Entertainment News - Regular Updates

Will try to keep this thread updated with current news from Entertainment Sector. :)

'Dhoom' great franchise to be part of, says 'villain' Aamir..

Aamir Khan is excited to play villain in 'Dhoom 3'. The superstar Wednesday said 'Dhoom' was a great franchise to work in even though he initially didn't think he would fit in.

'I have recently signed 'Dhoom 3'. I liked the script very much. When I had watched 'Dhoom', I liked it a lot. I enjoyed the music and the whole attitude. It's a very fun film. I really liked it. I never thought I would fit in this kind of film,' Aamir told reporters at a press meet here.

Victor Acharya, who wrote 'Dhoom' and 'Dhoom 2' is the writer-director of 'Dhoom 3'. The earlier installments were directed by Sanjay Gadhvi and starred Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra.

'When I heard the story from Victor, I really enjoyed it. Very well-written script, very enjoyable. It's a great franchise and I am happy to be part of it. I am also looking forward to work with Abhishek and Uday,' Aamir said.

'It's true that for the first time I'm doing a negative role, an anti-hero in the mainstream film. I liked my role and all the characters are very well-written. Actually, in between I did another negative role in an offbeat film '1947 Earth',' said Aamir.

This is the second time Aamir is working with Yash Raj Films after 'Fanaa' in 2006.

'I have worked with Yash Raj and I have a very comfortable relation with them,' he said.

The actor said Victor and producer Aditya Chopra are yet to decide the actress opposite him.

While 'Dhoom' starred John Abraham as villain, 'Dhoom 2' saw Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai sizzle too.

Victor Acharya's debut 'Tashan' (2008) fared badly at the box office but that didn't deter Aamir from signing his film.

'I think he is a very talented director. One shouldn't decide a director's capacity with the fate of any one of his films. I have full faith in him,' Aamir said.

And the Award goes to ..... The Grammy Awards 2011

Country trio Lady Antebellum and pop star Lady Gaga were among the winners at the most prestigious ceremony in the music calendar, the Grammy Awards.

Lady Antebellum won five prizes, including song of the year and record of the year for their hit Need You Now.

Lady Gaga, who was carried down the Los Angeles event's red carpet in a giant egg, won three awards including best pop vocal album for The Fame Monster.

Rapper Jay-Z and soul star John Legend also picked up three awards apiece.

Jay-Z's haul included two trophies for Empire State of Mind, his duet with Alicia Keys, while Legend was rewarded for his collaboration with hip-hop group The Roots.

Eminem led the field going into the ceremony, with 10 nominations. But the star picked up just two awards - best rap album for Recovery and best rap solo performance for Not Afraid.

He had been tipped to win best album, but that award went to impassioned Canadian rockers Arcade Fire for their third studio album The Suburbs.

Another shock came in the best new artist category, where singer and bassist Esperanza Spalding beat pop heart-throb Justin Bieber and hip-hop newcomer Drake to become the first jazz artist to win that award.

Stadium rock band Muse picked up best rock album for The Resistance. The trio, who performed at the ceremony, saw off competition from veterans Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Tom Petty and Jeff Beck.

In other categories, Rihanna's Only Girl in the World was named best dance recording and US rock duo The Black Keys picked up best alternative album for their sixth release, Brothers, beating Vampire Weekend and Arcade Fire.

The ceremony at the Staples Center featured a string of flamboyant, star-studded performances and collaborations.

-> Go to http://www.grammy.com/ for winners in all 108 categories.

Indian director Guru Dutt's fifties' classic musical-drama "Pyaasa" has been listed fifth among Time magazine's Valentine's Day list of top Romantic Movies.

For the Feb 14 day celebrating love and affection between intimate companions, "Time.com has a list - from the songs you need to ease the pain to the movies that will sweep you up in a romance nearly as epic as your own"

In picking up "Pyaasa", the Time asked: "Where did classic Hollywood go when it died?"

And itself answered: "To India, where the nation's pop cinema (Bollywood to you) still attends to antique conventions of family fealty, personal integrity and, of course, all-conquering love."

"In this achingly lush tale of a poet whose one true friend is a prostitute, director-star Guru Dutt creates a musical drama as shimmering and ethereal as the poet's verses, as sultry and earthy as Waheeda Rehman, the 20-year-old actress who became Guru Dutt's mistress and muse," Time said.

"'Pyaasa' means 'thirst'; if this film is your introduction to the glamour and heartbreak of Indian film, it'll leave you parched for more," it said.

Source of News: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com

We have a whole forum category dedicated to entertainment, why saturate it all in one thread?

Priyanka's cousin makes debut with YRF

Priyanka Chopra is very happy that her cousin Pariniti Chopra is making her debut as an actress with Yash Raj Films.

"Pariniti is my sister. She has signed a film with YRF. I am very happy that YRF singned her," Priyanka told reporters at a promotional event of her film 7 Khoon Maaf held at JW Marriot hotel on Monday.

Pariniti has been signed for the film Ladies V/S Ricky Bahl where actor Ranveer Singh and actress Anushka Sharma are yet again sharing the screen space after their recent hit Band Baaja Baaraat under the same banner.

parineeti630.jpg

Based on the story developed by producer Aditya Chopra Ladies V/S Ricky Bahl is a romantic comedy where a charming conman Ricky Bahl cons girls for a living, but finally meets his match.

The film is set to go on floor early April with plans to hit theatres worldwide on Dec 9 this year.

"Pariniti works with YRF in their marketing department and she did PR for her film Pyaar Impossible too," revealed Priyanka.

^ she looks more attractive than Priyanka.... she will rock the theaters.... i guess

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ she looks more attractive than Priyanka… she will rock the theaters… i guess
[/quote]

what attracted you? will you describe in detail?

^hmmm, green shirt, black hair, cute smile and black eyes... i believe...

her chin is too straight!

[h]Is Freida Pinto the prettiest face of India?[/h]

15freida.jpg

Freida Pinto was voted the most beautiful face from India recently.

The Slumdog Millionaire actress beat Hollywood stars like Natalie Portman and Julia Roberts in a new 'Most Beautiful Women in Film' list.

Compiled by the Los Angeles Times magazine, the list has Freida at number 38, followed by Oscar-nominated Portman and Hollywood's own Pretty Woman Roberts.

Pinto even pipped Sharon Stone and Elizabeth Taylor who were at 43 and 44 respectively.

French actress Isabelle Adjani, 55, known for her roles in Queen Margot and Possession, topped the list comprising 50 names.

Surprisingly, former Miss World Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and other beauties like Priyanka Chopra , Kareena Kapoor were missing from the list.

Which begs the question: Do you think Freida is the best representative of India?

Some Pics:

16slid1.jpgfreida_pinto.jpg

at first look, she don't seems to be to much pretty, but after hearing about voting... she is prettiest .... :)

Rahat fallout: Madhuri, Malaika under scanner

Mumbai: After Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Bollywood divas Madhuri Dixit and Malaika Arora Khan could be next in the line to face trouble over shady financial dealings.

As per reports, late Tuesday, the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) has found mention of their names in a diary recovered from Chitresh Shrivastava’s office. Chitresh runs an event management company, Eyeline Telefilm and Events.

He was detained along with Pakistani singer Rahat and Maroof (manager of the singer) after foreign exchange worth Rs 60 lakh was recovered from them at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport last Sunday.

Yesterday, raids were conducted at the home and office of Chitresh, who is the brother of Bollywood composer Aadesh Shrivastava, which led to the recovery of Rs 51 lakh in cash, besides documents and other material containing details about his dealings.

One of the diaries recovered mentions a payment of Rs 30 lakh each to Madhuri and Malaika. Popular Punjabi singer Mika Singh - brother of Daler Mehandi- also figures in the diary as one of the recipients.

The DRI has forwarded its findings to the Income Tax department, which will now check whether the A-listers have paid tax on the money received from Chitresh’s company

Rahat, Maroof and Chitresh were released last night after questioning but they can’t leave India and have to appear before the on February 17.

[h]Zero Budget - A Record Breaking - New Concept In Film Making[/h]

Ram Gopal Varma has just finished shooting his five-day film project Dongala Mutha on schedule with just an eight-member crew.

This Telugu film was in the news for its new approach towards filmmaking -- the timeline, small crew and zero budget production cost (as the actors and technicians will be paid from the profits of the film post release). Shooting started at 9am and ended at 6pm.

The film stars Ravi Teja, Charmi, Prakash Raj, Laxmi Manchu, Brahmanandam, Subbaraju, Brahmaji and Supreet.

A scene from Dongala Mutha:

15sli1.jpg

i really like this concept. i think in this way we can end up film very soon, minimum characters, each character will get maximum film space...

^^ very true and the good thing is new faces will come not only on screen but behind the screen as well. The artists will only get the share from the profit, at the moment they take a bag-full regardless the success or failure of the movie. Even cinemas should get from the profit. The budget will be Zero from making to distribution. Real talent will not only survive but will also flourish.

I think this model suits Pakistan even more.

^ In Pakistan this will gonna work as there very less number of producers....

^^ and huge number of talent.

^ :)

thanks for adding this info... i am thinking to launch a play using this concept.... a great story may make this hit...

^ Wow, thats great. Make me a part of the history making ;)

^ i think its going be great start.. :) so please let me know which role you would like to do, director is here...lolz