Does anyone know if a non pakistani passport holder can go for Hajj?

Need to know if a Foreigner staying in Pakistan like British/US/Canada Passport holder staying here can go for Hajj from Here.

He should contact his Embassy i think in this regard. Because Pakistan Govt. Allows only "Green" (Pakistani) Passport holders only.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

He should contact his Embassy i think in this regard. Because Pakistan Govt. Allows only “Green” (Pakistani) Passport holders only.
[/quote]

pakistan has nothing to do in deciding if/she could go to hajj if living in pakistan.

- the passport holder from whatever country it may be from has to be muslim thats the only requirement from the saudi govt. to go to mecca and medina

- contact directly to saudi embassy in pakistan and apply for visa there its as simple as that.

- reason may be asked by saudi embassy that why applying from pakistan and not home country , there could be many, ie. american muslim expatriate living and working in pakistan or could be british muslim visiting friend or family in pakistan decided in hurry to go to hajj also.

- pakistan govt has nothing to do with it.

i called Saudi Consulate. The person there told me that if the person is staying for atleast 6 months on valid permit then he can go. I asked him how to get visa, he said he can go either through Tour operator or Pak Govt.

The problem is i have talked to many tour operators and all of them say that they can only send !@#$ nationals. For govt option i am at loss on finding appropriate office to contact.

Kindly read the Hajj Policy for 2010.

http://www.hajjinfo.org/policy2010.htm

@abdulsami, you should contact your own embassy like British, Canadian etc - not the Saudi Consulate.

i am sharing the Hajj Consultant contact number, i think they can guide the right Hajj process...

+92-42-36306125

The saudi gov. deals with hajis by nationality. Like pakistani gov arranges for Pakistani hajjis, and bengali gov does for dere citizens. Hajj cannot be done privately without ur respective embassy arranging it. According to my knowledge it's best to contact the embassy u hold the passport of.

I do not know about Hajj but I have friends who have American passport and they go for Umrah all the time from Karachi on their US passports.

They are planning on doing Hajj next year and I do not think they will be applying via the American Embassy but rather directly to the Saudi Consulate or a tour operator. I think kamran1x1 is correct.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I do not know about Hajj but I have friends who have American passport and they go for Umrah all the time from Karachi on their US passports.

They are planning on doing Hajj next year and I do not think they will be applying via the American Embassy but rather directly to the Saudi Consulate or a tour operator. I think kamran1x1 is correct.

[/quote]

Tour operators give me a nod too for Umrah but they are not handling this case.

Can you ask your US friends about the Hajj process from them? I think they should be knowing.

In recent years i have notice that most Pakistanis living in gulf are coming to Pakistan for Hajj visit

As it is getting difficult and costly for them to apply from there.

i think you should not b able to apply from pakistan...coz govt has alow some people frm pakistan to go on haj nd govt send to those people who hv pakistani nationality...well this is what i think...you should try google search engine to confirm this