[quote=“ThRiLLeR, post:, topic:”]
Its the story of the previous week when i was enjoying the delicious Doritos Nacho cheese chips bought from Alfatah store… but while eating them a thing popped up in my mind that i should search whether they are free from any haram substance.
So while searching, i read on the websites that these chips contains pork based enzymes… I was surprised to see that since no website that came under my sight said that these chips are halal. The cheddar cheese is made from these enzymes based on the information of the websites. There may be other haram elements aswell in the chips
Most of all, i never had any hint in my mind that anything like that would be available in Pakistan so i stopped eating them and threw them away.
To confirm that, i also read on the chips what country were they from so i confirmed them to be a product of USA by reading the back of the chips because i thought that they might from some other country, like Saudia etc where the chips might be Halal.
just wanted to spread this information as people are not aware of this…
Edit: I just learned a lesson that we should not eat any imported product before doing a research on the permissibility.
- ok i read what you wrote, and i blame you 100% for it.
- ok alfalah you wrote i am assuming its one of those type supermarkets which caters to elite/rich of pakistan and they contain 100% grey market food products which are not intended for pakistan at all but are imported by upper tier baniyas.
- example of alfalah type super markets is like you walk in and for example ask for 100 gram nestle instant coffee and they put down 4 different 100 nestle instant coffees in front of you. and they tell you this crap…
1 this 100g nestle coffee is from england cost 350 rupees
2 this 100g nestle coffee is from singapore cost 300 rupees
3 this 100g nestle coffee is from indonesia cost 250 rupees
4 and this one is from pakistan (officially marketed) cost 210 rupees
- frito-lays has official presence in pakistan, did you buy one of those officially marketed in pakistan doritos, by your own admission answer is “NO”. so the way you wrote everything above seems like some kind of big conspiracy b-ullshit, your particular bag of doritos was never intended for pakistan its you who bought the grey market product.
IF ITS TO BLAME THEN ITS THE ALFALAH SUPERMARKET AND YOU TO BLAME ONLY. FOR THEM FOR IMPORTING ILLEGAL PRODUCT AND YOU FOR BUYING IT.
- i challenge everybody to prove me wrong if any of frito-lays products officially marketed in pakistan contains any harram stuff.