DSL Broadband system to be suspended on 5th in Lahore

LAHORE: The Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has planned to upgrade its PIE/ITI system to improve the customer experience, for which purpose its DSL Broadband service will remain suspended in Lahore on Monday, May 5, 2008 from 5:00am to 7:00am.

The expansion of the system is scheduled at the time when Broadband traffic is the lowest so that there is minimum impact on the DSL customers.

Source: http://thepost.com.pk/CityNewsT.aspx?dtlid=159178&catid=3

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

LAHORE: The Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has planned to upgrade its PIE/ITI system to improve the customer experience, for which purpose its DSL Broadband service will remain suspended in Lahore on Monday, May 5, 2008 from 5:00am to 7:00am.

The expansion of the system is scheduled at the time when Broadband traffic is the lowest so that there is minimum impact on the DSL customers.

Source: http://thepost.com.pk/CityNewsT.aspx?dtlid=159178&catid=3

[/quote]

its not for the customers sake but for pta’s sake

so they can block youtube more efficiently

Heh interesting point of view.

But what "customer experience" is this, may I ask?

well who cares really... most probably there is no electricity at that time in my area :D ... but does it effect other dsl services or only ptcl dsl users only??

well who cares really… most probably there is no electricity at that time in my area :D … but does it effect other dsl services or only ptcl dsl users only??
[/quote]

well it will effect all the traffic that is being routed through the PIE

Why would they block youtube?They don't have better things to do?

Why would they block youtube?They don’t have better things to do?
[/quote]

well you answered your own question

they cant do anything better like fighting with ptcl on the basis of looting customers

wel i think it would hav gone fine even if they didnt told the pres or anyone about it

i dont think anyone use net at these times[i am using ufone halva at this time(check time stamp) and its trafic is also routed through pie server but its workin more than fine now....real nice speed

and what kinda upgrade they are gona make in two hours

2 saal se tau kuch howa nai 2 hours main kia ker lain gay

@Shoukat: You write a one or two lines in Roman Urdu in every post. Please try to stick to English to try and maintain some sort of standard on the forum.