Electrical circuit - colorful lights in mouse

okay. this is rookie, but I wanted to know how the LEDs in mouse changes its colors

I know that applying different potential differences, across those LEDs produces different colored light

but what is the basic electrical component that varies the potential difference like that ? is it a transistor ??

and how can one make a simple circuit in which an LED will turn on and turn off in a specific time period

and how is DC inverted to AC, when concerned with low power

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

how can one make a simple circuit in which an LED will turn on and turn off in a specific time period
[/quote]

It can b accomplished using microcontroller with simple programming, or u can also achieve it by using sequential circuits involving flip-fliops or latches.

umm what are sequential circuits and what are flip flops and latches ?

I wud really appreciate if any1 can make a circuit and show it here

I searched the net and found that i might need a 555 oscillator

It can b accomplished using microcontroller with simple programming

[/quote]

even simple programming in microcontroller isnt that simple…!!!

and how come the flip-flops and latches come in the mouse…

latches are used where memory of the past is kept in check…

So in mouse there are nothing like that!!!

even simple programming in microcontroller isnt that simple…!!!

[/quote]

It is easy. I have worked on microcontrollers and Texas Instruments’ TMS320DM6467 DSP kits. I can assure you that working with the former was/is very easy. Instead of using assembly instruction set, use C language.

Blinking an LED on a microcontroller is equivalent to the Hello World program in normal programming.

dudes im a n00b in this stuff

so i would like something like a step by step guide, to make a blinking led circuit

and colorful lights led circuit

by using a commonly and cheaply available IC

Use PIC16F628A or PIC16F84A if you want to stay under 150 Rupees for controller cost. You will also need a programmer. You can purchase one or else make it from the abundant schematics available online.

I have also worked with 8051 microcontroller and undertsanding the architecture isnt very easy at all...

Even this blinking of LED on 8051 requires a lot about port knowledge and timers in 8051..

Smilarly interfacing demands altogether new knowledge!!!!

I am not saying that it is difficult but it isnt that easy that any1 can do this without prior knowledge of these things...!!!!

dudes im a n00b in this stuff

so i would like something like a step by step guide, to make a blinking led circuit

and colorful lights led circuit

by using a commonly and cheaply available IC

[/quote]

8051 will cost u 60 rupees but the programmer will cost u round about 1000R.s…

I can tell u the best book too if u are really interested in these things…

Dont use PIC as its architecture is extremely difficult but it is more efficient!!!

8051/8052 are relatively difficult. PIC is comparatively easier to use. To use either, you need to have an understanding of electronics and computer architecture.

To use either, you need to have an understanding of electronics and computer architecture.
[/quote]

exactly,this is what I was trying to say…

:expressionless:

I found PIC rather more difficult especially its SFR’s…

of course,microcontrollers are nothing without SFR's..SFR's are integral part of every microcontroller and they vary from microcontroller to microcontroller.....

Obviously SFR's are the things with which u tell your microcontroller what actually u want to do!!!!

The initialization for them isnt that esay and then if u want to make really big task,external memory usage in microcontroller is a tricky part..They become very technical as u delve deeper into them....

We tried to make a touch screen weather monitor system using PIC but unfortunately not succeeded but still trying to make(suspended however at this time) and inshallah will succeed!!!!

:|

Your concept is wrong. SFR are used for setting/configuration and peripheral control of the controller. The programming is what tells the controller what to do.

Initialization is easy. It's just an assignment of a value. e.g. ADCON = 0x07; or equivalent using assembly (two or three instructions [movlw, movwf]).

What kind of touch screen were you using? Resistive, capacitive or inductive?

u are actually telling SFR's through programming what they have to do...!!!So setting and configuring is the thing that u use later on in your main program..They are totally linked with your configuration...programming revolves all around SFR's if u want to build bigger structure through microcontroller!!!!

Not exactly. You can enable and configure an ADC through a couple SFRs but when you acquire the data and what you do with ti is controlled through the programming you do. Simply enabling and configuring a peripheral is not enough to use it in an intelligent application.

once u got enabled them correctlly,nothing is left...

Microcontroller programming is far simpler than actual C programming...The main thing is just enabling and using the right SFR's at the right time and u are done!!!!That's why in many seminars or u can say microcontroller conferences,architecture of the microcontroller(focused basically on SFR's) is explained thoroughly and the rest is left on the students....

I disagree with your concept.

Any third party willing to resolve this disagreement either way? :)

^I was also waiting for this.....

:|

^^ did the guy who post the question understand this stuff :P