Eid Milad-u-Nabi Mubarik

Eid Milad-u-Nabi Mubarik to everyone :)

I am surprise to see there was no thread for this so I thought to create it myself.

I hope that everybody has participated in some way in activities of today instead of just sleeping :)

khair mubarak, same to u and everyone :)

eid-e-milad.jpg

Wish u all happy eid...

^ Its not eid :/

There are only two Eids in Islam.

Neither Nabi SAW, Sahaba RA, or the pious people of the first generation celebrated Milad.

So this is Bid'ah.

Read Quran and follow Hadees, dont follow the people in green turbin. There are 2 Eids, only 2. We dont need to celebrate a birhtday and call it a EID.

And above all... By celebrating this birthday is just like christians celebrate Jesus birthday. I'm not sayin they do the wrong thing but it is not our teaching... Sahaba or people after Muhammad (s.a.w) never celebrated any birthday. If you really want to celebrate the day then celebrate it like our prophet told us. Send drood shareefs and atleast start praying If you can !!!

I won't write nicks here but I am surprised, the word "Eid" means happy occasion. Eid Milad-u-Nabi is perfectly correct. There is nothing wrong in it words or occasion. The occasion is similar to Christmas and you all are well aware how Christmas is celebrated in western countries.

If for some weird reasons you don't like calling it "Eid" (means you don't know the meaning of word "Eid") then call it "Happy Birthday to our beloved last prophet Muhammad P.B.U.H.". Maybe English version will be good for you :)

By the way, don't tell me you people think that the Urdu word "Shadi" means "Nikah" :lol: The word "Shadi" means a small happy gathering.

God, when we'll raise our schooling standards :D

EDIT:

There are so many things that are not written in Quran and Hadis, should I throw away my computer too? :D

Anyway, no offense meant.

"Thy should keep thy religion to thyself". I follow it :)

Dude !!! We know what Eid means!! Long story short the basic concept was that sahabas or Aalims never celebrated Eid Milad Ul Nabi !! Now ask me why ? Because It was declared from the shih hadees that prophe at the time of "wisaal" told the sahabas not to worship or make a idol of me after my death like other people (jews and christians) did !!

@SataN

Agreed. Twelve apostles of Christ also didn't celebrated his "birthday" nor there was Christmas' "Santa Claus" when Christ died. But after 2000 years they have "Christmas" event.

In our prophet's time, at two eids, people were suppose to be happy, but not to show-off their wealth. But look around, today what we do on both of our Eids. We have already made Eids a perfect show-off occasion to show how much we wealth we have by showing-off better cloths and animals than others.

But this is not the place to discuss religions :)

As this Milad-u-Nabi has passed, I'll request mods to please close this thread :)

^ I agree with your point! I don't wanna discuss religion here too. But but!! We are not suppose to celebrate Milad ul Nabi like Christmas.

We are to celebrate this day by reciting darud sharif and It was always a normal day in sahaba's life !! We are not suppose to go to piiza hut and have a drink and say " cheers !! today is birthday !! "

^ I would like to continue but let's leave this conversation as is :)

Eid Millad un Nabi Mubarik (S.A.W) to all of you

Guys i dont know why sect thoughts are spread here but what i say is that if we celebrate when we have baby in our life then why not to celebrate the day when the Rahmat-UL-Alameen came to this world.

I don't want to turn this thread into a religious fight but I felt that it is my duty to tell my brothers the truth. After lots of research and may be wrong but still I got some facts Which I would like post here.

As Billabadsha said when we celebrate when we have a new baby why not then celebrate the holy prophets birthday. So first let me clear that celebrating birthday is not a muslim riwayat. Its like If you say that why we don't celebrate Holy, Dasera!! lol

Principally, birthdays are not something that should be celebrated or to be happy about. When it is someone's birthday, one year of his/her life has decreased, and not increased. As such, what intelligence is there in celebrating and showing happiness when a year has decreased in one's life?

In a Hadith recorded by Imam Abu Dawud (Allah have Mercy on him) and others, The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

�Whosoever imitates a nation is amongst them�. (Sunan Abu Dawud,)

show Anywhere in Quran or Authentic Sunnah

That the Companions of Mohammed (saaws)

Annually Celebrated the Rasool's Birthday

During his lifetime or after his death

Celebrating the Prophet's birthday is bida (an innovation in the religion); the Prophet (saaws) did not instruct others to do it, and he didn't have companions around him doing it and then give any type of permission (including silent permission).

We are not to make distinction between any of the Prophets. Distinction in status, for instance. Like to say one is better than another. This leads to idol worship, similar to what the christians did when they began to worship Jesus instead of treat him as the Prophet he was. They just took it a step too far.. and kept running with it, up to what it is today.

The Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) has said: Do not over praise me as the Christians over-praised the son of Mary. I am His slave so say: 'Allah's slave and messenger' [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

What is important about each Prophet and/or Messenger is the MESSAGE.

And Allah knows best

Eid Millad un Nabi Mubarik (S.A.W) to all of you

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I don’t want to turn this thread into a religious fight but I felt that it is my duty to tell my brothers the truth. After lots of research and may be wrong but still I got some facts Which I would like post here.

As Billabadsha said when we celebrate when we have a new baby why not then celebrate the holy prophets birthday. So first let me clear that celebrating birthday is not a muslim riwayat. Its like If you say that why we don’t celebrate Holy, Dasera!! lol

Principally, birthdays are not something that should be celebrated or to be happy about. When it is someone’s birthday, one year of his/her life has decreased, and not increased. As such, what intelligence is there in celebrating and showing happiness when a year has decreased in one’s life?

In a Hadith recorded by Imam Abu Dawud (Allah have Mercy on him) and others, The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

Annually Celebrated the Rasool’s Birthday

Celebrating the Prophet’s birthday is bida (an innovation in the religion); the Prophet (saaws) did not instruct others to do it, and he didn’t have companions around him doing it and then give any type of permission (including silent permission).

We are not to make distinction between any of the Prophets. Distinction in status, for instance. Like to say one is better than another. This leads to idol worship, similar to what the christians did when they began to worship Jesus instead of treat him as the Prophet he was. They just took it a step too far… and kept running with it, up to what it is today.

The Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) has said: Do not over praise me as the Christians over-praised the son of Mary. I am His slave so say: ‘Allah’s slave and messenger’ [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

And Allah knows best

[/quote]

Nicely justified… i also share ur thoughts abt this event.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I don’t want to turn this thread into a religious fight but I felt that it is my duty to tell my brothers the truth. After lots of research and may be wrong but still I got some facts Which I would like post here.

As Billabadsha said when we celebrate when we have a new baby why not then celebrate the holy prophets birthday. So first let me clear that celebrating birthday is not a muslim riwayat. Its like If you say that why we don’t celebrate Holy, Dasera!! lol

Principally, birthdays are not something that should be celebrated or to be happy about. When it is someone’s birthday, one year of his/her life has decreased, and not increased. As such, what intelligence is there in celebrating and showing happiness when a year has decreased in one’s life?

Annually Celebrated the Rasool’s Birthday

Celebrating the Prophet’s birthday is bida (an innovation in the religion); the Prophet (saaws) did not instruct others to do it, and he didn’t have companions around him doing it and then give any type of permission (including silent permission).

We are not to make distinction between any of the Prophets. Distinction in status, for instance. Like to say one is better than another. This leads to idol worship, similar to what the christians did when they began to worship Jesus instead of treat him as the Prophet he was. They just took it a step too far… and kept running with it, up to what it is today.

The Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) has said: Do not over praise me as the Christians over-praised the son of Mary. I am His slave so say: ‘Allah’s slave and messenger’ [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

And Allah knows best

[/quote]

I totally agree with satan.

For those who want to understand

Iyya ka na budu wa iyya kanasrayeen

And for those who dont

Lakum deenukum wali ya deen

Please research yourself that the things you are preached and the things you do are according to the principles of Quran and Sunnah

Why SATAN and I are debating on this?it is Amar bil maa’ruf wa nahi anil munkir

ALLAH hum sab ko hidayat de

Peace