DSL problem after upgraded to 1 MB

Hi

I am using PTCL DSL internet. Recently, PTCL upgraded all of its connections so that my connection upgraded from 512KB to 1MB. But since then I noticed that my download speed had decreased to average 15KB/sec. I called PTCL and every time the Customer Service guy transferred my call to Technical Section and then I have to wait for ever and no one attend my call. The Customer Service guy was telling me that the Technical Section will help my to set my modem configuration so that the problem will remove. I was wondering that may be anyone of you had gone through same problem and know how to solve this issue. Also PTCL gave me ZTE ZXDSL 831 Series Modem. Can you help me to solve this problem?

Thanks

Try resetting the modem (i.e. restart it)

Try contacting your exchange.

If you know your user/pass, you could put those in and try again.

Or when you're being transferred to a senior techie, you have to wait. It can take up to 10 minutes - but they're much better than the CSRs on the front row.

I already tried your solutions like resetting modem, reconnecting etc but in vain. May be someone else have some solution! :)

Exact same problem, though my speeds are between 35-70 KB/s. I have called PTCL and registered a complain today. I will let you know if they respond. It is not a modem problem.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi

I am using PTCL DSL internet. Recently, PTCL upgraded all of its connections so that my connection upgraded from 512KB to 1MB. But since then I noticed that my download speed had decreased to average 15KB/sec. I called PTCL and every time the Customer Service guy transferred my call to Technical Section and then I have to wait for ever and no one attend my call. The Customer Service guy was telling me that the Technical Section will help my to set my modem configuration so that the problem will remove. I was wondering that may be anyone of you had gone through same problem and know how to solve this issue. Also PTCL gave me ZTE ZXDSL 831 Series Modem. Can you help me to solve this problem?

Thanks

[/quote]

I believe there is nothing wrong with your connection. The issue is at PTCL end who in their infinite wisdom doubled the speeds of its consumers without arranging the bandwidth first. Having said that I believe PTCL will eventually buy/upgrade its see wee mee (?) and all will be well in due course of time.

In the meantime just try downloading using a download manager wherein it makes multiple connections. Also you should be getting full speed on well seeded torrents since bittorrent is unaffected as it has not be throttled, so far.

Today, I talked to the network guy in my office and he told me that he also tried to call to PTCL tech guys but they never ever attend his call also (he waited more than one hour), he also told me that I need a backup/configuration file so that I can load this file (using modem configuration page) and the modem configuration will be updated. If anyone of you have that backup file, will you share it with us?

Exact same problem, though my speeds are between 35-70 KB/s. I have called PTCL and registered a complain today. I will let you know if they respond. It is not a modem problem.
[/quote]

Please do let me know. I will be anxiously waiting for your reply.

I have a backup for the Huawei modem. Will that help?

I could guide you through the settings too - the only issue is that my username/pass may not work on your router (though I'm not sure)

I have a backup for the Huawei modem. Will that help?

I could guide you through the settings too - the only issue is that my username/pass may not work on your router (though I’m not sure)

[/quote]

Thanks a lot for your offer.

I dont think that backup of Huawei will help me. Moreover, I contacted tech guy of PTCL (after waiting about 100 minutes :) ) he check settings of my modem and told me that the settings are correct. He also told that the issue is temporary and will be resolved at the end of this month because they are currently upgrading lines. He was saying that as my line is ONU so it is very rear to occur any issue to that line. I asked him about the backup file and he told me to never try that because the backup file is used in case when modem is unable to connect to internet. Hope that information will help someone.

ummro! you were right :)

Thanks

we have alot of traffic to the seniors.so we ask our customer to wait minimum 30 mins when frontline csr transfers call to senior.so please be patient and wait for 35 40 mins.i know its too much wait but thats what u will have to do to talk to senior tech.

Does this call to PTCL (1218) costs per minute or per call?

No. 1236 and 1218 are free. So is 0800-80800 (isn't that obvious? :P )

but u cant make call when u have outgoing blocked.mostly customers ask this.

@Smiling Tiger

Since you are PTCL CSR. can you tell me what going on with DSL on ONU? I was upgraded from 512 to 1mb on march 10 but my download speed have not gone past 75 KB/s on average. My ONU line is excellent. I was getting 60 KB/s on my 512 package. I complained at 1218 on wednesday but have not heard back from them. How long does it take to run a test on the line from the exchange? Last night between 10:00 pm and 1:00 am my download speeds miraculously went to 115 KB/s but today all day it has fallen down to 30-45 KB/s. Do they have a software based cap for the ONU users? that they just cap the speed per specific user in the software? or are the ONU users sharing bandwidth that we cant get our full quota? or is it because PTCL thinks since ONU guys are stuck with us so there is no need to bother about them?

An explanation will be greatly appreciated

or is it because PTCL thinks since ONU guys are stuck with us so there is no need to bother about them?
[/quote]

That exactly is the case. My DSL service is down since 21 days and no one’s bothering to fix it despite 8+ complains, and visiting the exchange personally. (Westridge Exchange) …

i am getting 1/4th the speed on torrent public trackers(it wasn't the case before on my multinet connection or before the upgradation started from ptcl)... i get full speed which is 220-250kb/s on direct downloads and private trackers....

wait sometime they will get it right.... i hate downloading from private trackers as ptcl has superlow upload speeds...

i can help perfectly islamabad guys..but guys out of islamabad i dont know respective officers etc..so for guys outside islamabad is....contact me on my messenger and i will try my best to reach ur relative exchanges and officers to help u sort it out.yeah? so see my profile for email.

i can help perfectly islamabad guys…but guys out of islamabad i dont know respective officers etc…so for guys outside islamabad is…contact me on my messenger and i will try my best to reach ur relative exchanges and officers to help u sort it out.yeah? so see my profile for email.
[/quote]

Thanks. I have sent you an email on your yahoo account. I am from Islamabad. Please, have my line checked. I think they messed up when they upgraded me to 1 mb

ok i will reply u later with some important info..do that.u will have ur problem solved.

ok i will reply u later with some important info…do that.u will have ur problem solved.
[/quote]

Kindly help us. Our download speed fell to 25-30 KB/sec.

Thanks