Electronic Software-Driven Soft Starters

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The single phase soft starter comes in both a primary and a secondary version. Our soft starters provide a dramatic reduction in start-up current, typically up to 70%, but still provides full start-up torque for compressors and motors. This will eliminate light flicker, reduce start-up noise, and extend the life of the motor or compressor. Single phase soft starters are suitable for 1.75 to 7 horse power (hp) motors in the 220/230V models and are suitable between 0.75 to 1.75 hp for the 115V models. Plus, all single phase models work in both 60Hz and 50Hz applications.

[/quote]

http://www.hypereng.com/

Spec Sheet.

http://www.hypereng.com/literature/SC5600HM-SureStart-Specification-Catalog.pdf

Instead of using Inverter A/C this can be used in UPS and Solar applications.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:, topic:”]

Instead of using Inverter A/C this can be used in UPS and Solar applications.

[/quote]

Do you mean it can be a replacement of inverter in the AC ?

A soft starter and a VFD (Variable frequency drive AKA inverter) are two different things.

[quote=", post:2, topic:21355"]

Do you mean it can be a replacement of inverter in the AC ?

A soft starter and a VFD (Variable frequency drive AKA inverter) are two different things.

[/quote]

I meant, we can use the soft starter with regular A/C on UPS ( large at least 24V or 48V system) instead of installing a new VFD/Inverter based A/C

^ In that perspective, it is definitely a useful thing.

[quote=", post:4, topic:21355"]

^ In that perspective, it is definitely a useful thing.

[/quote]

Are these "soft start devices" available in Pakistan ?

They are even made locally, I am not sure about quality/reliability but those are available at Hall road Lahore.

[quote=", post:6, topic:21355"]

They are even made locally, I am not sure about quality/reliability but those are available at Hall road Lahore.

[/quote]

Did you used any local or imported ? if yes in what application and how was the experience ?

My experience has been very good with iG5A from LG, Korea. Though I never used the local ones, those are cheap but don't have any programmable features.

This is a VFD for single phase motor. Soft start feature is built in, ramp up and ramp down can be defined. The VFD can also be controlled (through a port) from any PLC or PC.

This is one place where I have used it.

[quote=", post:8, topic:21355"]

My experience has been very good with iG5A from LG, Korea.

[/quote]what is Cost of iG5A ?

List price is about $390. Used ones are about $150-$200 on Ebay

It is single phase, 0.5HP, 0.4KW.

[quote=", post:10, topic:21355"]

List price is about $390. Used ones are about $150-$200 on Ebay

It is single phase, 0.5HP, 0.4KW.

[/quote]

it is simlar to hypereng’s soft start.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:11, topic:21355”]

it is simlar to hypereng’s soft start.

[/quote]

Hypereng product is much simpler than this VFD.

Plastic cover utar de bahi *smiles*

[quote=", post:8, topic:21355"]

My experience has been very good with iG5A from LG, Korea. Though I never used the local ones, those are cheap but don't have any programmable features.

This is a VFD for single phase motor. Soft start feature is built in, ramp up and ramp down can be defined. The VFD can also be controlled (through a port) from any PLC or PC.

This is one place where I have used it.

[/quote]

[quote=", post:12, topic:21355"]

Hypereng product is much simpler than this VFD.

[/quote]

Hypereng is an Australian made product, it has to be expensive compared to Korean made. Shipping cost etc

P.S I'm not saying Hypereng is better or something like that.