E74 killed my x360 today

yeah my xbox 360 died today giving E74 error.

googled it,

E74: There is high chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip near the AV cable connection) it can also be caused by a faulty AV cable so check that first. In some cases it is a problem with the GPU and may be repairable by doing the x-clamp replacement (see error 0102)

solution isnt working for me. :(

any suggestions?

Wow.. this is EXACTLY the same error that i got with my Xbox 360... You're getting 1 red light right?

When i took it to the shop for repair he kept it for 1-2 weeks and then said its unrepairable because the graphic chip has burnt or something like that. I took it to a couple more shops but they all said that its unrepairable.. I had to sell it for 5000 then..

Sorry dude, its probable you will be doing the same.. But maybe some new technique to rectify this problem has come out.. Maybe you might be lucky.

May your Xbox360 RIP.. Get a PS3.. Dont ever worry about RROD :P

yup i am getting one red light.hmm so how come you were able to sell it? good thing new 60GB 360s are out. :P

*man i am a PS3 fan. my brother likes x360, thats all. lets not start a fanboy fight here.*

Yeah lets not start a fanboy fight but still reliability wise PS3 are really good. Anyway lets keep that to one side.

I was able to sell it because even though the graphics chip was burnt, the other parts like motherboard and processor and blah blah were all good, the only problem was with the graphics chip if i remember correctly so what they do is if they get a Xbox360 with a processor problem, they would just remove my xbox360's processor and put it in the other Xbox360 whose processor isnt working. So thats what they do.. I dont know why they couldnt replace the graphics chip i dont exactly remember what reason he had told me though.

Anyway so you can still get around 5-6 thousand from it but i think that you will be able to fix it. If you are able to fix it, then first thing you should do is sell it. Get it fixed from one shop, take it to another shop and sell it and get whatever money you get and never come back to that shop again because if your 360 has had problems once, its very likely it will keep having problems. So either buy a new 360 or maybe a PS3 whichever one you like but i can assure you that problems will keep happening with the Xbox once it has given you the red lights even after it has been repaired.

Alamode: He already has PS3.Do you work for Sony???:lol: jk.

Plus i have heard that new 360's are reliable.. Not too sure about it though.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Alamode: He already has PS3.Do you work for Sony???:lol: jk.
[/quote]

Since my Xbox360 died on me with the same E74 error i’ve been kinda hating Microsoft you know… I had only used my Xbox for like 2 months… :(

thanks for the tip. :D

hey it'll almost cover the expense of new 320GB HDD that i am buying for my PS3. :lol:

Whats the price of xbox360 and ps3?

The "red ring of death" has scared me so much, I don't think I am gona buy an XBOX now! Does Microsoft support XBOX systems here in Pakistan?

The “red ring of death” has scared me so much, I don’t think I am gona buy an XBOX now! Does Microsoft support XBOX systems here in Pakistan?
[/quote]

Well even if it did, you still wont be able to claim warranty because you would be modifying the console to play pirated games. I dont think they provide support here.

The “red ring of death” has scared me so much, I don’t think I am gona buy an XBOX now! Does Microsoft support XBOX systems here in Pakistan?
[/quote]

microsoft does not support xbox for pakistan. they dont even allow us to be registered on xboxlive. another country’s email ID and address is used to register there. :P

Great going PAKISTAN! :)

Yeah you can use Xbox Live though, but it doesnt officially recognize a Pakistani address..