Do Fiber line works with battery

How true it is that fiber works with battery, I read somewhere,

fiber is working on battery(UPS)BACKUP AFTER LOADSHADING.N IN PAKISTAN,thet run only 30 to 45 mins usually.yes my line goes dead daily 3,4 times.so no any dsl then.

Don't get any fiber line.my connection works 30'mins after loadshading then i m waiting 4 light again.then they work:(

ONU cabinets need power to run the integrated DSLAMs and the Optic convectors...therefore to run them during load-shedding there's a backup setup within tht cabinet i.e batteries and UPS...in most places the batteries have gone weak therefore the backup time has been reduced..

so than we none fiber users are lucky my dsl works faster in load shedding time and i wait for next load shedding time

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

so than we none fiber users are lucky my dsl works faster in load shedding time and i wait for next load shedding time
[/quote]

LOL! You should ask Raja Parveiz Ashraf to increase the Load Shedding in your area then :D , The DSL guy of my exchange told me that new batteries cost almost 1 LAC! and they fill forms for new ones and purchase old ones from Kabar Khana (junk yard).

LOL! You should ask Raja Parveiz Ashraf to increase the Load Shedding in your area then :D , The DSL guy of my exchange told me that new batteries cost almost 1 LAC! and they fill forms for new ones and purchase old ones from Kabar Khana (junk yard).

[/quote]

So that they can get some commission

ONU cabinets need power to run the integrated DSLAMs and the Optic convectors…therefore to run them during load-shedding there’s a backup setup within tht cabinet i.e batteries and UPS…in most places the batteries have gone weak therefore the backup time has been reduced…
[/quote]

When there is no power so fiber line will not work after few hours, right?

^yeah right It does happen when Raja shaib is in full swing.