Elance widthdraw: money deduction

I recently widthdraw 20$ from elance in local currency on 20th, Oct. Elance sent me email saying that 1994 PKR will be sent. My bank account is in ABL in Lahore. On 22nd Oct, widthraw request status changed to complete. Despite ABL is directly connected with SWIFT, I received 1709 PKR on 6th Nov.. Branch staff say ABL doesn't charge any fee on inward remittances. ABL's Schedule of Charges also confirms it. My questions are:

Why did I received less money (1709 PKR. Elance sent me 1994 PKR)? Who dedcuted 285 PKR?

Why did money reach me so late? As ABL is directly connected to SWIFT, it should not have taken more a couple of days?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Immi

3% dollar to rupee conversion charges i guess.

How do you know elance sent 1994, I always see dollars when I withdraw using local currency method.

$25 is charged for all the transfers if you send money from one country to another.

I just got SWIFT receipt from elance and they sent 1994.02 PKR on 27th Oct., through their bank's correspondent bank. My bank told me, if you have PKR account, sender has to send in PKR. (Who decides the exchange rate is the difference between local currency and USD transfer, I guess.).

What you think, the correspondent bank of Sender's bank deducted 285 PKR? Sender bank is bank of america. Which Pakistani bank is directly connected to bank of america?

[quote=“immi, post:4, topic:22365”]

I just got SWIFT receipt from elance and they sent 1994.02 PKR on 27th Oct., through their bank’s correspondent bank. My bank told me, if you have PKR account, sender has to send in PKR. (Who decides the exchange rate is the difference between local currency and USD transfer, I guess.).

[/quote]

The exchange rate is decided by the Treasury of your local bank. There is an exchange rate posted in the bank every day. If you receive large sum of money, you can bargain the exchange rate but it doesn’t work if you receive few $$$.

[quote=“immi, post:4, topic:22365”]

What you think, the correspondent bank of Sender’s bank deducted 285 PKR? Sender bank is bank of america. Which Pakistani bank is directly connected to bank of america?

[/quote]

The $25 is charged to the client (who is receiving the money).