Does a Visa card or Mastercard ,requires a bank account

i want to have a VISA Card or Mastercard ,for online money buying something ,so do we need a Bank account necessary for it, if yes then which Bank here in Pakistan is best with maximum features,friendly ,lowest account opening money.

please suggest :)

No, you don't need a bank account.

But to pay the bill you need cheque otherwise you will have to pay some extra money.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i want to have a VISA Card or Mastercard ,for online money buying something ,so do we need a Bank account necessary for it, if yes then which Bank here in Pakistan is best with maximum features,friendly ,lowest account opening money.

please suggest :)

[/quote]

Indirectly Yes (you need it).

For the credit cards (whether VISA or Master card), you should be a salaried person or having your own business, in both cases you should have an account to show to the bank for applying Credit Cards. In which your monthly income deposited. Otherwise you wont get these Credit Cards. Even if you have millions in your accounts, but having no source of regular income.

One more thing some banks have ATM’s Cards having VISA facilities (except for Credit) like Allied Bank etc. In that case you also have a bank account.

Regards

And yes, you DO need a bank account if you are meaning to get Debit card. Consider debit card as cheque, anything you purchase is immediately taken from your bank balance just like withdrawing money with cheque. The difference is that you can use debit card almost everywhere credit card is accepted.

And yes, you DO need a bank account if you are meaning to get Debit card. Consider debit card as cheque, anything you purchase is immediately taken from your bank balance just like withdrawing money with cheque. The difference is that you can use debit card almost everywhere credit card is accepted.
[/quote]

Actually there is much difference in debit card and credit cards. For Debit Card, you have money in your account which you want to spend. While for credit cards, there is no need of money in your account. The only restriction is the limit provided by Credit Card issuing bank, which varies from person to person.

Regards

all i am asking is if i dont have a bank account ,how can i have a master card or visa card ,to do online transaction. :)

all i am asking is if i dont have a bank account ,how can i have a master card or visa card ,to do online transaction. :)
[/quote]

Simply you cannot have one.

Regards

so which bank is excellent for account ,minimum initial opening amount ,maximum facilities ,mastercard visa card facility ,online transaction. :)