DSL Router

I am looking for any DSL Router (connected to wet battery ups) that does not restart when UPS turns ON or OFF . My current shiro router restarts everytime power comes or goes, it is very annoying as it happens atleast 14 times per day

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

’]I am looking for any DSL Router (connected to wet battery ups) that does not restart when UPS turns ON or OFF . My current shiro router restarts everytime power comes or goes, it is very annoying as it happens atleast 14 times per day
[/quote]

If you are using the local/desi variety UPS, avoid using it with your electronic equipment. It is only a matter of time before it fries your electronic equipment. Your best bet is to get a good branded one for computer/electronic equipment use.

Change the router adapter with another of equal specs but higher quality.

Also, you can manually add an electrolytic capacitor of an adequate value on the adapter output to provide voltage during the instance when power switches from Mains to UPS.

Yes Change the router adapter ....

@Asad and @Adil

Could you provide the name of a company (Adapter) or any thing that i should look for in specs. Adapter DC Output required is 9.5V and 500 mA.

@ummro

UPS is local but it only powers DSL Router , 2 lights and 2 fans so i am not worried about it damaging anything.

Will this problem be present even with branded UPS? I mean the ones that come for computers?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Will this problem be present even with branded UPS? I mean the ones that come for computers?
[/quote]

yup tht wud solve it…

Thnx God. Cause I got one and it would suck if the modem restarts on that too.