Dry batteries are more good?

Anybody knows if using dry battery with UPS makes longer timing? and speedy charging?

@AdnanBhai

You know a phrase: "Sochi Pya Tay Banda Gya"

Don't waste your time over thinking such ideas. I have seen you in other threads in which you are searching for compressor to convert SUI gas, here you looking for dry batteries and this search will never end.

Bro a sincere suggestion. Get a Desi 1000 watt UPS with two AGS 195amp batteries. Make sure that the UPS is made through pure copper. Tell the guy to made an uninterruptible UPS which could support my computer. This setup will not cost you more then Rs.30,000.

Many people will give you suggestions but at the end of the day you have to spent money and you will be the only one who gonna see the consequences. So, go for the setup that I have suggested you.

I am also using this setup from last one and half year. It's very reliable and never creates any problem.

But choice is yours what to do and what not to do.

From a maintenance and longevity point of view, dry/sealed batteries are better.

but they are more expensive.

And also they go bust, repairing them is more "technical". I would recommend deep cycle battery instead of these dry batteries

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

but they are more expensive.
[/quote]

Compare 6-9 months life of wet battery to 2.5-5 years for good quality SLA batteries (not the Chinese junk).

^German made ?

^ Taiwanese or some Korean brands.

This type http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VRLA ?

@AdnanBhai

You know a phrase: "Sochi Pya Tay Banda Gya"

Don’t waste your time over thinking such ideas. I have seen you in other threads in which you are searching for compressor to convert SUI gas, here you looking for dry batteries and this search will never end.

Bro a sincere suggestion. Get a Desi 1000 watt UPS with two AGS 195amp batteries. Make sure that the UPS is made through pure copper. Tell the guy to made an uninterruptible UPS which could support my computer. This setup will not cost you more then Rs.30,000.

Many people will give you suggestions but at the end of the day you have to spent money and you will be the only one who gonna see the consequences. So, go for the setup that I have suggested you.

I am also using this setup from last one and half year. It’s very reliable and never creates any problem.

But choice is yours what to do and what not to do.

[/quote]

But problem is that I am suffering from intense load shedding… around 14 hours a day and now you know that rest of the time is not enough to charge batteries and pay me back.

That’s why I am looking for some alternative solution.

btw I am also suffering from 16 hours gas load shedding too.

If I can find some batteries which can charge fast and give longer timing then the problem can be solved to greater extent.

I am also facing 8-10 hrs loadshedding. 500watt PSU Desktop Computer running. A digital receiver, 13 inch TV, 2 tube lights and one energy saver are running in these days. I never ever faced problem. It has become a myth only that batteries will not get charge. Get 2 batteries of 195amp it will solve the problem.

This type http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VRLA ?
[/quote]

Yes.

I am also facing 8-10 hrs loadshedding. 500watt PSU Desktop Computer running. A digital receiver, 13 inch TV, 2 tube lights and one energy saver are running in these days. I never ever faced problem. It has become a myth only that batteries will not get charge. Get 2 batteries of 195amp it will solve the problem.
[/quote]

But I have load of 3500 W.

Do you know any VRLA type battery of 195A?

I know of YUSAS batteries (used ones) available in market which are of 100A but it costs Rs 8000.

btw VRLA get charged fast?

FOr such load use generator. Else use more than one UPS with different appliances.

^^ Yes trying to figure out which kind of generator would be ok for me.

i) local made (gas)

ii) motor car powered one

iii) imported but used one

or brand new one.

I think I should run my ACs on generator too if I go for genset then my total load would be around 10000W.

Yes.

[/quote]

Any one know of any brands for such batteries available locally ? I have seen some semi-dry Homage batteris in the market , are they same thing or no ?

I ready to spend more money for some thing maintenance free and that could give me like 2 to 2.5 years tension free working.

A good SLA/VRLA single 12V battery like those from CSB and/or HAZE of 100AH capacity would cost above PKR20K.

It's too much I think :)

Few month used battery of YUSAS 100A is available for around Rs 7000.

I know I am reviving an old thread but just wanted to know where I can get Dry Batteries in Rawalpindi / Islamabad. I want to avoid fake and cheap ones. Looking for Yuasa and Leoch but not sure who are authorized dealers here. Any info will be appreciated.