DSL Problem

Hello everybody

i am using dsl 2MB. a week ago my dsl was working properly but about a week ago it got worst. here are my line stats

Current adsl line status is as the below.

Line Mode G.DMT Line State Show Time

Line Up Time Duration 00:00:01:15 System Up Time 00:00:55:31

Line Downstream Rate 1528 Line Upstream Rate 320

Latency Type Interleave Line Coding Trellis On

Noise Margin 4.5 Line Attenuation 63.5

Output power 11.6 Attainable Line Rate 1920

Line Up Count 32 Status No Defect

look at the disconnections. speed varies after every disconnection. contacted line man and dsl guy many times but they just check and then nothing.

about a week ago i was getting 20-30 noise margin, line attenuation 42 and attainable line rate was between 5000-8000.

Now please help me out. i know its line problem but what to do now. please help.

thanks

BUMP

Your line condition defines the meaning of 'fukked up'.

You need to get it fixed asap.... go to your relevant exchange and buy a lineman if you have to and get it fixed to a level where the line attenuation comes between 20 and 23 and noise margin is between 25 and 30 .

[quote=“Faisal, post:3, topic:16414”]

Your line condition defines the meaning of ‘fukked up’.

You need to get it fixed asap… go to your relevant exchange and buy a lineman if you have to and get it fixed to a level where the line attenuation comes between 20 and 23 and noise margin is between 25 and 30 .

[/quote]

True. Your line is having really bad stats. You should get it fixed. I am surprised that they even installed DSL at your place with these stats.

[quote=“Faisal, post:3, topic:16414”]

… go to your relevant exchange and buy a lineman if you have to an…

[/quote]

hahahaha…Excellent. Thats what i always knew but did not know how to express in words.

Khurram!

Does incoming/outgoing call(s) disconnect your DSL?

After how many attempts does your DSL attain sync i.e. DSL LED becomes stable?

You haven't lodged a complaint yet? Do this first. Call 1218, and go to PHONE LINE menu, not broadband! Talk to an operator, tell him/her that your line is very noisy because of which DSL is also not working properly. Note down the complaint number (must) and name of the operator.

If lineman doesn't contact you within two days, send an email to complaint@pta.gov.pk This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view . You must include your contact info, summary of problem, COMPLAINT NO. and date of lodging complaint in that email. PTA does take action, usually within 6 days. And when they do, you'll get call after call from PTCL staff. Sar pe danda!