Dual core OR quad Core?

salam to all

please let me know that which processor would b best for me , my basic work on pc is internet / ms office / and photoshop.

i want to change my processor and mobo.

but i want to take opinion should i go for quad core or dual core with a higher speed ?

please advice quad or dual ? and why ?

the prices of the following processors are same so which one should i opt ?

E8400 3ghz (dual core) or Q8200 2.33 ghz (quad core)

both are of 14600/=

please advice.

go for core 2 quad

E8400.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

E8400.
[/quote]

x2

personally i m thinking to go for dual core E8400 as my applications are not tht extensive . well more advices to come , waiting.

Salams to you too

You want a system with either C2D or QC, for internet, office and photoshop ?

Your usage doesn't make sense, especially the processors you are willing to buy. Heres a suggestion:

>buy a E5200 processor

>buy a 2GB-800 RAM

>buy a cheap Asus mobo that supports the above and the number of HDD you wanna use

>buy a 500GB HDD its cheaper than most and just enough space to last you 5 years

>buy a Cooler Master 420W PSU (It will protect your sys from Wapdas/KESEs Wrath)

>Buy a Nvidia 9600GSO its cheap and will give boost performance of your Photoshop soft

>buy Windows XP

>If not buy than install Latest Ubuntu and install wine to run your MS products

>buy a UPS or at least a stabalizer

thanks for the detailed info :

i m running 500 GB sata2 , 260GB WD sata 2 , 120 GB IDE . 2 GB DDR2 , built in agp on d945GCCR , and e2140 processor. , also have ups connected with the system , dnt know about the power supply i m using in my system , 17 inches view sonic lcd ve700 monitor.

please let me know that the AGP u r mentioning in the above post is better than this builtin AGP i m using in D945GCCR ?

i m running 500 GB sata2 , 260GB WD sata 2 , 120 GB IDE . 2 GB DDR2 , built in agp on d945GCCR , and e2140 processor. , also have ups connected with the system , dnt know about the power supply i m using in my system , 17 inches view sonic lcd ve700 monitor.

please let me know that the AGP u r mentioning in the above post is better than this builtin AGP i m using in D945GCCR ?

[/quote]

why do u need such a heavy processor…if u dont play games or editing stuff than e5200 suits to ur requirements

can u guys explain me y r u sugesting core 2 duo instead of core 2 quad

after all core2quad has more processing power than a core 2 duo

can u guys explain me y r u sugesting core 2 duo instead of core 2 quad

after all core2quad has more processing power than a core 2 duo

[/quote]

Because he clearly won’t need that much power!

He’s gonna use his comp for internet/ms office and i don’t think he’ll be doing any intensive video encoding or gaming (some games require multicore processors ->GTA4).

a core2duo is enough for photoshop.

he’ll be wasting his money if he gets something like a quad-core.

^

ok....

now i get it...

yeah man if u need PC only for office work or internet then a GOOD p4 @ 3.0ghz may also b enuff for u

[/quote]

EEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Why would you want to buy a new system???

What kind of monster would resort to such act???

Oh The HUMANITY???

All drama aside you don’t need a new system unless you think the system will die on you, or you like to sell it off a good price. You a have good system, keep it around another year or two, Cuz in couple o years the intel I7 processors will come cheap and your kids might be able to play all the current gen games on their emulators.

/\ just to showoff :D

^^ naaaaa :) i mnot tht typo man dear , well i think i have a slower processor and it is old also E2140 so i decided to upgrade this as well as mobo too, if you have ample knowledge regarding the mobo i was mentioning in the above post d945GCCR is actually not support memory fsb more thn 600 mhz and thus it is useless to get the full speed expectations from the 800fsb processor. so thts y i was planning to upgrade this. and yes it goes slower sometimes on adobe photoshop editing.

so asking again ...

c2 or qc ?

All drama aside you don’t need a new system unless you think the system will die on you, or you like to sell it off a good price. You a have good system, keep it around another year or two, Cuz in couple o years the intel I7 processors will come cheap and your kids might be able to play all the current gen games on their emulators.

[/quote]

no dear i dont want to sell this , i will simply throw it in the trash :) or as u mentioned my kids will b playing with this , money is never b a problem for me alhamdoLILLAH i bought this system years back when it recently arrived and was mch costly i think tht time but now it is like lil orthodox so thts y when the option for more speeds available thn y not i shd go for tht dear :) ?

beside my AGP question still there , please reply.

@nadeem5476

If Adobe Photoshop is getting slower than add more RAM.

If you have flexible budget then get quad core. If you can afford then go for Core i7. Otherwise Core2 will suffice your needs of "using internet, office and photoshop".

Instead of buying expensive processor, invest in a good graphic card. Add at least 4 GB RAM in your system (if you are going to use 32-bit Windows). If you planning to use 64-bit Vista or upcoming 64-bit Windows 7 then 6 to 8 GB will suffice your need for fast and responsive Adobe Photoshop.

By the way, if I place myself in your shoes then I might never upgrade hardware for "internet, office and photoshop". I might only add 2 GB to system and increase total RAM to 4GB and might put "scratch disk" of photoshop on a RAID 0.

please let me know about scratch disk ?

more over , my mobo is not supports 4 GB ( i already have 2gb installed)

u mean , a swap file is a scratch disk , the virtual memory ?

and i saw the mem usage whn working on photoshop it is not more than 1 gb utilized and still i always have over 1 gb free to work .

please let me know about scratch disk ?

more over , my mobo is not supports 4 GB ( i already have 2gb installed)

[/quote]

Then you should upgrade your motherboard and put 4GB RAM (if you are using 32-bit Windows).

I don’t use Adobe Photoshop that much. But there is an option for “scratch disk” in it. Although, it is similar to Swap file or virtual memory but Photoshop scratch disk is use only by Photoshop (instead of sharing between different program). It is also maintain by Photoshop instead by Windows.

Just for example, when you open a JPG file in Photoshop, it convert it to Bitmap in memory to allow editing it. That bitmap file is very large compare to that JPG file. Photoshop will use that scratch disk to store bitmap and change to that file.

More information at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scratch_disk

name the appropriate mother board please for the existing processor E2140