DotFree wants to give away .free domains

What ARE .FREE DOMAINS?

Who is behind .FREE?

The initiative for the top-level domain .free is supported by a variety of companies and individuals and is the first initiative for domains which will be 100% free. The .free top-level domain will give people from all over the world the chance to own their free second-level domain and offers companies the chance to market their products with the .free domain extension. The .free community is managed by the dotFree Group s.r.o. – a Czech start-up company, but also of supporters spread around the world and of people who support the idea of freedom.

Why are .FREE domains introduced?

The number of Internet users in being increased every day. In the world of the improved technology, it is almost impossible to find needed information without the usage of internet. Each day more and more web sites are registered online, and it is almost impossible for one to register his/her website under a desirable name, since all the original names are already taken. That is why new domains are created. However, in order for You to register Your website, You need to pay a certain amount of money. That is not going to be the case with .FREE.

Are .FREE domains really free?

.FREE is going to be a generic Top Level Domain (gTLD), which is going to be available for free, as the name itself says. Individuals, companies, organizations, groups, etc. are going to be able to register their .FREE website under a desirable name. .FREE is a very interesting domain name, and people who are visiting Your website will be able to see that You are offering a product/service for free. Example Domains: www.musicfor.free, www.movies4.free, www.software.free, www.yourname.free, www.brand.free. (which, of course, does not have to be the case).

http://www.dotfree.com

But we can't transfer that ".free" domain to another hosting company and i think it'll be dotfree.com's property, not ours! :P

may be asmar you are right but for any type conclusion we have to wait nd for brands it will be a big issue you pointed out

I still don't understand WHY they'd give away domains for free. If the market for a product is increasing every day, you'd have to have a pretty good reason for gifting your merchandise away. What are they getting out of it? I'm too cynical to believe business decisions are motivated by ideology and "the goodness of their heart".

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I still don’t understand WHY they’d give away domains for free. If the market for a product is increasing every day, you’d have to have a pretty good reason for gifting your merchandise away. What are they getting out of it? I’m too cynical to believe business decisions are motivated by ideology and “the goodness of their heart”.
[/quote]

Definitely they have some business strategy and with time who knows they add premium features.

:P May be Donation Buttons

1 day and 7 hours are left

00 Days 01 Hours 42 Minutes 05 Seconds until .FREE preregistration opens.

Domains will be given in Mid 2012. WTF. . . . I got yahoo.free :P

It's disappointed that we have to wait for 2 years :( omg 2 years :'(

It’s disappointed that we have to wait for 2 years :( omg 2 years :’(
[/quote]

Premium domains and Brand names will not be given even if you pre-register, e.g. downloads.free, music.free, yahoo.free, youtube.free

why go for .free domains when .com or .info domains cost only $9 and 2.9$ dollars, i mean go for a .info or .com domain because you own it!

Got these domains preregistered:

airplanes.free PREREGISTERED

blogs.free PREREGISTERED

dir.free PREREGISTERED

everythingis.free PREREGISTERED

everythings.free PREREGISTERED

fairytales.free PREREGISTERED

geeta.free PREREGISTERED

gmail.free PREREGISTERED

googles.free PREREGISTERED

hangaround.free PREREGISTERED

ilm.free PREREGISTERED

learnings.free PREREGISTERED

mame.free PREREGISTERED

nothingis.free PREREGISTERED

nukes.free PREREGISTERED

onetwo.free

p-a-k.free PREREGISTERED

Quran.free PREREGISTERED

Shoppings.free PREREGISTERED

searchengine.free PREREGISTERED

shippings.free PREREGISTERED

skypephones.free PREREGISTERED

skypes.free PREREGISTERED

stargate.free PREREGISTERED

stargates.free PREREGISTERED

stupids.free PREREGISTERED

timeis.free PREREGISTERED

u-r.free PREREGISTERED

u-s-a.free PREREGISTERED

u-s.free PREREGISTERED

u-tube.free PREREGISTERED

url.free PREREGISTERED

utube.free PREREGISTERED

whois.free PREREGISTERED

you-tube.free PREREGISTERED

youtube.free PREREGISTERED

youtubes.free

^ you got these domains preregistered? I mean i can still register them :P and By the way Youtube.free is already registered by me last evening.

guys .com is on sale at godaddy for just 1.18$ , so why you people falling for this crappy .free offer , use SCARYONE to get discount.

I think after 2 years .free will not give you these preregistered domains.

Got these domains preregistered:

airplanes.free PREREGISTERED

blogs.free PREREGISTERED

dir.free PREREGISTERED

everythingis.free PREREGISTERED

everythings.free PREREGISTERED

fairytales.free PREREGISTERED

geeta.free PREREGISTERED

gmail.free PREREGISTERED

googles.free PREREGISTERED

hangaround.free PREREGISTERED

ilm.free PREREGISTERED

learnings.free PREREGISTERED

mame.free PREREGISTERED

nothingis.free PREREGISTERED

nukes.free PREREGISTERED

onetwo.free

p-a-k.free PREREGISTERED

Quran.free PREREGISTERED

Shoppings.free PREREGISTERED

searchengine.free PREREGISTERED

shippings.free PREREGISTERED

skypephones.free PREREGISTERED

skypes.free PREREGISTERED

stargate.free PREREGISTERED

stargates.free PREREGISTERED

stupids.free PREREGISTERED

timeis.free PREREGISTERED

u-r.free PREREGISTERED

u-s-a.free PREREGISTERED

u-s.free PREREGISTERED

u-tube.free PREREGISTERED

url.free PREREGISTERED

utube.free PREREGISTERED

whois.free PREREGISTERED

you-tube.free PREREGISTERED

youtube.free PREREGISTERED

youtubes.free

[/quote]

creating vip account is free but you have to pay a fee to use 5 extra domains and :( “gmail.free” is already pre-registred by me

^ nothing is free, why are you killing your time. Buy some eggs and a murgi. at least you can be sure you can have few more untill 2012

.FREE launch procedure

To make sure that every person and every company has a fair chance to register its own .FREE domain, the launch timetable of the .FREE domain registrations is organized in 4 different steps. The launch procedure is based on industry standards in order to protect the users of the .FREE gTLD. The .FREE launch timetable has four stages:

* Pre-Registration Period - This period will be open for anyone in the world and is expected to start on the 1st of November 2010. Interested individuals and companies can pre-register at no costs their desired .FREE domain names. Premuim domains and trademarks are not available during the pre-registration period and there is no guarantee that pre-registered domains will be assigned to the applicant at the beginning of the General Availability.

* Sunrise Period - This period is for brand owners who want their domain names to be the same as their trademark name. These domain names will be avaliable for those brand owners during the sunrise period. This allows companies to protect their registered trademarks. Same domain name applications will be arranged in an auction process.

* Landrush Period - The .FREE Landrush period starts at the end of the Sunrise period and will be open to interested individuals who plan to use the .FREE domain names for business purposes. Same domain name applications will be arranged in an auction process.

* General Availability - Just after the Sunrise period and Landrush period have ended .FREE domains will be available world wide through ICANN accredited registrars, our own resellers and on this website. Except for premium domains, .FREE will be available for free to the public on the first come, first choice principle.

If you have any questions concerning the .FREE launch procedure please contact us.

[/quote]

http://www.dotfree.com/launch.html

^ you got these domains preregistered? I mean i can still register them :P and By the way Youtube.free is already registered by me last evening.
[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
creating vip account is free but you have to pay a fee to use 5 extra domains and “gmail.free” is already pre-registred by me.
[/quote]

There’s surely a glitch in their systems, I did preregistered these domains yesterday and these were shown in my account as well. However, they’re not there anymore and they didn’t charge me anything for becoming a VIP member either, the limit of domains for VIP members was also 50 not 5 that’s how I came to preregister so many of them.

There’s surely a glitch in their systems, I did preregistered these domains yesterday and these were shown in my account as well. However, they’re not there anymore and they didn’t charge me anything for becoming a VIP member either, the limit of domains for VIP members was also 50 not 5 that’s how I came to preregister so many of them.

[/quote]

VIP Status Details:

no costs to upgrade to VIP status - just a few clicks and you are done

preregister up to 50 .FREE domain names with your account

VIP accounts will become paid accounts during the General Availablity [?]*

.FREE

Lmao then what the use of Making site :P if its free