Effect of loadshedding on computers

What measures should one take(except UPS)?

Do you have personal horror stories on programmes going corrupt and losing important data?

Lol recently I lost my Feedburner Subscription list because of this Fu**ing Load shedding and i have lost my firefox bookmark and preferences (prefs.js file goes corrupt) countless time but FEBE saves me everytime

I used to loose my assignments, the light went out and I was not able to save it.

So I bought myself a laptop. This is the only way I came up with

@naufil: utilize autosave of M$ Office, increase the frequency of autosave

thanks for the tip abdulsami

Firefox is good, in that, if you are in the middle of

something and KESC pulls the plug, you can start

off from the same place, with your half written ass-

ignment, article, etc. It remembers everything from

open tabs, to what you wrote inside a form, etc.

As for the PC hardware itself, I guess we should all

save up for a robust, imported UPS system that is

designed to work with sensitive equipment, like PCs.

Sheikh 'Loadshedding Is History -PPP Minister' Chilli

I work on microsoft office. how can I do the same work on firefox. laptop is the only solution for computers.

few days back i loose or maybe damaged my windows folder which was in C driver i've tried many ways to recover it but didn't get any success because load shedding and then i said "#$%# you WAPDA" cuz i lost everything

how can load shedding damage windows folder is beyond me

my sata harddisk was damaged man...it was new but after two weeks of use it starts givin sounds and some times blue screen apperas n harddisk failure error....n this ws just due to loadsheddin in belive coz my i never shutdown my pc during these days rather it turned off due to loadshedding almost 3 4 times in a day coz there was no timings for loadsheddin in my area....

Lost 320GB, 200GB, 120GB and an 80GB HDD. The bigger sized ones had DVD/CD images for a lot of software (plenty of it original and licensed). Even though I was able to recover the files, most of the setups are corrupt now. If only I could sue WAPDA for damaging of computer equipment, corruption of data, negligent homicide of computer parts, willful and deliberate damage, emotional trauma, wasted time..etc..etc.. and every other blame under the sky. :rolleyes:

load shedding cant cause hardware damage, its technically not possible.

lost my 400GB HD to loadshedding :/

one minute it's working next minute.. it's pfft

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[/quote]

it is…hard disks are especially vulnerable…

its just weird how many people here lost their HD all because of load shedding. my computer almost never shuts down properly and so far no problems

fortunately mine hd was not completely damaged....as i mentioned earlier it gives tak tak sounds n harddisk failure msg displayed too often...like wid in 3 4 days it happens many times in a single day...it was 250gb sata maxtor i sold it for 2800rs last week and pay additional 3300rs for wd 500gb...quiet happy there is no loadshedding these days as i can shutdown my pc wid this new hd

how do u know it was due to load shedding? i've had HD fail on me when there was no load shedding

how can load shedding damage windows folder is beyond me
[/quote]

okay here is what happened when i am shut downing my pc and my pc saving settings and going to be shut down at the same time power cuts after 2 hours when load shedding time over and i start my pc and windows damaged anything can be happen in tech and its windows not mac …

[/quote]

load fluctuation can cause hardware damages I have seen speakers, power supplies and motherboards damaged due to high voltage

Firefox is good, in that, if you are in the middle of

something and KESC pulls the plug, you can start

off from the same place, with your half written ass-

ignment, article, etc. It remembers everything from

open tabs, to what you wrote inside a form, etc.

As for the PC hardware itself, I guess we should all

save up for a robust, imported UPS system that is

designed to work with sensitive equipment, like PCs.

Sheikh ‘Loadshedding Is History -PPP Minister’ Chilli

[/quote]

True,but the bookmars however do get lost sometimes.