DSL drops on recieving a phoneCall

I'm having this issue from a few days , everytime telephone rings i recieve it , DSL drops. I put the phone back and DSL satarts working again. It is a strange problem i wonder if this is a problem at my end or its peeTCL.

PLease help.

may be the splitter has lived its life.

yes its a splitter issue

Agreed! i had the same issue some time baq and my line man advised me to change the splitter. Please change it

its not necessarily a splitter problem....it can be due to faulty line pairs.

To check whether its splitter issue or line pairs:

1.Simply disconnect all the phones

2.Directly connect dsl modem to phone line, without splitter

3.Now call on your DSL line number, from your mobile

If DSL disconnects then its due to faulty line pairs, if it does not then its splitter issue.

^I checked, its a #$%^ up line pair. Now i'll have to go to that cursed place!

What could be my problem ? I get desyncs every now & then + sometimes when phone rings or I pick up the phone's receiver or put it back down :/

my SNR goes crazy like 0 to 2147483643 changing all the times

its efed up pair issue....can be resolved from the cabinet....only one cheeta can do it..."lineman"

and how do u get to talk 2 this 'lineman' ? lol

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

and how do u get to talk 2 this ‘lineman’ ? lol
[/quote]

wid famous !@#$ style “bahi chia pani lagao”

and how do u get to talk 2 this ‘lineman’ ? lol
[/quote]

lolz you don’t know how to contact a lineman then you might be an Alien. :)

I got his mobilephone number on the first meeting.

Ahmsun they got several sims :P The best way to get him is to visit the exchange early in the morning(9am) & make him come with you to the cabinet :D

What could be my problem ? I get desyncs every now & then + sometimes when phone rings or I pick up the phone’s receiver or put it back down :confused:

my SNR goes crazy like 0 to 2147483643 changing all the times

[/quote]

If you see crazy SNR, like -ve values, of sky high, try changing the modem. Its what RouterTech people advised.

Which one are you using?

well some thing happening to me :( i cant use Both things at a time :S Only DSL or Phone :(

I change Spilter and Wire ETC none of them Work

But I dont see Crazy SNR

any suggestion ?

If you see crazy SNR, like -ve values, of sky high, try changing the modem. Its what RouterTech people advised.

Which one are you using?

[/quote]

I have D-Link DSL-524T (UK Version) with Firmware upgrade of DSL-624T.

Modulation: ADSL_ANSI_T1.413 (if I use ADSL_G.DMT, my router doesn’t Sync to normal data rates)

I have been using this since last 4 years and I have 0 problems. I have PTCL since 1 year, but this crazy SNR issue came after the monsoon rains.

Ahmsun they got several sims :P The best way to get him is to visit the exchange early in the morning(9am) & make him come with you to the cabinet :D
[/quote]

I know his house address.

BUT the current problem is that how would i know that which line pair is best for me?

^^ you can only figure that out by trial and error

hmmm.......you mean i'll have to do it again and again until i get to a proper pair. Thats frustrating.

Its raining here, i won't find the lineman tomorrow , because whenever it rains next is confirm "Chutti" of lineman.I'll have to wait now.

actually when they change line pairs they confirm from the user by calling them, whether their issue was solved or not, so its most likely that your issue will be resolved in one go.

My problem is solved. Thanks for help everybody.

Now i'm waiting for peeTCL to upgrade my broadband connection to 4mb.