Etihad Airways: Difference in subclasses of economy class?

Seems Etihad airways has 6 subclasses in its economy class Q M K H B Y (lowest price to highest) Yet their website does not mention anywhere the difference between them?

The price of the Y subclass (their highest) is almost double then Q (which is their lowest). But all of them are economy. I have never taken an international flight and am clueless as of what could possibly be the difference?? Can someone with any info regarding this tell me if the seats keep getting bigger or what?? :/

executionist your heading is somewhat like late editon tabloid newspaper sold at traffic stops. I clicked this thread under the impression we'll have long debate on paskistani social class system.. lol

Are you journalist?

^ :) I thought that it was going to be a discussion about Pak Railway Economy class :D.

Well I haven't been to any International Flight either, but I think the differences will be because of In-flight meals, movies, and maybe baggage weight differences.

aaah, lol. its so difficult to chose a subject which neatly describes the topic the thread will contain. :) easily misinterpreted i guess.

but still, not as vaugue as some other topics imho

^ Definitely man. But seems like our beloved mod sah or Asad has fixed the title (Or was it like that before and I just messed my memory?)

^ I changed it, since I also thought it was a discussion on the different income classes in Pakistan! :)

@executionist: I don't know the exact differences between the sub-classes of Etihad Airways specifically, but the different factors which would change depending on your 'sub-class' within economy class would be:

- Excess baggage allowance.

- More air miles

- Access to their lounge on airports

- Priority when checking in and/or boarding

- Choosing seat (window/aisle) in advance

...and so on. Its basically a ploy to rake more money out of passengers by giving them more 'options'. You'll be able to find exactly what is offered in each class from the website or travel agent you are booking your ticket from. Generally, you should be able to make do with the lower or lowest priced classes, but if you have special requirements (like excess baggage) or like to travel in style and 'luxury' (like lounge access) then you can go for the higher priced classes! Assuming you have the extra money to throw around. ;)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Seems Etihad airways has 6 subclasses in its economy class Q M K H B Y (lowest price to highest)
[/quote]

This pricing structure is not just limited to Etihad airways. I am not quite sure as to the logic of this, but airlines do have different fares in the economy section for long haul flights.

well i travel with Etihad airways and that was my first and last with them.

reason flights from dublin to abu dubai (food wasnt halal as i was expecting its Muslim country airline this halal food is understood like in Emirates, Qatar Airways, PIA,) was ok but flight from abu dubai to Lahore was like i m sitting in new khan bus.

now to answer to original post its nothing but more money from passengers pocket,

total baggage is either 20 kg or 30 kg, (travelling from europ) no difference in any class apart from business class,

and about "Priority when checking in and/or boarding" almost every eu flight offer same thing but i dont see any difference trust me flight is not going to take off without checked in passenger.

and about choosing seats yes that might be an option between class.

@sah

their website says nothing about them except for the so called Q fare.

REFUNDS/CANCELLATIONS:

Before Departure:

For Q fares - Non refundable.

After Departure:

For Q fares - Non Refundable.

Q kind of sucks, but no more info about any of the other ones.

You are right i guess. the right person to ask is the travel agent then. Anyways thanks everyone for their replies. At least i now have some idea as what the difference could possibly be.

@executionist

bro many of us including sah clicked your thread thinking that its going to be social class in pakistan related, so why don't you start a new where we'll talk on social class topic, since you already got your answer related to airline

Hi,

There are actully price structure classes but all are econmy class tickets. As seats are sold out higher classes will be left with only options. Definitly each class will have different rule for bagagge & refundable. Normaly online tickets are Q type which are not refundable or transferable. Higher the price more flexibility(open ticket, longer stay, refundable) other wise all is same in plane. If any window seat is free it will be alotted to any one who come first, they will not wait for Y class to come & get window seat. Just personal thoughts without any reference.

Regards

Majo

dublin to abu dubai (food wasnt halal
[/quote]

Unbelievableā€¦ Comparatively State of Abu-Dhabi is more Islamic than the State of Dubai and same should go with their airlines. But if it is so then I am back to emirates airline.

abu dubai to Lahore was like i m sitting in new khan bus
[/quote]

Dubai-Lahore sector of Shaheen, Airoasia, Emirates, PIA is also like NewKhan because of unique-travelers boarding from Dubai ;)

executionist your heading
[/quote]

I missed the unedited version :(:lol:

what could possibly be the difference??
[/quote]

Prime purpose ofcourse is to make more and more money but there also exists some logic or reason for this at airlineā€™s end. Like emirates fixed one class for its Skyward members who are redeeming miles into a free ticket. It has nothing to do with seat allocation or meal. Every subclass has limited number of seats available in a flight. When I tried to redeem my points into free ticket there was no seat available for me in coming two months although the flights were open.

Generally it is flexibility of terms & conditions in a ticket. More you pay more flexible it will be. For example, if you buy ticket in Y class then you can make at least one free change in booking, validity of ticket is six months and is refundable.

^

The "Etihad Airways:" part was added by sah. My heading was just plain "Difference in subclasses of economy class?"

^

I must say.. it was more thought provoking before edit ;)

still i find it difficult to be interpreted as our social class system. There is lower, middle and upper class. Dont think there is an economy class in between them

middle class is also referred as economy class and has three more sub-classes i.e, upper-middle, middle-middle & lower-middle class. anyways enough of the classes lets get back to NewKhan experiences.

Once I was coming from Dubai on PIA. One passenger was arguing with cabin crew. He was going to Islamabad while plane was going to Lahore (funny). Actually he was the only passenger for Islamabad so the cabin crew wanted to convince him to travel by bus from Lahore to Islamabad on airline's expense (miserable). He was asking why the hell he was given boarding pass for Islambad if the plane isn't going there (blunder).

I have lot more New Khan experiences ;)

I got an email from them today,

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in Etihad airways.

With regards to your below query, we would like to inform you that the different prices shown are for the different seats available on that flight. Please note that the cabin and service will be the same, however from a marketing point of view there are different fares quoted .Once the lowest fares are sold out, the seats on the higher fares are open for sale.

Best Regards

Well the right answer to the difference in fares in the same compartment is what Airlines call Revenue Management. The service and everything else is the same. A one month advance purchase is sold at a lower price where as a day before departure may cost you 4 times more. A ticket from New York to Houston purchased one month in advance is as low as 300 dollars where as buying a ticket at the airport just before departure in the same compartment is 1200 dollars. Also the higher fare ticket is generally refundable and there are no charges to change flight dates. So there are some differences here and there but no difference in service in the Flight. I hope that explains the difference in fares in the same compartment. Lala

Seems Etihad airways has 6 subclasses in its economy class Q M K H B Y (lowest price to highest) Yet their website does not mention anywhere the difference between them?

The price of the Y subclass (their highest) is almost double then Q (which is their lowest). But all of them are economy. I have never taken an international flight and am clueless as of what could possibly be the difference?? Can someone with any info regarding this tell me if the seats keep getting bigger or what?? :confused:

[/quote]

My friend is in PIA , he told me about this , this is done by the airlines and it is also done by PIA , they have divided classes in PIA for more revenue . the best tip is to take reservation in the lowest class of economy and when u go for borading class , go first and u will get seat in the front. My PIA friend told me this . By using this trick , i always save 8000 to 10000 ruppee on my return trip to Saudi Arabia. Lats year i went to Saudi Arabia by Etihad , on Y class the fare was 44000 and on Q class the fare was 31500 only.

On a side note, has anyone seen the ads of Singapore Airlines A380 flights. They have Private cabbins and a small Entertainment hall type place as well in it.