DVD+R media for burning

I want to safe my personal data (100 GB) in DVDs. What is the best DVD+R media brand currently available in the market with respect to reliability, performance and long lasting.

Sony and samsung both r good.

Go to Vmart.com.pk. Plenty of good quality discs available there.

Thanks Friend. I checked the web site. It has good collection of DVD-R but only of Verbatim. Could you recommend me any other good brand. I actually need DVD+R media disc (10 pack spindle). I have found it in rambo center but they have it of taiwan made. I need japanese make.

Regards

Saad

Verbatim discs are good. Get a couple in jewel cases and try them out before getting the entire spindle.

You could also buy a portable hard drive, WD 250GB for Rs.5700 which would be more reliable.

I wouldn't recommend saving any important data on DVDs, as you can never be sure what you'll be getting from the market. But in case you have to backup on DVDs, get double the amount you need to backup the backup :).

As Asad already said, Verbatim are good and I think Imation are good too if you can find original of the both which will be hard, and they will be expensive when compared to normal DVDrs. Heck you can get a normal DVD-R for around 13 or so a piece if you get more than 30.

Don't burn them on full speed as that increases the risk of burn errors in some cases.

Anyone who has a online shopping experience with Vmart. Do they supply genuine products. They only have Verbatim DVD's. It is a good brand. I am also trying to find Yuden brand which is the top most and TDK.

Regards

Saad

^ I have heard good things about Vmart. Go head with your purchases. You won't be disappointed.

Portable hard drive is very good ad safe option

i ll suggest you to buy a HDD, if passport one is expensive then go for some Sata or IDE.

well i got my DVD+R+RW from Regal Center for Rs. 800..its been 18 months now and works like a gem

I know it is slightly off topic, but I was looking for reliable DVD+R DL media. Which brand in Pakistan is considered good? I have heard Verbatim made in Singapore are good DVD+R DL disks. Is this true here as well or does Verbatim sell media manufactured in a different country over here?

Can anyone estimate how much will it cost for a good quality 25 disk spindle and 50 disk spindle of a DVD+R DL in Pakistan.

Thanks.

to back up my hard drive i have been using local dvds costing me 10 rs per disc, i have had no

problems with them so far.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Can anyone estimate how much will it cost for a good quality 25 disk spindle and 50 disk spindle of a DVD+R DL in Pakistan.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Dual Layer (DL) DVD+R don’t come in spindles as they are not manufactured like the pirated DVD’s.

I’ve used Sony’s and Verbatim’s DVDR (DL) and Sony rocks… only problem with the disks is that they cost Rs. 250 to Rs. 300 each and that also in wholesale. A pack of 5 Sony DVD+R (DL) will cost you Rs. 1200.

Dual Layer (DL) DVD+R don’t come in spindles as they are not manufactured like the pirated DVD’s.

I’ve used Sony’s and Verbatim’s DVDR (DL) and Sony rocks… only problem with the disks is that they cost Rs. 250 to Rs. 300 each and that also in wholesale. A pack of 5 Sony DVD+R (DL) will cost you Rs. 1200.

[/quote]

Are you saying that only pirated DVDs come in a spindle? That is not true. All over the world DVDs and CDs are sold in a spindle. I have seen DVD+R DL spindles but not in Pakistan. Maybe they are not sold here. For example, a 30 pack spindle is usually sold for $45-50 in US. Which makes it more expensive than a normal DVD but it is not very expensive.

If you have access to someone in the USA or japan or greece you can buy taiyo yuden dvd+r...taiyo yuden media is the no.1 media in the world far superior to any other brand in this world and i dont say it lightly!!!

even verbatim is crap in front of it...consider your data safe for a long long time in that!!!

Are you saying that only pirated DVDs come in a spindle? That is not true. All over the world DVDs and CDs are sold in a spindle. I have seen DVD+R DL spindles but not in Pakistan. Maybe they are not sold here. For example, a 30 pack spindle is usually sold for $45-50 in US. Which makes it more expensive than a normal DVD but it is not very expensive.

[/quote]

Dude u r not living in USA r ya…wat i wrote concerned the Pakistani market as i haven’t seen DVD+R (DL) spindles here…you can still buy original DVD [R+RW] of Sony, Maxwell, Verbatim, etc. i just gave u a suggestion

But its definite that you wont find DL DVD in spindle’s here as they are very expensive and not in a great demand.

If you have access to someone in the USA or japan or greece you can buy taiyo yuden dvd+r…taiyo yuden media is the no.1 media in the world far superior to any other brand in this world and i dont say it lightly!!!

even verbatim is crap in front of it…consider your data safe for a long long time in that!!!

[/quote]

taiyo yuden is expensive media. Yes, the quality is excellent. Verbatim media is very good, especially the one manufactured in Singapore and it is not as expensive as taiyo yuden.

Dude u r not living in USA r ya…wat i wrote concerned the Pakistani market as i haven’t seen DVD+R (DL) spindles here…you can still buy original DVD [R+RW] of Sony, Maxwell, Verbatim, etc. i just gave u a suggestion

But its definite that you wont find DL DVD in spindle’s here as they are very expensive and not in a great demand.

[/quote]

Right! That is what I wanted to know. So, DVD+R DL are not sold in Pakistan. I only need DVD+R DL as I want to burn my movie archive on them and it would be better to get around 7.9 GB on one DVD DL as I don’t want to carry around 100s of normal DVDs.

By the way, I lived 7 years in US and returned to Pakistan only last year ;)