Download Windows 7 RC edition for free ! :)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

That is another thing about Windows. I wouldn't test a beta or RC version on my pc, unlike Ubuntu ;)

Seriously, I haven't even installed Vista yet because of driver and software compatibility issues etc, who will try Windows 7?

i had used their beta release and the experience was great...........yes there are issues with drivers but it was more stable and faster than XP.......graphics were better than vista........

downloading the RC version and will install on my spare drive :)

windows 7 is awesome ... using it from almost three weeks and never faced single problem , vista suks big time :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

windows 7 is awesome … using it from almost three weeks and never faced single problem , vista suks big time :)
[/quote]

totally agree wid u dear…

Why do people compare windows xp and 7 I mean xp is pretty much outdated now and comparing it with a new OS is pretty much useless you might as well say that windows 7 is better than windows 98 :P

Windows 7 is an "upgrade" or "next version" of Windows Vista. Therefore, Windows 7 is internally compatible with Windows Vista. Hardware limitations (requirements) is also same as Windows Vista.

In other words, Windows 7 is improved version of Windows Vista.

More properly, Windows 7 is what Windows Vista was intended to be.

That's why jumping from Windows XP to Windows 7 make sense. By the way, Windows 7 is quite stable operating system.

Of course it should be stable because Windows code should mature after so many years and so many version. This is sixth or seven version in the line of Windows NT. Typically a software starts to get mature after third or fourth version.

Windows and Gates sucks!

Use Linux!!! :)

^ Took the words right from me :D

Windows and Gates sucks!

[/quote]

hmm…yet i wonder why linux still has 1% marketshare…

Get real, to the average user, linux is a pain in the ass and is pretty complicated for a newbie.

Well, I will go out on a limb and say that for average user who doesn't know much about computers, Windows is a hell lot more pain everywhere when it comes to security, compatibility and reliability. I have myself been fixing friends/relatives' PCs for years now, and you just can't rule out fixing and maintaining windows when comparing with Linux. 80% or more users in Pakistan will have to get their windows fixed, in one way or another, after about a month on average. If they are stubborn, they'll be the ones who cry about slow system, corrupt files and so called hacking of their accounts, partly thanks to Internet explorer.

The point to note is that most Computer users learn or use Windows as their first OS. And to migrate to another OS, like Linux, seems difficult for them. If they had started out on Linux from start, they would not be worried about much.

Windows and Gates sucks!

[/quote]

There are/were some versions of Windows that really suck. If they (Microsoft) kept on the line of Windows XP then Windows Vista and Windows 7 could work great that could work even low hardware. But they wanted to make it fat and they made very fat Windows Vista.

Gates suck as much as Linus Torvalds, Steve Jobs and Scott McNealy. In other words, they don’t sucks. They and many other great computer guys have done something for humanity that is comparable to internal combustion engine of last century or agriculture 10,000 years ago.

Linux is pretty good OS. Some flavors of linux are bulky and fat but great. Windows Vista is so fat that it count as obese.

End line: BSD Rules! and Microkernel is the future.

The point to note is that most Computer users learn or use Windows as their first OS. And to migrate to another OS, like Linux, seems difficult for them. If they had started out on Linux from start, they would not be worried about much.

[/quote]

yeah you are right…but the thing is that learning curve for linux is much bigger than of windows…and people who can’t even use windows properly, for them using even the most user friendly linux distros can be complicated.

yeah you are right…but the thing is that learning curve for linux is much bigger than of windows…and people who can’t even use windows properly, for them using even the most user friendly linux distros can be complicated.

[/quote]

Fallacy! Ubuntu is simpler than windows for many tasks and there is less of a learning curve if not the same. It’s just that the software (pirated) that everyone else is using often needs workarounds. The biggest factor is that of big common games as they either need software like wine + patches or do not work at all.

For a non-gamer though, or for those who can stick to open-source games only, it’s a very usable OS.

Getting back to Windows 7, there have been some improvements from the usability perspective, and somewhat speed - though lab tests fail to confirm it. Given the hype that they’re creating, it’s going in the right direction. First disappoint the fanboys with a failure, then come with an average OS to allow the fanboys to go gaga over it. ;) Not a bad long-term strategy I say, even if it wasn’t intentional :rolleyes:

hey man wats wrong...i downloaded it ...but on 99% a fatal error occured now ive to download it again...Bull S****t...! wats wrong eh?

hey man wats wrong…i downloaded it …but on 99% a fatal error occured now ive to download it again…Bull S****t…! wats wrong eh?
[/quote]

download it from torrents. :D

last time the beta one...i downloaded it through torrents but wen i installed it the windows was DAMN slow and i'd to wait for about 20mins for first startup .....n then a 15min wait on every next boot...was it cuz microsoft stopped from giving more downloads?

I am using Vista Home Premium with a superb speed....n was shocked to see such slow windows seven despite of reading about its speed n other awsome features on this forum...

hey all...Win7 is awesome especially booting n runnig .....but theres a prob tht iwas using vista previously on D...n did my Win7 on C: and now there is bootmgr prob....Win7 directly starts rather then a boot menu..how to resolve this issue ..kindly reply

yar i m facing only one problem "flickering" my laptop screen start flickering sometime , task bar some time display get wired , i have latest drivers but some time this happens i dont like this thing any solutions ??

b carefuller, it is beta and betas always have some work to be done