DVD drive disk tray issue

I have a Sony DVD-RW dvd drive and it has a disk tray problem sometimes it opens sometimes it doesnt i have to use the disk tray hole to open it. Is there anyway i can repair it myself or any place in karachi where i can get it fixed ? I think it just ran out of warranty.

Get a new one. The tray pinions (gararian) are probably messed up and worn out.

Always keep some disc in tray, then it will open easily.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Always keep some disc in tray, then it will open easily.
[/quote]

Nice Trick

why u dont change its belt (just like a rubber poni) hehehehe

Nah, the tray with disc or no disc it still doesnt open i have to use the hole to open it. Its working fine though so i dont think i should buy a new one just yet.

How to change the rubber belt btw ?

@ alamode

I think Asad is correct that maybe some mechanical parts of DVD drive are worn out. But I suspect dust/dirt the culprit of this problem.

If you know any good general computer repair shop in Karachi then just take your driver to that repair shop.

Most of ordinary computer repair shops will do your work. Just tell them the problem. It may need some cleaning and new grease/machine-oil and it will be back to good state for few months.

You can try to do it yourself but there is always a risk to ruin the whole drive. Never poke into something that you don't understand. ;)

My vote goes to vampyr, the problem occurs due to the dust

so keep ur machine clean.

alamode! we can change the rubber belt with the help to tweezer (hehehehe)

bagga>>i think you are right...when the drive opens you will see a rubber band or belt right underneath, just use tweezers to take it out and get a belt slightly smaller then the one you are replacing,,thats it, i have done it many time,,,when my older drives are giving me a problem ,,,in karachi you can get the belt in co-operative in saddar for 50 paisa :)

hmm.. I have a fazool CD drive i think i can get the belt out of it but i think that belt is smaller then the one which is in my sony dvd drive ill check though

Get it serviced. I just got mine done today. The guy changed the belt (it really is like a rubber band). And cleaned up stuff.

The tray is noisier on eject and insert, but works great.

Ah i just took out the belt and placed it back on and that worked :D

Ah i just took out the belt and placed it back on and that worked :D
[/quote]

That’s great! :D

It reminds me of that I read at some poster (in an computer institute) that dirt/dust are not good for computers ;)

It took my 30 minutes to put the belt back into place lol.

Anyway thanks guys.

Shukar hai

Sloved........ now happy happy =) =) =) =)

Aagh.. now its not opening at all.. it opens when i go to my computer and eject it from there but doesnt respond when i press the button.. so i guess its a button issue now lol

no it is still a belt issue i think....... because the rubber band/belt has been stretched out and has loss of elasticity..... therefore you need to CHANGE it to a slightly smaller belt,,just put that on and it will be fine

Aagh… now its not opening at all… it opens when i go to my computer and eject it from there but doesnt respond when i press the button… so i guess its a button issue now lol
[/quote]

Hye o Rabbba…try to change the belt once again alamode

I have similar issues...now I just use a pin to open it...

you get used to it after a while :P