Download Windows 7, 8 or 10 directly from Microsoft

Every once in a while i see someone asking for help with Windows Installation media, so here's a little guide for the oblivious. I'm not gonna link you to any torrents, rather tell you a legit way to download it. Yes that means you can officially download legit Windows ISOs from Mircosoft and use it (you'll need your method of activation though, whatever that may be).

Windows 7 SP1:

First I'd like to credit , as i learnt this from him.

You simply need to click on one the following links and the download will begin:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[/quote]

These are all official Microsoft Windows ISOs hosted on Microsoft's DigitalRiver server. Just download and install, they're completely safe!

Windows 8.1:

This one's my own finding (ramdom search sprees).

Who would've thought you could download the latest (current) OS from MS themselves, but you can! You don't even need MSDN subscription or anything like that!

So, first you need to download a small utility from MS here.

Then run that file, it is basically a download customization tool that lets you choose which language/version/architecture of Windows 8.1 you want to download. Once you've chosen, it will download your selected ISO from Microsoft's servers and you can use it.

Unfortunately unlike Windows 7 links, you cannot download these with download accelerators, so you're gonna have to settle with the utility's download speed. Also, it takes additional time after download finishes for some verification tasks. In the end, you get the real thing though.

So there goes, legit Windows 8.1 right from Microsoft!

----------

Hope you guys found this useful. Take care & keep sharing the goodies! B)

hemm looks interesting ... gona download today :)

G O A dil khush kita e babar shera :wub::lol:

Great stuff on Windows 7. Bookmarked.

Dude you rock.. was about to download 8.1, but wanted to utilize the 6MBPS download speed right now at this time of post for COD and AC torrents you gave me..i have limited time.. so will try my luck some other time with 8.1 :)

A complete list of direct download links to various editions of Windows 7 from Microsoft/Digital River is available at

http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links

On a somewhat related note, this should be useful for those interested in Microsoft Office 2013

http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/73-office-2013-direct-download-links

Check more at
http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft

So I've installed this on one of my PCs and can confirm that it works 100%. One thing I'd like to point out though is that you're going to need a product key while installing, it's not like those pirated ISOs you downloaded before that let you skip the product-key entry and just complete the installation, this legit thing asks for the product key and doesn't let you proceed until you put in a correct key in. Fortunately for me, i 'found' some keys on the internet and was able to complete the installation.

So basically, if you plan to install these ISOs, make sure 'find' your own keys beforehand and have them ready while installing windows.

-----

After installation though, everything works flawlessly though, i was also able to activate it the same method as any other Win 8 copy. The updates are available. It's all good.

I personally think it's running faster than my previous Win 8 copy, but that's probably because the previous release was pre-updated. In any case, I'm gonna recommend this release of Windows over the ones you 'find' on the internet. Cheers! B)

^^^ Enterprise Edition won't ask for any key during install.

@Upsilon I'm downloading ultimate 7 would it require key during installation? And from where i can find one?

[quote=“armada, post:9, topic:21846”]

@Upsilon I'm downloading ultimate 7 would it require key during installation? And from where i can find one?

[/quote]

7 will give you the option to skip, so you can complete installation without key.

And then use your activation method on it.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:7, topic:21846”]

After installation though, everything works flawlessly though, i was also able to activate it the same method as any other Win 8 copy. The updates are available. It's all good.

I personally think it's running faster than my previous Win 8 copy, but that's probably because the previous release was pre-updated. In any case, I'm gonna recommend this release of Windows over the ones you 'find' on the internet. Cheers! B)

[/quote]

I am wondering, did you get the latest ISO this way??

That big a$$ 700MB november update is preintegrated in it or it showed up in optional windows updates??

^ Well, it does come with the update 1 pre-installed, which i can tell just by looking at the power-button on the metro screen, but the November update you're talking about is not integrated in it.

I personally don't mind though, I'm not even gonna bother updating, these updates seem like unnecessary waste of space to me.

^^^ That's what i suspected as Microsoft is keeping their latest ISOs reserved for MSDN users only.

Those ISOs have this update and many others pre-integrated.

After the update 3 based ISO (en_windows_8.1_enterprise_with_update_x64_dvd_6054382) install

Just to update, as of February Windows 7 ISOs are no longer available on Microsoft Digital River links provided above.

The Page or File You Requested Could Not Be Provided

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.

I think this has something to do with Windows 7 End of Mainstream Support in January 2015 as MS want people to move to Windows 8.1.

Sucks, but it may be temporary as these links have been deactivated and reactivated many times throughout the recent years.

In any case, the Win 8.1 Download tool is working, and personally i would recommend Win 8.1 over Win 7 any day of the week...