar

AOA,

This is a great forum to learn about solar stuff and belive me i have gone through almost every post regarding solar on this forum and learned alot from the seniors like farhan, tufail, nadeem, aurengzeb and many others. Before reviewing this forum i dint even know that there are different types of charge controllers and the type matters alot and many other stuff.

The thing i am confused about is that for now i am low on budget and i am planning for a solar setup, in rawalpindi/islamabad i have found some firm like ATS etc are selling Eurener brand solar panel of 150 watts for 70 per watt. the canadian solar and yangli are not avalible in small patch like 150. Yangli is avalible minimum of 250 watt panel (with ATS 80 per watt) and canadian of 200 watt panel (with nizam, 85 per watt). I want to install 300 watts panel and this eurener brand sounds good to me in terms of price and size because then i would buy 150 x 2 panels but in case of other brands i would be either have lower or higher watts then my requirement (and i am also on tight budget). So my question is should i go for this eurener brand or i must go for canadian or yangli.

good if you are thinking solar but consider long term investment. if you install 300watts system, you will not get more than 160-170watts at peak and around 1.5kWh daily if you utilize around max.

having a good reliable setup needs professional consideration of solar,load,battery,inverter together otherwise you will be saying" eh tay fazool kharcha ee kita main" after a while.

Shanghai solar is around 90rs/Watt.. best bang for the buck/performance . if you are on extra tight buget go for high grade poly panels instead..

Thanks for your comments, any shop for solar panel in islamabad/rawalpindi except for nizam ...coz they only have canadian solar panels

Using Eurener panels in an off-grid setup and they seem to be working ok.

Beware of fake Canadian Solar panels being assembled locally. Real ones should have an integrated BAR code which should be traceable from company alongside availability of test report data against the same BAR code.

thanks for all the comments. for now i have purchased 2 150 watt eurener panesl with ep solar 20 amp pwm charge controller ....i dint went for mppt because the guy told me that i need to purchase a 30 amp mppt charge controller and ep solar mppt would cost me around 19000 ....so my budget for now dint allowed me .....i asked him if i could buy 20 amp mppt the guy told me that my panel are 300 watt and my battery is 12 volt that means i need a minimum of 25 amps mppt controller and if i purchase a controller of lesser amps then it would get fried ....because as opposed to pwm....mppt cannot truncate the extra amps ...either i have to add one more battery of i will have to go for pwm ....well i purchased the pwm 20 amp ....for 3900 .. altought he told me this 20 amp pwm would only give me 192 watt max....so that means i will be wasting 100 watts ......how would u ppl comment on this ....i will post pics of my system soon ....thanks once again for ur valuable support and i would have purchased the third class solar pannels avalible in market ...if this forum had not existed ....

[quote=“Tanveer_Ahmad, post:6, topic:22662”]

thanks for all the comments. for now i have purchased 2 150 watt eurener panesl with ep solar 20 amp pwm charge controller …i dint went for mppt because the guy told me that i need to purchase a 30 amp mppt charge controller and ep solar mppt would cost me around 19000 …so my budget for now dint allowed me …i asked him if i could buy 20 amp mppt the guy told me that my panel are 300 watt and my battery is 12 volt that means i need a minimum of 25 amps mppt controller and if i purchase a controller of lesser amps then it would get fried …because as opposed to pwm…mppt cannot truncate the extra amps …either i have to add one more battery of i will have to go for pwm …well i purchased the pwm 20 amp …for 3900 … altought he told me this 20 amp pwm would only give me 192 watt max…so that means i will be wasting 100 watts …how would u ppl comment on this …i will post pics of my system soon …thanks once again for ur valuable support and i would have purchased the third class solar pannels avalible in market …if this forum had not existed …

[/quote]

Hows the performance of your newly installed solar system ?

How much it cost you the whole system with installation ?

[quote=“Tanveer_Ahmad, post:6, topic:22662”]

thanks for all the comments. for now i have purchased 2 150 watt eurener panesl with ep solar 20 amp pwm charge controller …i dint went for mppt because the guy told me that i need to purchase a 30 amp mppt charge controller and ep solar mppt would cost me around 19000 …so my budget for now dint allowed me …i asked him if i could buy 20 amp mppt the guy told me that my panel are 300 watt and my battery is 12 volt that means i need a minimum of 25 amps mppt controller and if i purchase a controller of lesser amps then it would get fried …because as opposed to pwm…mppt cannot truncate the extra amps …either i have to add one more battery of i will have to go for pwm …well i purchased the pwm 20 amp …for 3900 … altought he told me this 20 amp pwm would only give me 192 watt max…so that means i will be wasting 100 watts …how would u ppl comment on this …i will post pics of my system soon …thanks once again for ur valuable support and i would have purchased the third class solar pannels avalible in market …if this forum had not existed …

[/quote]

this is one of those great bheeje ka dahi bhalla stories told by shopkeeper, which always succeed to amuse. :)

mppt or pwm dont have anything to do with frying batteries… they are DESIGNED to charge and keep batteries healthy. that is what they are MADE for. no matter which you use, they will work fine, with any setup of 1 2 or 4 batteries.

just enjoy whatever setup you have… your energy will not be wasted as long as you have a ups with battery connected to your solar setup. it will always be used to the full when you need it depsite it being pwm or mppt. however, to ensure you get ax power and benefits of a solar setup, upgrade your system in future to a proper 24V setup with 2 battery and ups, then you will reap a lot more benefis of solar energy than just a single battery setup.

PS : 12x20=240Watts, not 192W. and your panels will never give you 300w power, they will at max give you around 200-21-20W in peak hours, so you are still good to go with your current setup.

Asslam-0-Alaikum Brother.

from where you purchased eurener solar pannels.
please share its contact information.
thanks

Ats enginering islamabad 0514441920 0514440973