Do we have mobile numbers directory as the landline PTCL?

I want to ask that can we have the address of the person if we know his mobile number????

through net or whatever!!!!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I want to ask that can we have the address of the person if we know his mobile number???

through net or whatever!!!

[/quote]

there are some sites on the net which have a mobile number directory but i dont remember the address right now

some time back i check apnakarachi.com and found directory but no idea currntly available or not

such websites can only be available if mobile companies are willing to sell customers private info

i dont think they ll sell cuz even if u go to there franchise they don't tell u the owner ship of ur sime

companies have strict policies regarding customer's biodata.

you can only learn about a certain number-holder if you've some 'جاننے والا' in a mobile company.

why then PTCL shares and distributes customer's info? using the same logic they should also safeguard their customer's info and respect their privacy..? can't any one sue PTC on this issue?

PTCL has issued a whole phone directory........or 1217

for the ease of their customers to find the relevant numbers

so what about ease of mobile phone customers? now it would be the best time to issue either a hard copy or online version of directory, as they've got central database of all operator at one place coz of mobile number portability

^^^^^^^^^^^^

no wayy................

then the tech savvy faqeeers will buy one tht directory and will start spaming each and every body.............

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I want to ask that can we have the address of the person if we know his mobile number???

through net or whatever!!!

[/quote]

dont think so

you mean like http://17.ptcl.pk ? no any cellular providing service like that

Do we have mobile numbers directory as the landline PTCL????

^ not at all...

if you want to know about some body's details just go to franchise tell them a good reason pay them and they will tell u......my cuzn used to do like this but ur reason must be a strong 1 for asking such info or contact any of ur friend in cellular company he can tell u.......a call centre man can do this easily ,,,,