Ending Processes in Windows XP

What can we write in run to end a certain process...actually i wanted to make a shortcut which could end a process

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

What can we write in run to end a certain process…actually i wanted to make a shortcut which could end a process
[/quote]

make a batch script here’s a batch script to exit mozilla firefox:

taskkill /f /im firefox.exe

instructions:

1.open notepad

2.copy the above line

3.save as

4.kill.bat

and run the script

you can then make a shortcut to that script too!

hmm...10x alot

hmm…10x alot
[/quote]

it took a while for me to figure that it was a thanks :D

btw no problem ;)

made the batch file but it gives error on opening and i cant even edit it, but when i rename it to .txt well den i can edit it

the error reads "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

on editting it says " Access is denied"

:(

there is no virus in my pc

EDIT: i can close apps by using the taskkill command thru run, and by using it in a shortcut, but i want to close multiple processes

EDIT: found a workaround for it we can close multiple tasks using taskkill in one go, but still what has happened to batch files, dey neva gave such errors b4, is it sumthin in sp3

made the batch file but it gives error on opening and i cant even edit it, but when i rename it to .txt well den i can edit it

the error reads "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

on editting it says " Access is denied"

:(

there is no virus in my pc

EDIT: i can close apps by using the taskkill command thru run, and by using it in a shortcut, but i want to close multiple processes

EDIT: found a workaround for it we can close multiple tasks using taskkill in one go, but still what has happened to batch files, dey neva gave such errors b4, is it sumthin in sp3

[/quote]

tell me the process names of all the programs you want to close i will give you the code!

even the code u gave me duznt work, running the code in run or command prompt works well, but the same code won't work in batch file

its some pro at ma end, I've been using batch files bt I donno y hve they started actin lyk dat...nyways the shortcut workaround is working so, its np

even the code u gave me duznt work, running the code in run or command prompt works well, but the same code won’t work in batch file

its some pro at ma end, I’ve been using batch files bt I donno y hve they started actin lyk dat…nyways the shortcut workaround is working so, its np

[/quote]

thats happening because you are saving that file as a text document in the drop down box select all files and you wont face any problems!

dude, its not a problem i noe how to do dat...like if u select txt extension from drop down menu u will have to put it in inverted commas like "taskkill.bat", or else select all files and den use taskkill.bat without inverted commas

other dan that u can change the filename from .txt to .bat, if u have enabled show file extension from folder options

its sumthing wrong wiv ma pc, leave it