Downgrading Nokia 5610's firmware?

Is there anyway i can downgrade the firmware of a Nokia 5610 express music mobile phone? The reason i want to do that is that i upgraded my firmware and since then whenever i take a picture the shutter sound comes from the speaker.. There is no option to turn it off either.. I did a little research and i found out that Nokia added this because of Privacy.. So basically you cant take anyone else's picture without them knowing it.. Thats why the shutter sound will now always go off whenever you take a pic.

Its just really annoying me and whenever i take a picture it creates a loud shutter sound and disturbs everyone around me.. :P.. Is there anyway i can go back to the old firmware and get rid of this shutter sound ?

Have you tried taking pics in Silent mode instead of the General mode?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Have you tried taking pics in Silent mode instead of the General mode?
[/quote]

Yeap that doesnt help either.

They’ve basically made it so that no one can take anyone’s pictures without their knowledge… I also reset the settings back to the factory settings and that didnt help either… Instead i ended up losing all my contacts lol…

Damn....

What is your current Firmware version? and/or what was your previous Firmware version?

You may have to forcefully reflash your software to another locale's version. AFAIK, phones in Hong Kong (and several other parts of the world) make it mandatory for the camera shutter to sound when taking a picture - but certain firmwares designated for other parts of the world don't have this "forced sound".

What is your current Firmware version? and/or what was your previous Firmware version?
[/quote]

I am not sure what was my previous firmware… current one is V 4.81

You may have to forcefully reflash your software to another locale’s version. AFAIK, phones in Hong Kong (and several other parts of the world) make it mandatory for the camera shutter to sound when taking a picture - but certain firmwares designated for other parts of the world don’t have this “forced sound”.
[/quote]

Any idea which locale’s firmware i should download then?

I am not sure what was my previous firmware… current one is V 4.81
[/quote]

4.81??? Is that the latest version?

Check this out: http://xpressmusic.wordpress.com/2009/01/18/nokia-5610-v940-firmware/

Update your phone again, it might solve your problem.

4.81??? Is that the latest version?

Check this out: http://xpressmusic.wordpress.com/2009/01/18/nokia-5610-v940-firmware/

Update your phone again, it might solve your problem.

[/quote]

Im not sure… because i updated the firmware and then i reset my phone to factory settings so i dont know if it reverted back to the old firmware or what but what i do know is that in the firmware i had when i bought this phone, I didnt have to worry about the shutter sound… but the sound is still coming even after resetting to factory settings…

Anyway ill try your link hopefully it will work

Updated but still doesnt work :(

^ Damn, What firmware is it now?

Its 9.4 now..

Isnt there some sort of software or something which i could install which could stop the shutter sound? Ive looked for it, Couldnt find it though

^ I found something.... :D

Try this out: http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia-Graphics/Utilities/cCam-45636.shtml

But.. 5610 isnt symbian so.. :(..

Appreciate you going through the trouble to find that

Off topic but do you know any website to check the value of mobile phones in pakistan ?

^ Yes, http://www.whatmobile.com.pk/

@alamode

Why downgrade? Try changing your cellphone's product code to "Euro 2" (a.k.a. "Euro Zone 2"). Then install/upgrade firmware.

1) Download and install NSS and change your cellphone's product code.

2) Download and install NSU and update/upgrade your cellphone's firmware.

Hopefully, Euro 2's product code will solve your shutter sound problem.

You'll need to Google to get reliable Euro 2 product code, or any other zone's product code in which shutter sound is silent in Silent profile.

Nice, Thanks ill try that.