DSL/internet light stable but no browsing

salam,

when the router is restarted it shows disconnect status even when all the lights went stable , then i have to restart the router again to get the connection status connected , after restarting several time it gets connected , i have facing this problem from a month , ptcl technicians are failed to resolve it , can u help me plz,, thnx

Please share your line statistics.It can be your faulty line/pair ,youre on copper network or fiber optic?

its optic fiber ,, can u tell me which statistics i share here ?

Mode:

ADSL_2plus

Traffic Type:

ATM

Up

Link Power State:

L0

Downstream

Upstream

Line Coding(Trellis):

On

On

SNR Margin (0.1 dB):

Attenuation (0.1 dB):

Output Power (0.1 dBm):

Attainable Rate (Kbps):

Path 0

Downstream

Upstream

Rate (Kbps):

</p>

Stats are perfect , seems like modem is the culprit,i was having TPLINK modem and it used to show DSL ,internet lights but there was no browsing ,restarting/hard/soft didn't work for me..i got modem from ptcl and its working,I am still having that tplink modem and its not working,it stopped suddenly .. you should visit the OSS and ask them to replace this piece of junk,its messing around.Tell them to refresh your port from exchange too.These kind of problems are very rare on MSAG(ONU) network

I totally agree with KODER Your lines stats r perfect. Ask your area lineman to change the device.

thanx ..

Hello!

If you haven't arranged for another device yet ... you might try:

- The relevant log info in this case is the PPP one (you might have to enable logging on the device)

- Sometimes your session may 'hang' ... your username password won't work for a while ... until the previous session expires/terminates ... this is especially true for people who convert from copper to fiber

- You may complain for authentication problem and have tech support change your login info (usually the password)

Regards,

Ahmed

[quote=“ahmedfarazch, post:8, topic:20841”]

Hello!

If you haven't arranged for another device yet ... you might try:

- The relevant log info in this case is the PPP one (you might have to enable logging on the device)

- Sometimes your session may 'hang' ... your username password won't work for a while ... until the previous session expires/terminates ... this is especially true for people who convert from copper to fiber

- You may complain for authentication problem and have tech support change your login info (usually the password)

Regards,

Ahmed

[/quote]

I agree to Ahmed's point

DSL is dead slow today. Took me 5mins just to open this forum and login. Torrents not working at all. Line stats are fine. Looks like some other problem with PeeTCL.