Downstream!

Hey guyz i just ordered my ptcl dsl connection (256kbps national package) and when i opened the interface of the modem the downstream is 4092KBPS i think this downstream shows an 4mb connection but when i downloaded something i was getting 32kbps that i was supposed to get on 256kbps connection can some one plz help that how can i get the download speeds of 4mb connection as shown by the downstream rate that is 4092kbps

Thanks.

Simple, you call the helpline and tell them to upgrade the connection for you and you will pay the monthly charges of 4Mbps. Any other method to get 4Mbps while paying for 256kbps, not possible and MOST probably illegal.

Can't you get over with it...why are you demanding something you are not paying for...?

Ya but i was just asking that why the downstream is 4092 it should be 256 so does it mean that i can get 4mb download speeds

it does not increase your speed i am on 1 mb but my downstream rate is 6144 which is 6mb but i receive the speed of 1mbps. in short to explain that you are demanding water flow of 1 liter per hour but if your pipe size is increased to 4 inches it does not mean that you can get 4 liter per hour pipe size is increased but the flow of the water is same..

[quote=“usamamustafa, post:5, topic:14792”]

it does not increase your speed i am on 1 mb but my downstream rate is 6144 which is 6mb but i receive the speed of 1mbps. in short to explain that you are demanding water flow of 1 liter per hour but if your pipe size is increased to 4 inches it does not mean that you can get 4 liter per hour pipe size is increased but the flow of the water is same…

[/quote]

Are you receiving bill amount of 6Mb or 1Mb on it…

Pay for 4mb & get 4mb.

[quote=“abdullahaftab, post:, topic:”]

Hey guyz i just ordered my ptcl dsl connection (256kbps national package) and when i opened the interface of the modem the downstream is 4092KBPS i think this downstream shows an 4mb connection but when i downloaded something i was getting 32kbps that i was supposed to get on 256kbps connection can some one plz help that how can i get the download speeds of 4mb connection as shown by the downstream rate that is 4092kbps

Thanks.

[/quote]

Your port is set to 4mbps, but that doesn’t mean you will actually get 4mbps - ptcl use multiple methods to limit speeds, btw why you need 4mbps speed? your package is capped to 1GB download. With 4mbps it will be gone in minutes :D