Electricity cost calculations

hi i need to be able to calculate electricity cost calculation? suppose i use one 40 watts cfl daily for 15 hours and consider 30 days usage my total watts used turns out to be 18000 or 18kw,, so whats now? how is electricity charged? esp in islamabad, rates etc?

thanks a lot.

is there any android app to use for these sort home audits?

In Islamabad they install new meters and have different rates for peak and off peak times. You have to calculate the electric cost than add additional charges like tv fee etc( refer to your bill) than add 16% GST. To find how to know which are peak & off peak hours on new meter I asked iesco guy and he told me that on the meter the display changes at regular intervals. 1st 00000 than date, time , total reading, peak time reading, off peak time reading, ....... I hope this will help.

In current situation you cannot calculate actual cost of electricity because if you use 50 units your bill should be about 110 Rupees but WAPDA has imposed FPA (Fuel Price Adjustment) after every one or two months and your bill increased from 110 to 400 or above because they collect FPA of past months.

11_11.gif

suppose i use one 40 watts cfl daily for 15 hours and consider 30 days usage my total watts used turns out to be 18000 or 18kw,, so whats now? how is electricity charged?

leave all other tax etc,, just the cost of above cfl itself,,

how they calculate the charges?

like we get something in kilo grams .. so whats their unit of measurement?

Electric Power is measured in KiloWatt-Hour (KW/H).

40W (CFL) x 15 Hours = 600 Watt-Hours = 0.6 Kilo Watt Hour

Per Month = 0.6 x 30 days = 18 Kilo Watt Hour

So basically you consume 18 units of electricity. The Electricity distribution company has different slabs of usage and have different rates for each slab (even if you forget taxes)

For example

1-50 Units = Rs 3.56 / Unit

51-100 Units = Rs. 4.8/Unit

101-300 Units = Rs. 7.9 / Unit

so they will make your bill (roughly ) according to their slabs and calculate the cost of electricity.

Have a closer look at your electricity bill, it is not that complex to understand.

thanks as usual Ijaz Bro .,, u realy cleared my confusion,, this thing bogged me sometimes,,as in 10th class one of our physics book said that electricity is charged based on horsepower or so and there was some figue like 764 watt equal to 1 hp,, i forgott exact wordings but this was very old confusion,,

trhanks again all brothers for helping, and bearing with me my very novice questions,

You forgot one thing:

Fuel Adjustment Charge

I spent less electricity units compared to previous month. Last month my bill was Rs.1800 and in this month with less units consumption I got a bill of Rs.3000.

Reason is: Wapda decided to add fuel adjustment charges for the month of Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb in the March bill because finance minister rejected the subsidy and told them to go and get money from consumers.

Cheeeeers!!!!!

oh good damn this fuel adjustment,,

one more thoing which my neighbour told me that from 7pm to 10pm electricity will cost 26 rs per unit. is it trur? i m in islamabad?

and how do they know the units used durring this this time slot?

[quote=“jhagra, post:8, topic:16705”]

oh good damn this fuel adjustment,

one more thoing which my neighbour told me that from 7pm to 10pm electricity will cost 26 rs per unit. is it trur? i m in islamabad?

and how do they know the units used durring this this time slot?

[/quote]

April 1 is just 15 days ahead but your friend celebrated it this month.

[quote=“blogger, post:9, topic:16705”]

April 1 is just 15 days ahead but your friend celebrated it this month.

[/quote]he is not my friend but he is my neighbour, and he is a govt officer and he said he got a written notice.i will try to ask for more details.

Pepco is charged electricity cost by per hundred watts

however your watts are increase your electricity cost is increase

Pepco is dividing the loader into 2 parts

home

industrial or commercial

[quote=", post:5, topic:16705"]

Electric Power is measured in KiloWatt-Hour (KW/H).

40W (CFL) x 15 Hours = 600 Watt-Hours = 0.6 Kilo Watt Hour

Per Month = 0.6 x 30 days = 18 Kilo Watt Hour

So basically you consume 18 units of electricity. The Electricity distribution company has different slabs of usage and have different rates for each slab (even if you forget taxes)

For example

1-50 Units = Rs 3.56 / Unit

51-100 Units = Rs. 4.8/Unit

101-300 Units = Rs. 7.9 / Unit

so they will make your bill (roughly ) according to their slabs and calculate the cost of electricity.

Have a closer look at your electricity bill, it is not that complex to understand.

[/quote]

Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone know the rate if you go beyond 300 units?

[quote=“Myelin, post:12, topic:16705”]

Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone know the rate if you go beyond 300 units?

[/quote]

That was just an example, actual rates vary every month and depend upon tariff class.

Are you asking about domestic tariff?