Driving license test coming up ... any advices?

hello guisezzz ..

so my driving test is coming up pretty soon, and I would like to get some advice from ppl who have taken that driving test recently. So if you failed, talk about that and if u passed, well talk about that too!

So what do you guyz suggest are the most important things that one shud be prepared for. Also, are the police guys friendly and lenient there hehe ...

thanks.

ps: test is in lahore ..

[quote=“ab3399, post:, topic:”]

hello guisezzz …

so my driving test is coming up pretty soon, and I would like to get some advice from ppl who have taken that driving test recently. So if you failed, talk about that and if u passed, well talk about that too!

So what do you guyz suggest are the most important things that one shud be prepared for. Also, are the police guys friendly and lenient there hehe …

thanks.

ps: test is in lahore …

[/quote]

hey could you share the whole applying procedure as I’m also looking for getting one made too.

-never forget to fasten seatbelt

- Steer smoothly

-Accelerate smoothly and moderately

-Always be sure your vehicle is in the correct gear (manual transmission)

-Keep an adequate space "cushion" between your vehicle and those you are following

-Let other drivers and pedestrians know which way you want to go. Use your directional signals or horn consistently and at the proper times

-Anticipate possible driving errors by others and react with your middle finger up to them or give a big shout &#^&$ *$#& *#%$ to make up for their mistakes

You PASSED

The seat belt thing is must..

BTW ever come to take ISB driving test. It's cruel !

anybody here holds international driving license? :)

hello guisezzz …

So what do you guyz suggest are the most important things that one shud be prepared for. Also, are the police guys friendly and lenient there hehe …

thanks.

[/quote]

Its easy,just concentrate.Use the mirrors when you’re reversing the car.Wear the seat belt and that’s it & before going get the traffic sign board book from any traffic police station or stationary .Go through it,they do ask about signs.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: lolz lolz lolz diction to get you fail :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

proper way to reversing the car is use its rear window not side mirrors :D :D :D

Scroll up and read --I didn't say anything regarding rear or side mirrors.I wrote mirrors only.The way I've been taught was to look at your side view mirrors first to make sure nothing is on the sides of the car then look at the rear view. If it's clear then look over your shoulder when your ready to backup.That's it.

[quote=“armada, post:7, topic:16817”]

proper way to reversing the car is use its rear window not side mirrors :D :smiley: :D
[/quote]

Who taught you this way of reversing a vehicle ? One would fail in a driving test if doing so.

[quote=“koder, post:8, topic:16817”]

Scroll up and read --I didn’t say anything regarding rear or side mirrors.I wrote mirrors only.

[/quote]

You are 100% right. All three mirrors are actually needed. I personally feel handicapped if any of the mirrors is not there due to any reason. I wonder how people fold the side view mirrors and keep driving even reversing the cars.

so my driving test is coming up pretty soon, and I would like to get some advice from ppl who have taken that driving test recently.

[/quote]

Always stop at zebra crossing when pedestrians are using it. On zebra crossing, pedestrian have right of way.

When joining a main road from a sub road (taking a left turn), always slow down and look to right and stop if you think someone coming from right side will have to break due to you joining the main road.

When confused about right of way, the vehicle on your right has always the right of way. He must go first and then you should.

Don’t use horn unless someone is violating. Using horn to make your way is illegal.

Never use horn to alert old people, you should stop and let them pass first. If really necessary, accelerate your engine few times or use horn for a fraction of a second only so that they get alert of approaching vehicle. (This may not be a traffic rule but would feel like an honor to anyone)

In a round about, the vehicles already in round about have right of way. You should not enter if there is a vehicle coming in round about from your right hand side.

Sometimes the driving test examiners silently watch what you are doing, so follow these rules not only during the test but for the rest of your life.

All the best…

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:2, topic:16817”]

hey could you share the whole applying procedure as I’m also looking for getting one made too.

[/quote]

check this http://picturepush.com/public/7990301

its printed on the back of my learner’s license.

the forms that u have to get and fill before you go for the final driving test (i got this from kacheyhri):

http://picturepush.com/public/7990515

http://picturepush.com/public/7990516

and http://picturepush.com/public/7990517

to get your learner’s: goto any nearby police station (scary I know!!) and ask them if they have the facility to issue learner’s license, if they dont, they will redirect you to a place nearby that has that facility.

hello guisezzz …

thanks.

[/quote]

If it would be Karachi then there is only one method to get a license and that is pay some money and get passed in everything otherwise even if you are 100% cleared in everything but havent paid the amount then you are definitely 100% failed. Only few of them might have got the license w/o paying anything.