Doritos Nacho cheese flavoured tortilla chips contains pork/beef enzymes?

Its the story of the previous week when i was enjoying the delicious Doritos Nacho cheese chips bought from Alfatah store.. but while eating them a thing popped up in my mind that i should search whether they are free from any haram substance.

So while searching, i read on the websites that these chips contains pork based enzymes.. I was surprised to see that since no website that came under my sight said that these chips are halal. The cheddar cheese is made from these enzymes based on the information of the websites. There may be other haram elements aswell in the chips :(

Most of all, i never had any hint in my mind that anything like that would be available in Pakistan so i stopped eating them and threw them away.

To confirm that, i also read on the chips what country were they from so i confirmed them to be a product of USA by reading the back of the chips because i thought that they might from some other country, like Saudia etc where the chips might be Halal.

just wanted to spread this information as people are not aware of this..

Edit: I just learned a lesson that we should not eat any imported product before doing a research on the permissibility.

eat local they are bit dirty but halal :rolleyes:

[quote=“armada, post:2, topic:14907”]

eat local they are bit dirty but halal :rolleyes:

[/quote]

hmmm… any member with more knowledge in islam could tell us what hallal really means 100% from quran and sunnah perspective, thanks

The same news/rumors had spread about lays, then they started writing halal on the packets. :P

Anyways, if you're that concerned about haram halal, switch to local products, buy chips from bakeries, they're better anyway cause they're made & sold daily, so they're fresh.

@ ThRiLLeR

I am not dis-crediting what you have mentioned but similar propaganda was launched against LAYS chips which turned out to be Rubbish.........

if you have pictures of the packet then please post it ....

and Also inform the seller where you purchased the packet from and save others from this Mis-Hap

lol such a non issue, with all s-hit going on this country and these grown a-ss men are worried about doritos, who cares dude.

all these guys talking about hallal and harram here, dude go look into your home kitchen how dirty you people are, i say it as pakistani we are the most unhygienic people in the face of the earth. i mean give me a break you go to local masjid to pray 90% of the people stink with body odor, visible dirty clothes and they are performing pray. unhygienic lifestyle is embedded in pakistani culture which something doesn't even register since its part of the culture

those doritos are more hallal than any local hallal food in pakistan given how dirty we are as people.

Same is the case with some flavours of pringles I reckon. However Just buy stuff that says 'Vegan Safe' on the box.

[quote=“ThRiLLeR, post:, topic:”]

Its the story of the previous week when i was enjoying the delicious Doritos Nacho cheese chips bought from Alfatah store… but while eating them a thing popped up in my mind that i should search whether they are free from any haram substance.

So while searching, i read on the websites that these chips contains pork based enzymes… I was surprised to see that since no website that came under my sight said that these chips are halal. The cheddar cheese is made from these enzymes based on the information of the websites. There may be other haram elements aswell in the chips :(

Most of all, i never had any hint in my mind that anything like that would be available in Pakistan so i stopped eating them and threw them away.

To confirm that, i also read on the chips what country were they from so i confirmed them to be a product of USA by reading the back of the chips because i thought that they might from some other country, like Saudia etc where the chips might be Halal.

just wanted to spread this information as people are not aware of this…

Edit: I just learned a lesson that we should not eat any imported product before doing a research on the permissibility.

[/quote]

- ok i read what you wrote, and i blame you 100% for it.

- ok alfalah you wrote i am assuming its one of those type supermarkets which caters to elite/rich of pakistan and they contain 100% grey market food products which are not intended for pakistan at all but are imported by upper tier baniyas.

- example of alfalah type super markets is like you walk in and for example ask for 100 gram nestle instant coffee and they put down 4 different 100 nestle instant coffees in front of you. and they tell you this crap…

1 this 100g nestle coffee is from england cost 350 rupees

2 this 100g nestle coffee is from singapore cost 300 rupees

3 this 100g nestle coffee is from indonesia cost 250 rupees

4 and this one is from pakistan (officially marketed) cost 210 rupees

- frito-lays has official presence in pakistan, did you buy one of those officially marketed in pakistan doritos, by your own admission answer is “NO”. so the way you wrote everything above seems like some kind of big conspiracy b-ullshit, your particular bag of doritos was never intended for pakistan its you who bought the grey market product.

IF ITS TO BLAME THEN ITS THE ALFALAH SUPERMARKET AND YOU TO BLAME ONLY. FOR THEM FOR IMPORTING ILLEGAL PRODUCT AND YOU FOR BUYING IT.

- i challenge everybody to prove me wrong if any of frito-lays products officially marketed in pakistan contains any harram stuff.

[quote=“ThRiLLeR, post:, topic:”]

Its the story of the previous week when i was enjoying the delicious Doritos Nacho cheese chips bought from Alfatah store… but while eating them a thing popped up in my mind that i should search whether they are free from any haram substance.

So while searching, i read on the websites that these chips contains pork based enzymes… I was surprised to see that since no website that came under my sight said that these chips are halal. The cheddar cheese is made from these enzymes based on the information of the websites. There may be other haram elements aswell in the chips :(

just wanted to spread this information as people are not aware of this…

[/quote]

Just don’t eat any junk food, pork enzymes or not, they are not good to human health anyway.

If you still want to eat, make em at home.

-

Come on guys, stop blaming me for a conspiracy or so.. lol

I don't have so much time to create conspiracies.

Don't trust me.. Goto Al-fatah store at Y block DHA lahore. Buy one, read the material and search yourself.

I am not here to hear such offensive comments, just wanted to aware u guys and thats the reply i got.

Ok don't trust me.. Each of you who says its a conspiracy, goto Alfatah store and buy one that says "product of USA" and then do your research.

And its Alfatah not Alfalah

And i have no information abt fritolay company in Pakistan. I can't say its Haram or Halal..

The product i bought was "product of USA"

Start eating Finger Chips, they are delicious and easy to make :)

100% حلال

Finger%20Chips.JPG

Also, i want to state that all information that i got confirming it haram is through the internet, so its just a matter of googling the respected chips, nothing special.

Lets just stops eating once and for all, even pigs breath in the same air as ours if you have such issues :D

Lawl, its funny I sound like an atheist, though I certainly am not.

Hey I found Halal Doritos from Arabia :P

www.doritosarabia.me

I reckon whatever Doritos I ate was produced in Saudia Arabia and I think there's no point that production company in KSA will use pork fat or enzymes instead Camel/Cow or Sheep must have been used

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0ook...

I'm gonna try my best to explain some things here...

IF/WHEN a foreign, non-Islamic, western company or brand name wants to introduce its products in Islamic countries there is a certain protocol.

1 - They have to register the company with certain Islamic foundations that keep an eye on their products, ingredients and quality.

2 - They have to get a certificate from the top brass at Saudi Arabia that the ingredients in their product are HALAL and that their production line is also in complete compliance with Islamic laws and blah blah

3 - Every product from the aforementioned company/brand is sent to a panel of doctors in Islamic countries for lab tests that these products are halal and stuff.

ONLY when all the above criteria is met the company / brand is allowed to manufacture / ship / advertise their products in Islamic countries.

So there is very very very very slim chance that you might have an offshore product.

Its all good and halal. Lays, Cheetos etc etc. EAT UP!

^really? This is Pakistan we are talking about.

This is Pakistan where people has no idea the meat they ate was of a Donkey or Bakra :lol: (specially in BIG cities)