Dsl Modem and Router on Direct DC battery: help

Salam.

Dear WP users, i recently managed to install a 12v ah battery on my Ptcl dsl modem (12v1amp) and Tplink router (12v1.5amp) as it was mentioned in prevous threads and aijaz bhai recommended. I am using adapters of both devices in parallel, and connecting those wires to battery and then to the devices. It was going fine for few weeks, but now I have seen low battery backup, only half an hour, (i know the adapters of both devices are 12v and they will not charge battery full) it used to give 2-3hour backup.

Now when battery goes low, the volt of battery gets lower upto 5-6v only, which i think bad for both devices, the modem dont work at this volt but routr does.

I need any kind of circuit to power off both devices when volt goes down upto a limit i.e 9-10v. Is it possible? Can anyone help me?

Paralleling two adapters is not a good idea. Use only one adapter to charge the battery.

Battery voltage going down to 5-6 volts shows that your battery is not getting charged properly. I think when you paralleled two adapters, one of them malfunctioned and thus creating problems in charging.

Remove the adapters from battery, remove their parallel connection and check them one by one. Select the one which has higher voltage output. Now use only this adapter, hopefully it should work fine.

Regarding battery cut off, I will post later.

[quote=", post:2, topic:22222"]

Paralleling two adapters is not a good idea. Use only one adapter to charge the battery.

Battery voltage going down to 5-6 volts shows that your battery is not getting charged properly. I think when you paralleled two adapters, one of them malfunctioned and thus creating problems in charging.

Remove the adapters from battery, remove their parallel connection and check them one by one. Select the one which has higher voltage output. Now use only this adapter, hopefully it should work fine.

Regarding battery cut off, I will post later.

[/quote]

But the power reuirements of modem is 1amp and routr 1.5amp written on back of these devices, and also the adapters have same readings. Will this be sufficient if, suppose, I plug only 1.5amp 12v adapter to battery and use both devices with it?

And I am waiting for that circuit to cut off when volt low.

P.s also there’s one more problem, when wapda comes back, the router which was working (LEDs blinking), it goes switched off, and i have to restart the router (by plugging dc pin out and then in [coz there’s no switch in router]) to make it work again.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Adapter should be capable of putting enough current to charge battery and provide enough current to power router /modem. So if modem is 1amp and battery is charged at 500 ma then adapter should be 1.5amps capable. There is a also another thing to consider that is battery charge management.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

if battery continuously goes to 5 6 v, in half hour.. your battery is probably damaged now.

adapters damage the batteries and fail to provide a stable output over a longer period of time, explains why your setup worked great initially and went down hill from then on.

i too faced this problem initially. I have since then purchased at 3-step SLA charger (Suoer:brand) it is rated at 5Amps but you can charge any smaller battery with it. i have a spare one if you want to try before purchasing a new one let me know.

[quote=“djayz, post:6, topic:22222”]

adapters damage the batteries and fail to provide a stable output over a longer period of time, explains why your setup worked great initially and went down hill from then on.

i too faced this problem initially. I have since then purchased at 3-step SLA charger (Suoer:brand) it is rated at 5Amps but you can charge any smaller battery with it. i have a spare one if you want to try before purchasing a new one let me know.

[/quote]

Will this charger run the devices too??

How much for this charger?

Where u live?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Will this charger run devices too??

I am not sure what you mean by "devices" i am assuming you're refering to a 12v ptcl modem which.. If used in parallel to the 12V SLA batteries It will run both.

Inbox me your details i will send it to you for free.

Where do you live?
Johar Town, Lahore.

[quote=“djayz, post:8, topic:22222”]

Will this charger run devices too??

I am not sure what you mean by “devices” i am assuming you’re refering to a 12v ptcl modem which… If used in parallel to the 12V SLA batteries It will run both.

Inbox me your details i will send it to you for free.

Where do you live?
Johar Town, Lahore.

[/quote]

yeah by devices, i mean the dsl modem and tplink router. and I think if the adapter’s rating is 12v and atleast 2.5amp it will be able to run both devices as well as charge the battery.

Thanks for your concern man, pm’d u my details.

By the way i’m from Hyderabad.