Economical International Courrier

Salams everyone,

I ordered some books from Amazon.com two months ago. I got half the books I ordered and the other half were 'lost' in our postal system. I wrote to amazon asking them to send me a replacement, they did. Now after two months and about 3 weeks after I got the replacement package I also got the original package that was sent two months ago. Lol, try explaining that :)

I wrote to Amazon asking them what to do with the additional books since we don't have a return to sender option. They asked to me mail them the books back. TCS seems expensive at around Rs. 3,500 for two books to the US. I want a cheap alternative as I'm unsure if Amazon will refund my return postage money.

Anyone has any idea's about a cheaper way to send them ??

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Salams everyone,

I ordered some books from Amazon.com two months ago. I got half the books I ordered and the other half were ‘lost’ in our postal system. I wrote to amazon asking them to send me a replacement, they did. Now after two months and about 3 weeks after I got the replacement package I also got the original package that was sent two months ago. Lol, try explaining that :)

I wrote to Amazon asking them what to do with the additional books since we don’t have a return to sender option. They asked to me mail them the books back. TCS seems expensive at around Rs. 3,500 for two books to the US. I want a cheap alternative as I’m unsure if Amazon will refund my return postage money.

Anyone has any idea’s about a cheaper way to send them ??

[/quote]

if some one is going to US, hand the books over to him and he can mail to Amazon from US which can be a better deal.

Salams everyone,

I ordered some books from Amazon.com two months ago. I got half the books I ordered and the other half were ‘lost’ in our postal system. I wrote to amazon asking them to send me a replacement, they did. Now after two months and about 3 weeks after I got the replacement package I also got the original package that was sent two months ago. Lol, try explaining that :)

I wrote to Amazon asking them what to do with the additional books since we don’t have a return to sender option. They asked to me mail them the books back. TCS seems expensive at around Rs. 3,500 for two books to the US. I want a cheap alternative as I’m unsure if Amazon will refund my return postage money.

Anyone has any idea’s about a cheaper way to send them ??

[/quote]

did you not ask Amazon to use FedEx ?

Send it back by Pakistan Post, registered post. It does the job at a decent price. I sent all my documents for university applications via registered post.

Send it back by Pakistan Post, registered post. It does the job at a decent price. I sent all my documents for university applications via registered post.
[/quote]

Second that. Most of the other courier services are dearer.

If I use FedEx with Amazon it costs an arm and a leg, expedited international shipping always gets the job done.

Pakistan post ? Seriously ?? Will it get there ?? I'm not being sarcastic, I just have a really bad history with them. Apart from paper/documents things tend to disappear with them. They even used to steal the CD's that used to come free with magazines from abroad. Don't know what use the postal people had for them back in the mid 90's. Desi Bling perhaps ? ;)

Thanks btw, will try them out.

If I use FedEx with Amazon it costs an arm and a leg, expedited international shipping always gets the job done.

Pakistan post ? Seriously ?? Will it get there ?? I’m not being sarcastic, I just have a really bad history with them. Apart from paper/documents things tend to disappear with them. They even used to steal the CD’s that used to come free with magazines from abroad. Don’t know what use the postal people had for them back in the mid 90’s. Desi Bling perhaps ? ;)

Thanks btw, will try them out.

[/quote]

Handling of registered post isn’t that bad I assume. Earlier last year, I received all my dvds with not a single case of a dvd being lost. They were registered mail from UK Royal mail. Many times, I have sent out mail using pak post and they reached the other end safely. In one instance, the receiver’s address was wrong and thus, the mail was returned back to me in few weeks.

Alright, I'll give them a go tomorrow InshAllah. They have a decent website btw. I'm posting the link here for their International Shipping rates in case someone needs them later on.

http://www.pakpost.gov.pk/international/foreign_parcels.html

I would get it in writing from Amazon if they would or would not reimburse the shipping charges... If they wouldn't I'd just drop it off at the local FedEx office and tell them to deal with it.....

Otherwise OCS isn't bad, and DHL has setup more-than-decent operations in Pakistan now as well..

Ask Amazon about shipment refunds.

Also, PakPost is pretty good these days. I would recommend it too.

I mailed Amazon and they said they would refund any 'economical' postage I pay to my credit card. Let's see how that works out.

[/quote]

how much does expedited international shipping cost, kindly explain with an example

First tell them to transfer the amount and then only send the package and email Amazon the tracking code for the package.