Do you read English novels?

I read plenty of English stories. My favorite authors are Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Cormac McCarthy, and Sydney Sheldon.

My all time favorite story(ies): A series of unfortunate events by Lemony Snicket ;)

Currently I'm reading "IT" by SK. It's a huge novel but arguably one of the best works of Stephen King. If you're into supernatural and horror stories, this one is a must read.

Over to you.

Nope, I don't.

Try books by Ben Bova, if you're into sci-fi.

Lord of the Rings was pretty spectacular. Although it was painnnnfully long!

I've read quite a few books by Stephen King, but I find the man is a bit twisted, and he has this strange obsession with nausea. Every character of his seems to be nauseous at one point or the other in the book! ;)

I read the Harry Potters after hearing all the hype. It was good, but very overrated. Its not THAT good.

And yeah. Overall was a huge bookworm years ago. Nowadays university life is hectic and I haven't touched a book outside studies in ages. Makes me kinda sad actually! :(

No, i dont but i like novels..Is there any site to download novels in pdf format?

You could probably search torrent engines for novels, but you might not find many unless they're really popular like Harry Potter. You can however read all the older classics for free since they're out of copyright. Try:

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

http://www.e-book.com.au/freebooks.htm

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Main_Page

Reading on a computer screen is difficult. At least for me, it hurts my eyes.

I am a big fan of Paulo Coelho, real all his work. I read some others too. Khaled Hosseini's both books have been brilliant.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Reading on a computer screen is difficult. At least for me, it hurts my eyes.

I am a big fan of Paulo Coelho, real all his work. I read some others too. Khaled Hosseini’s both books have been brilliant.

[/quote]

I know what you mean! Even then I’ve read a number of books on my screen. If I have some money to spare I’d definitely invest in a device like the Amazon Kindle or the Sony Reader.

Mine is famoust writers perhaps you did not know about them ?

1) The Da Vinci Code

2) Call of Chulthu

3) Eragon

4) The Cronicles of Naria

5) And much more.

No, i dont but i like novels…Is there any site to download novels in pdf format?
[/quote]

Why pdf? If you have laptop or PDA, MS Reader is much better option. I have quite a big collection of novels by various authors in .lit format (used by MS reader). Made some effort to convert many of the novels to this format. If anyone interested, I can upload them on a sharing server, or can post a list of those books here to choose from and can email them. Let me know if interested.

I also know of a site which has huge collection of novels, but mostly in .doc or .txt format. PM me for the link.

R.L Stine is also a pretty good writer i have read all of the goosebump series as well as the nightmare on elms street series

I read famous and obscure alike, books I have read within the last year:

Khuswant Singh - Delhi / Train to Pakistan

Michael Malone - Bill & Dave, The HP Way

Chris. Brookmyre - The Art of Stealing

Gandhi, An Autobiography - Mahtama Gandhi

Malcom Gladwell - Tipping Point

Malcome Gladwell - Blink

Paul Cohelo - The Alchemist

Khaled Hosseni - Kite Runner

???? - Moth Smoke

Kiran Desai - A Inheritance of Loss

Mitch Albom - Tuesdays With Morrie / Five People... / One More Day

James ??? - A Million Little Pieces

Will probably finish off "Bill and Dave" today, and start on The Mughals by William Dalrymple this week. I am sure I have read more, but I just can't recall them right now. The problem is that I don't collect the books, I usually pass them on to other people to read so I can never remember what I've recently read =)

I read The Tipping Point too. Good stuff!

Indeed, I do. Though I'm more of a science fiction nut. I love Isaac Asimov's work especially his series Foundation. I also love the writings of Jostein Gaarder (writer of Sophie's World). Besides that, I like reading books explaining QM, Relativity, String Thoery. Of-course, most stuff is over my head but I keep at it and eventually learn a thing or two lol.

I read The Tipping Point too. Good stuff!
[/quote]

Tipping Point was good, but I think *blink was actually extraordinary in what it revealed. It adds another layer of mystery and complexity to our understanding of the human brain. Highly recommended.

i am a big fan of Dan Brown, and Isaac Asimov.

Reading Isaac Asimov's The Naked Sun right now. He's such as great sci-fi writer. His short stories are really stunning, makes you wonder how could he imagine such stuff in the 50s, 60s. So ahead of his time.

I read famous and obscure alike, books I have read within the last year:

Khuswant Singh - Delhi / Train to Pakistan

Michael Malone - Bill & Dave, The HP Way

Chris. Brookmyre - The Art of Stealing

Gandhi, An Autobiography - Mahtama Gandhi

Malcom Gladwell - Tipping Point

Malcome Gladwell - Blink

Paul Cohelo - The Alchemist

Khaled Hosseni - Kite Runner

??? - Moth Smoke

Kiran Desai - A Inheritance of Loss

Mitch Albom - Tuesdays With Morrie / Five People… / One More Day

James ??? - A Million Little Pieces

Will probably finish off “Bill and Dave” today, and start on The Mughals by William Dalrymple this week. I am sure I have read more, but I just can’t recall them right now. The problem is that I don’t collect the books, I usually pass them on to other people to read so I can never remember what I’ve recently read =)

[/quote]

Read both of Malcom Gladwell books. Impressive work.

If you like Gladwell’s books, you might also like “The power of now” by Eckhart Tolle “The myths of innovation” by Scott Berkun and “The medici effect” by Frank Johansson. These books are chock full of inspiration for creative people.

i am a big fan of Dan Brown, and Isaac Asimov.

Reading Isaac Asimov’s The Naked Sun right now. He’s such as great sci-fi writer. His short stories are really stunning, makes you wonder how could he imagine such stuff in the 50s, 60s. So ahead of his time.

[/quote]

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Asimov but haven’t read him yet. Though I’ve watched “i Robot” and it was enough testimony to the grandness of his work.

Have read Dan Brown’s famous “Da Vinvi Code”, picked up his another novel but it had the same Illuminati and masonry stuff, so I put it down.

Indeed, I do. Though I’m more of a science fiction nut. I love Isaac Asimov’s work especially his series Foundation. I also love the writings of Jostein Gaarder (writer of Sophie’s World). Besides that, I like reading books explaining QM, Relativity, String Thoery. Of-course, most stuff is over my head but I keep at it and eventually learn a thing or two lol.
[/quote]

I plan to explore sci-fi more, but so far I’ve read only one sci-fi novel: Contact by Carl Sagan. It was really impressive as most of Sagan’s fiction and non-fiction works.

Try books by Ben Bova, if you’re into sci-fi.

Lord of the Rings was pretty spectacular. Although it was painnnnfully long!

I’ve read quite a few books by Stephen King, but I find the man is a bit twisted, and he has this strange obsession with nausea. Every character of his seems to be nauseous at one point or the other in the book! ;)

I read the Harry Potters after hearing all the hype. It was good, but very overrated. Its not THAT good.

And yeah. Overall was a huge bookworm years ago. Nowadays university life is hectic and I haven’t touched a book outside studies in ages. Makes me kinda sad actually! :(

[/quote]

How can anyone not like Harry Potter! Despite its shortcomings, the whole series was riveting.

As for Stephen King, he is the king of his genre. He makes you feel nauseous doesn’t he? Well, that’s the kind of effect he’s supposed to achieve with his readers.

Read SK’s “Cell”. It’s more contemporary, less twisted, and a really really thrilling novel. Once you start reading you wouldn’t be able to put it down I promise. (recommemnded: read at night ;) )

read novels all my life>>i like to autobiographies of famouse people>>have read a lot science fiction have a small library at home and also member of clubs which have decent books and magazines>>