DSL & Smart TV share bandwidth?

Hi,

I have recently got PTCL Smart TV. everything is working perfectly. Previously i have 1mb con which was upgraded to 4MB for Smart TV. (1mb for dsl and 3mb for TV).

When i asked them to upgrade my dsl to 4mb they did but i am getting shared bandwidth. when smart TV is on i get only 1.7mb and when it is not working i get 4mb.

is this the same with everyone or i will have to pressurize ptcl guys to assign 4mb seperately for dsl?

has any one experienced this sort of issue before?

thanks

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi,

I have recently got PTCL Smart TV. everything is working perfectly. Previously i have 1mb con which was upgraded to 4MB for Smart TV. (1mb for dsl and 3mb for TV).

When i asked them to upgrade my dsl to 4mb they did but i am getting shared bandwidth. when smart TV is on i get only 1.7mb and when it is not working i get 4mb.

is this the same with everyone or i will have to pressurize ptcl guys to assign 4mb seperately for dsl?

has any one experienced this sort of issue before?

thanks

[/quote]

nope tht aint the case in actual…post your line stats here and i’ll tell you wat exactly happened!

Below are my line stats

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin (dB): 28.1 10.7

Attenuation (dB): 36.5 19.1

Output Power (dBm): 19.4 12.4

Attainable Rate (Kbps): 14436 977

Rate (Kbps): 4095 863

look your line is perfect but your port is wrongly set to 4Mbps... actually this should be set at 6144/1188...4Mbps for DSL and 2Mbps for IPTV...now you were previously set on this 4m line rate they didn't bother to upgrade you to the 6M profile....now wat you should do is to lodge a complaint regarding port upgradation. After your port will be upgraded to 6M then you can get full 4M on DSL and 2M on IPTV...hws the IPTV working?

everything is working fine as i told before.....both TV and dsl....only thing is the bandwidth sharing.......i will call 1218 and lodge complain regarding this in morning.....this is what i thought too that speed should be set to 7mb (4mb dsl and 3mb tv)

Yeah your port should be set to 6m as Mazahyr pointed out. Lodge a complaint on 1218 about this & you can also try calling up your relevant exchange.

Done today from ptcl end....

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin (dB): 19.9 10.3

Attenuation (dB): 34.5 18.0

Output Power (dBm): 19.3 12.4

Attainable Rate (Kbps): 16092 1119

Rate (Kbps): 8190 1089

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Done today from ptcl end…

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin (dB): 19.9 10.3

Attenuation (dB): 34.5 18.0

Output Power (dBm): 19.3 12.4

Attainable Rate (Kbps): 16092 1119

Rate (Kbps): 8190 1089

[/quote]

Thats what I call Happening :)

Actually Iptv requires 4 mbps Connection by default , previously It was set to 6 mbps but then changed to 4 mbps. Now 4 mbps you are getting for DSL and 4 mbps for IPTV :)

Have fun dude

your line stats are the best you can have !

Still very good stats. They have not depreciated much.

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin (dB): 19.8 11.0

Attenuation (dB): 35.0 18.1

Output Power (dBm): 18.7 12.3

Attainable Rate (Kbps): 16732 1130

Rate (Kbps): 8190 1082

my snr margin has decreased from around 29 to 20.....what will be its effect????

@wizard

No effect until the backend problem occurs or your SNR drops to cause disconnections , It happens when its below 15. You just restart the modem it will again get the SNR more than 20+ . Sometime it Decreases due to line disturbances at cabinet or pole.