Eating Apple with top layer

It is generally said that eating Apple with top layer (peels) is not good for health. Is it true? Any body have knowledge about it?

You have "generally" been lied to my fried.

[quote=“signode, post:, topic:”]

It is generally said that eating Apple with top layer (peels) is not good for health. Is it true? Any body have knowledge about it?

[/quote]

AFAIK it is full of iron & certain vitamins but difficult to digest (for some people) that’s why people usually peel off the skin before eating. The skin is insoluble fiber and the rest is soluble fiber and for good health you need both.

[/quote]

:D

I have also heard it from a couple of people. It's a general perception and has nothing to do with facts. It's perfectly safe to eat the apple along with it's peel.

Subhanallah! What a great tehcnological thread, it has been great addition to my knowledge, either to eat the apple with peel or not! awesome! :|

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:6, topic:15807”]

Subhanallah! What a great tehcnological thread, it has been great addition to my knowledge, either to eat the apple with peel or not! awesome! :expressionless:

[/quote]

The skin/peel is a brand new revolutionary feature for all Apple products. :blink:

[quote=“Asad, post:7, topic:15807”]

The skin/peel is a brand new revolutionary feature for all Apple products. :blink:

[/quote]

hahaha…:D

this thread is a reason for steve jobs death.

[quote=“Faisal, post:2, topic:15807”]

You have “generally” been lied to my fried.

[/quote]

OK. Asking a question is better then assuming wrong.

Actually, it looks like it's good for health....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2000392/Apple-peel-helps-build-muscle-control-weight.html

[quote=“Faisal, post:2, topic:15807”]

You have “generally” been lied to my fried.

[/quote]

Are you implying the lying fried his brain? :P

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:9, topic:15807”]

this thread is a reason for steve jobs death.

[/quote]

Yes I’ve heard a rumor that he ate an apple with skin, choked on it and died. :ph34r:

[quote=“Specter, post:12, topic:15807”]

Yes I’ve heard a rumor that he ate an apple with skin, choked on it and died. :ph34r:

[/quote]

:D

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:6, topic:15807”]

Subhanallah! What a great tehcnological thread, it has been great addition to my knowledge, either to eat the apple with peel or not! awesome! :expressionless:

[/quote][quote=“Asad, post:7, topic:15807”]

[/quote]

So, what is the purpose of mocking? "Oh! it is a technology forum, there should be technology; more technology and again technology’’. If this is true, then why are there sticky/non sticky non tech related threads here?

Let me add, apple's peel may be nutritionous if organic. However commercially apples are grown with a hefty dose of pesticides to make them clean/fresh looking. In the long term, you my not want to eat the crust as it be carcinogenic.

[quote=“blogger, post:14, topic:15807”]

So, what is the purpose of mocking? "Oh! it is a technology forum, there should be technology; more technology and again technology’’. If this is true, then why are there sticky/non sticky non tech related threads here?

[/quote]

Purpose of mocking is rather obvious and not what you are whining about.

[/quote]

Are you sure you are not talking about the banana :D

[quote=“signode, post:10, topic:15807”]

OK. Asking a question is better then assuming wrong.

[/quote]

True.

So now you know… :)

[quote=“Specter, post:12, topic:15807”]

[/quote]

I swear I typed ‘friend’… :D

[quote=“MAB, post:17, topic:15807”]

Are you sure you are not talking about the banana :D

[/quote]

Is that a general opinion too? :lol: