Ebooks

Hello friends. Although I am newly registered at this forum but a regular oldy visitor.

I want to suggest you why not start some work on ebooks, manuals and solutions. And especially those which are required by the members.

Just for a reference I want to put an example of xboard and I think its indian site but what a fabolous work they are doing. People write about the books they want and normally they get it as a link for downloading from their fellow members. Then why can't we Pakistanis?

If Moderators could look into this matter.

Members responce will also be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Well if we are talking about those pirated ebook forums, i reserve my comments.

But what we probably could do is write some instruction manuals or something like that about the common problems or at best collect some free books on 'all things tech'

.........?

Yeh on other sites its also been done carefully, as they also say that they requests and posting of non-copyright ebooks is allowed. But these robust admins can take care of it. I think so.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Just for a reference I want to put an example of xboard and I think its indian site but what a fabolous work they are doing. People write about the books they want and normally they get it as a link for downloading from their fellow members. Then why can’t we Pakistanis?

[/quote]

They are also providing other "fabulous =D " stuff. ;). That Pakistani can’t and hopefully won’t provide!

Anyhow most of the ebooks are against the piracy laws so it can’t be done here i guess.

I need Chemical Engineering ebooks , i m finding them every where but cant find it for free ......

then there should be some flexibility in the rules for the matter of pirated books

Rules are for us, we are not for rules. Rules can also be modified but it all goes to Moderators. We just talking about ebooks, here there are many old users they may suggest many ways.

Rules are very clear and simple. No direct links to pirated content.

Then how does xboard managing. Actually they just showing a downloadable link from rapidshare etc. Else on their site their is no pirated content.

Then we can share such links.

Sah what do u think?

^ Nope. You can't share links to any place where you can download pirated content. We understand Pakistan basically runs on pirated software and almost everyone is involved in it, but we want the forum in an official capacity to distance itself from it. Hence the rule!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Then how does xboard managing. Actually they just showing a downloadable link from rapidshare etc. Else on their site their is no pirated content.

Then we can share such links.

Sah what do u think?

[/quote]

Don’t know how xboard manages it but when it comes to websites hosted in the US you are not allowed to promote piracy. So that is probably why you can’t link to pirated material on WP.

IMO the idea of a WP wiki or drupal based community site is better than ebook downloads. The reason being that it will be more search engine friendly and that will help it attract new users and grow organically. There is also the possibility that the site owners can monetize the content with ads thus providing them an incentive to further develop the site.

wow! that would be great ... a wiredpakistan sister site, volunteers please?

I think it should be clse. Hmmm?

for ebooks, search for ebooks rapidshare.com in google, you'll get a lot of nice hits.

When WEST do something WRONG or very BAD / RUDE to Hurt Muslims they call it Freedom of Speech.... Freedom to publish or express.... and much more.

if someone (i do not want to support Illegal activity or the so called infringement IPR / Copy Rights) distribute pdf (ebooks) it is a criminal activity.

Don't do it..... (don't tell anyone....) is the best policy!

:D

I love magazines full of pictures (No Cloths) ...... and someone (in eastern Europe is doing good) .... hehehehe ;-)...... "Magazine about CARS" lol

Lets as Higher Education Commission to publish books at subsidized rates. Not more than Rs.100 ~ 300 or may be Rs.500. In the neighboring country this was done in late 80's.