Dsl Modem wireless

hi... in my home lahore my family is using world call dsl connection . but there is no wireless they have to fix the wire to connect the laptop... if i send any wireless modem+router.... like speedtouch or us robotics from overseas ..... then it will work there ????

Yes but they weill need to manually input the settings and world call will probably not help as it wont be one of their own modems.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

hi… in my home lahore my family is using world call dsl connection . but there is no wireless they have to fix the wire to connect the laptop… if i send any wireless modem+router… like speedtouch or us robotics from overseas … then it will work there ???
[/quote]

Not all DSL modems from one country works in other.

I would suggest you just send wireless router (e.g. Linksys WRT310N) and guide them on phone how to connect DSL modem’s LAN port with Router’s WAN port. You can either use DSL modem’s DHCP server or Router’s. It’s up to you.

It’s Wireless Router available from Hafeez Centre? It would cost them cheaper if they buy from Lahore, wouldn’t it? I remember there were some Networking shops right around the stairs in 2nd or 3rd floor. Try to check from there.