Elance Wire transfer (USD/PKR) in Pakistan

Need help from my fellow freelancers. Since skrill already screwed me up big time, i dont want no more problems and dont wanna make any mistakes either.

So here's what i want. I have a current account in Bank Alfalah (Model Town Lahore) and I've got some money that i earned on Elance. i have added my local bank account into financial accounts list of Elance. It took 5 days and is now available for withdrawals..

While adding the bank i chose the destination currency PKR instead of USD. So can anyone tell me how much time do Elance wire transfer take in total. for example if i make a withdrawal Monday morning, when will the money reach my bank account? Also guide me if i should choose wire transfer in USD or PKR.. do both of them take equal amount of time or is one of them faster?

Thanks in advance,

Hamid

People have already posted this topic. Search it ....you will; find your answers... those threads also give rates for differnt banks

My best solution is combination of Skril + Standard Chartered bank and yes a year back my worst experience was with Skrill+Bank Alfalah.. and that is basically problem with Alfalah Bank, Skrill has nothing to do with it.....

I withdraw my money to Skrill and then to my SCB and I get my money in my account very next day.. Skrill charges 2.68$ Aprox per transaction and last rate that Standard Chartered gave me is 95.9 PKR though a bit lesser than other banks but they pay me right on time......

I suggest you to open your account in SCB and get rid of all chakh chakh of local banks.....

At the end either you select PKR or USD, your bank will convert it to accordingly account type of your's- if it is already in PKR then you withdraw in PKR or USD, you'll get amount in PKR.... so only matters what rate you get in both procedures and what are the charges....

[quote=“nvd650, post:3, topic:18976”]

My best solution is combination of Skril + Standard Chartered bank and yes a year back my worst experience was with Skrill+Bank Alfalah… and that is basically problem with Alfalah Bank, Skrill has nothing to do with it…

I withdraw my money to Skrill and then to my SCB and I get my money in my account very next day.. Skrill charges 2.68$ Aprox per transaction and last rate that Standard Chartered gave me is 95.9 PKR though a bit lesser than other banks but they pay me right on time......

I suggest you to open your account in SCB and get rid of all chakh chakh of local banks.....

At the end either you select PKR or USD, your bank will convert it to accordingly account type of your's- if it is already in PKR then you withdraw in PKR or USD, you'll get amount in PKR.... so only matters what rate you get in both procedures and what are the charges....

[/quote]

Thanks alot for your guidance, actually i'm a student and do freelancing just to help myself financially. I've heard that charges for opening a current account in standard chartered are very high? is this true? I love standard chartered and really wanna open an account in that bank but only if i know that they dont impose unknown and unnecessary charges from my account.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Many thanks,

Hamid

I opened my account with 5,000 PKR and after that I never tried to maintain balance in bank, it is always below 1,000 and they never asked me to maintain any balance....

wow... so last question.. do they charge you any extra or extravagent and unknown charges ? or is it the same like the rest of the banks?

I'm just wanting to know if a student like me can afford it.. Any help would be absolutely great!!!

Thanks!

I didn't notice any kind of charges yet.....

Sent from my iPhone-7 using Tapatalk2

Thanks Alot brother.

[quote=“nvd650, post:7, topic:18976”]

Sent from my iPhone-7 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

any experince with SCB visa card. as they need minimum monthly income salary upto 30,000 or more which we students does not have any kind of salary. i want SCB visa card with skrill bcz my JS bank visa card not working with skrill.

[quote=", post:9, topic:18976"]

any experince with SCB visa card. as they need minimum monthly income salary upto 30,000 or more which we students does not have any kind of salary. i want SCB visa card with skrill bcz my JS bank visa card not working with skrill.

[/quote]

I'm sorry, I didn't get your question clearly...

[quote=“nvd650, post:7, topic:18976”]

[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone-7 :blink:

when did u get this iphone 7 ???

[quote=“multichoice, post:11, topic:18976”]

I didn’t notice any kind of charges yet…

Sent from my iPhone-7 :blink:

when did u get this iphone 7 ???

[/quote]

Lolz, I’ve switched now to Nokia :D

Sent from Nokia 3310