Domain Name [Buying First Time]

I have a blog on blogspot and wanted to shift it to a custom domain, I thought it was going to be simple but guess what its not. I found many local domain name providers whom you can pay via online banking or check but none of them offer domain privacy.

And the problem with International domain name providers is that you need a PayPal/Credit card for buying a domain. And as a student I can't really get a credit card and Paypal is not available.

So any solution , or are there any reliable prepaid debit cards or something which can be used to buy a domain ? I checked out UBL Whizz Teen but I have been told against it, any alternatives ?

alternative..

me :)

pay me{via free bank deposit] i ll buy you a domain name .. from any website you say... name.com , namecheap.com , godaddy or whatever...

Actually I want to do it by myself, depending on someone else will always cause some problem sooner or later.

Check this

http://domains.rykhost.net/content.php?action=free_services

And who's the domain provider in this case? And what about the reliability factor and domain security?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Actually I want to do it by myself, depending on someone else will always cause some problem sooner or later.
[/quote]

how about you pay me and i can buy you a Virtual Debit Card…

using it you can do many online transactions by urself…

And who’s the domain provider in this case? And what about the reliability factor and domain security?
[/quote]

DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD. will be Provider. You will have full control over your Domain.

Separate domain control Panel with all features.

@Muazzam

1200 with WHOIS protection is a good price but seriously I find it a bit suspicious , a domain hosting/provider company operating out of RYK.

@Shaukat

I have emailed you

@Shaukat

I have emailed you

[/quote]

first its ShoukaT not ShaukaT…

second sorry bro… i didnt got any email… or may be it went to junk and i accidentally deleted it…

kindly resend it…

I suggest you visit www.creativeon.com and buy a domain from them. Their price list is here:

http://domains.creativeon.com/domain.php?action=domain_pricing&sb=no

I have used creativeon for domain registration before so I can recommend them as a good registrar.

I strongly suggest that you create your own account at their site so you can manage your domain yourself. You can create the account here:

http://domains.creativeon.com

Then you just send them the money via online bank deposit and email them to credit the amount to your domain account. You can then register and manage your choice of domain names at your convenience.

Thanks alot Rokra that was really helpful , I am going for it. Cheers

I also transfer money to creativeon and nexus

Both are doing great job

Punk is Pakwheels really your site or you are just promoting it?

@Muazzam

1200 with WHOIS protection is a good price but seriously I find it a bit suspicious , a domain hosting/provider company operating out of RYK.

[/quote]

Buy or not its up to you. But suspicious?? come on man your 1200 won’t make me rich.

I also transfer money to creativeon and nexus

Both are doing great job

[/quote]

Yeah Nexus.pk would solve your problem as well, as they accept pay order as a form of payment.

We offer free ID "protection" with domain registration, be sure to check it out if you already haven't gone ahead with the purchase.

Links are in the signature..

Use GoDaddy.com it provides you fairly cheap & reliable domains! you can use Credit Card for its payments

For Credit Cards! GoDaddy.com gives great coupons like a buy domain like .com, .net in $1.17

Am I missing something here ?. GoDaddy is asking

$11.99+$9.99 (privacy)=$22 for a .com domain

for one year.

In contrast, creativeON is giving all of that for Rs.

770+. That's just 40% of GoDaddy price.

Anybody here know why ?. And can one get a better

deal than creativeOn, outside Pakistan ?.

Sheikh '[.]' Chilli

Just a little skeptical about the "outside Pakistan." statement. Any particular reason for your decision?

You can surely find better deals. I have come across hosts offering domains at a very low price for the first year but relatively higher recurring prices. I would recommend that you focus on quality! A good decision now might help for any future problems that may arise.

A commonly faced problem is that some hosts deliberately lock the domain from being transferred, forcing the client to stay with them, this is a clever ploy used to bait clients regardless of locality or demography that the web hosting company belongs to.

Therefore chose a company that you are comfortable with, worthy of your trust. Always check for response times and support quality and don't be fooled by the price!

Hope that helps!

Am I missing something here ?. GoDaddy is asking

$11.99+$9.99 (privacy)=$22 for a .com domain

for one year.

In contrast, creativeON is giving all of that for Rs.

770+. That’s just 40% of GoDaddy price.

Anybody here know why ?. And can one get a better

deal than creativeOn, outside Pakistan ?.

Sheikh ‘[.]’ Chilli

[/quote]

The reason is just a different business strategy. Godaddy spends a lot of money on advertising in the US so they have to recover that money somehow. One way they do that is by playing loss leader and trying to upsell. That is they sell the basic domain name cheap and charge a lot for upgrades.

If you going to buy just one or two domains then just stick to the local resellers. But if you want to buy a lot then there is always internetbs.net. They offer the lowest prices without the customer having to muck about with discount coupons.